PDA

View Full Version : Shape up people

Rdsxmbnt
02-19-2009, 05:51 PM
What is up with the thread quality here these days? It's like every single thread is full of useless crap. We don't need the entire population of talksox posting a one-liner about how much they love Papelbon's one year contract.

If you're post consists of only a ":lol:" to an unfunny comment then you may want to reconsider hitting the submit button.

Flame away!

CrespoBlows
02-19-2009, 05:54 PM
I think there's something to the theory that thread quality tends to decline when the offseason arrives.

I think it'll pick up in March. We have something to constantly talk about.

See Red
02-19-2009, 06:16 PM
What is up with the thread quality here these days? It's like every single thread is full of useless crap. We don't need the entire population of talksox posting a one-liner about how much they love Papelbon's one year contract.

If you're post consists of only a ":lol:" to an unfunny comment then you may want to reconsider hitting the submit button.

Flame away!

:lol:

Coco's Disciples
02-19-2009, 06:21 PM
Fairly ironic.

But yeah, it's not exactly prime season for good baseball talk. It will get back up.

BSN07
02-19-2009, 06:23 PM
:lol:

~snicker

It's a slow time of year. Not much news of any consequence to debate over.

Besides most of the guys fighting are people who are stuck in places where winter blows. Of course there fuses are going to be shorter. And fights are bound to break out.

Dipre
02-19-2009, 07:51 PM
There is, of course, the "diony and jacko" factor to be considered as well.

RedSoxRooter
02-19-2009, 07:56 PM
yeah

a700hitter
02-19-2009, 08:55 PM

Flame away!There's nothing going on. There are no games. The Hot Stove season is over. We are in no man's land until the ST games start. Thank goodness for ARod. He gave us something to discuss the past two weeks.

Youk Of The Nation
02-19-2009, 09:36 PM
Add me to the list of people who hold the opinion that this is due to the offseason effect. The place is always much busier and much more entertaining when there is baseball going on. It'll get better, trust me.

Jacoby_Ellsbury
02-19-2009, 10:10 PM
In other news, can we add a motion 'lol' smiley? I feel gay as shit everytime I use this thing :lol:.

See Red
02-19-2009, 11:51 PM
In other news, can we add a motion 'lol' smiley? I feel gay as shit everytime I use this thing :lol:.

Really? I like using :lol:. Certainly better than putting "lol".

The one I think is gay is this one... :shock:

BSN07
02-20-2009, 07:19 AM
I admit some new smilies would be welcome. But we have some pretty good ones here,:wtf::stop::ortiz::what::banned::papelbon: :joke: are all good ones.

:sleep: This is my gay one. Look at it quick(closed eyes look like an arm, his mouth looks like his eye getting big and small, the pillow looks like his feet) and he looks likes he's giving himself a knob job.

TheKilo
02-20-2009, 10:29 AM
Papelbon's contract is awesome

Rdsxmbnt
02-20-2009, 05:36 PM
Mark Bellhorn ftw everybody

Rdsxmbnt
02-22-2009, 11:10 AM
The much awaited:

THREAD ANALYSIS: Sox, Papelbon agree to 1 year deal.

Total posts: 97

Posts consisting of a grand total of 1-3 lines: 88

Posts deemed useful to the discussion: 20

Posts deemed completely pointless to the discussion: 77

Posts deemed humorous: 0

Attempts at humor: Many

In Percentages:
1-3 liners: 90.7% (impressive)

Useful: 20.6%
Useless: 79.4%

I could name names but I think at this point it's fairly self-evident who needs to up their game a tad.

BoSox21
02-22-2009, 11:12 AM
OMFG, did you really take time to figure that out?!

Coco's Disciples
02-22-2009, 03:45 PM
Who cares, it's February and it's a message board.

This is line four.