PDA

View Full Version : Che-Hsuan Lin

Beckett95
07-13-2008, 11:15 PM
redsoxprospects.com Scouting Report: Spectacularly athletic centerfielder likely would have been a supplemental first round pick in the 2007 draft had he been eligible. Ichiro-like speed with a cannon arm. Makes good contact - quick, strong wrists. Decent gap power, hits well to all fields. He's struggled with off-speed pitches early on. Exceptional glove and range in CF, and his arm is both very strong and accurate. One teammate commented positively on Lin's range, stating that it looks like Lin is "gliding on roller skates" in the outfield. The Red Sox outbid several teams for Lin's services. Also, at least one team significantly outbid Boston, but Lin preferred to play for the Red Sox organization.
MLB Comparison: BJ Upton

didnt see any thread on him, so i thought id start one. Anyone see the Futures game today, he got MVP as he hit a 2 run HR in the INTL 3-0 win over USA. Kids only 19 and has a lot of potential. Sounds like the real deal.

26 to 6
07-14-2008, 01:02 AM
I as at the futures game today and he looked damn good. He could absolutely have a productive career in the future.

BoSox21
07-14-2008, 07:51 AM
could be a very speedy outfield in a few years if he and Ellsbury are in the same lineup

TheKilo
07-14-2008, 10:53 AM
The 2RHR was a BOMB.

Beckett95
07-14-2008, 11:15 AM
imagine Ichiro, with 15-20 HR a year? Thats what this kid could potentially do. Sox have a lot of yound talented OF's in the system with Ellsbury, Moss, Reddick, Kalish, Lin and Place

BigPapiEnFuego
07-14-2008, 11:30 AM
Woah I never heard of this guy, but so far I really like it

BoSox21
07-14-2008, 11:56 AM
imagine Ichiro, with 15-20 HR a year? Thats what this kid could potentially do. Sox have a lot of yound talented OF's in the system with Ellsbury, Moss, Reddick, Kalish, Lin and Place

ie: trade chips

jacksonianmarch
07-17-2008, 12:40 AM
Lin has the tools like a lot of players do, but he still needs to make more solid contact and continue to show power consistently. He is certainly not Ichiro, as he K's a good amount and hasnt hit for a high average yet. He is 19 at A ball long season, so he is about a yr and a half younger than league average which gives him some leeway. What I do like is the fact that he plays good D at a premium D position, has speed to burn and has shown the potential to have a good eye (.095 IsoPatience as a 19 yr old). The power looks like it is there in the form of doubles and triples, but the HRs havent come yet. He is still a lot of projection and still needs to improve on his BA and consistency, but he is a player to keep an eye out for. In terms of sox OF prospects in A ball, he is less developed than Redick, but has the tools to be more versatile.

BoSox21
07-17-2008, 07:32 AM
and if he was a Yankee he'd be the next Willie Mays...

VA Sox Fan
07-17-2008, 08:43 AM
and if he was a Yankee he'd be the next Willie Mays...

:lol::lol::thumbsup:

Mr Crunchy
07-17-2008, 12:55 PM
arent you banging this kid lynda?

VA Sox Fan
07-17-2008, 01:16 PM
arent you banging this kid lynda?

Yeah, sure Seany...being the 'ho that I am and all....;):lol:

You hate filled prick!:lol:

Mr Crunchy
07-17-2008, 02:41 PM
a new meaning to ""eating chinese""....