PDA

View Full Version : Anthony Rizzo Diagnosed with Cancer

BoSox21
05-16-2008, 06:52 PM
The Red Sox just released a statement about one of their prospects, Anthony Rizzo. Rizzo had been playing with Single A Greenville this season, after being drafted in the sixth round in 2007.

Rizzo was diagnosed with Limited Stage Classical Hodgkin's Lymphoma. He's currently being treated as an outpatient at Massachusetts General Hospital. He will return to his home in Miami in the next few days to continue treatment. According to the statement, "he has an excellent chance of cure and complete recovery." The treatment is expected to take six to eight months.

“Our thoughts and prayers are with Anthony and his family at this very difficult time,” general manager Theo Epstein said in a statement. “We are optimistic about his recovery and look forward to the day he can return to the playing field.”

- Amalie Benjamin, Boston.com Extra Bases Blog

The Dustball
05-16-2008, 06:57 PM
Best of luck to him. I hope he takes all the time he needs to make sure that he can get his life in order. I hope he has a complete, speedy recovery. Get well soon Anthony.

Thumper
05-17-2008, 02:12 AM
Glad to see his prognosis is good. May he get well soon.

BoSox21
05-20-2008, 02:25 PM
I hope Rizzo taped last night's game and watches it whenever he might get down on himself

ksushi
05-20-2008, 02:53 PM
Great to see a favorable prognosis. Best wishes to the kid. Tough news whenever someone gets diagnosed with cancer, but especially someone at his age. The upside of that though is that at a young age he has a great chance to beat it.