PDA

View Full Version : MLB 11 The Show

Pages : [1] 2

SoxFanForsyth
03-08-2011, 09:36 PM
Just picked up my copy of The Show. It's like the real thing!

Joking - but I did get it today. If you get the game - don't forget to update the rosters first thing. A lot of moves have been made since the roster cutoff on the game, but a quick download fixed that. The analog hitting is pretty tough at first (timing the hitting with pitch recognition is like patting your head and rubbing your stomach). I turned off the analog controls on fielding and went with classic, much better.

So far, I'm 3-1. Buchholz got shelled his first outing, but Crawford, who I have in the 3 slot (default he leads off), is crushing, as is Gonzo. Pretty sweet game so far, and oh by the way, it comes with a 30 day free trial of MLB.TV.

If you start a franchise, I always like to read about the games and talk about those too, so keep us posted on how you're doing.

suns
03-08-2011, 09:38 PM
How is RTTS

SoxFanForsyth
03-08-2011, 09:39 PM
I don't ever play that, I'm strictly a franchise player, but from what I've read online via reviews, they didn't make many changes to it.

One thing they did change, though, is the trading - you can trade prospects for big name players this year instead of having to go with like Pedroia + Youkilis for Pujols.

italstallianion
03-08-2011, 09:44 PM
I only play Franchise mode for the business aspects of it (setting prices, buying seats, marketing, promotion etc) I'm mostly a RTTS player.

SoxFanForsyth
03-08-2011, 09:48 PM
What's the fun in having a badass team like the Sox this year if you don't use them in the franchise?

RedSoxfanforlife305
03-08-2011, 09:48 PM
Can't wait till I get this game. Be ready Forsyth.

suns
03-08-2011, 09:50 PM
What's the fun in having a badass team like the Sox this year if you don't use them in the franchise?

You could use RTTS and be drafted or you can pick the red sox and then you can go from AA to AAA to starting with the red sox

italstallianion
03-08-2011, 09:51 PM

There's still Rivalry mode (Sox vs. Yankees) and your RTTS player can be on the Red Sox and add to the team that they already have.

bsox0407
03-08-2011, 09:57 PM
There's still Rivalry mode (Sox vs. Yankees) and your RTTS player can be on the Red Sox and add to the team that they already have.

What position would you take from the Sox in RTTS.

italstallianion
03-08-2011, 10:01 PM
What position would you take from the Sox in RTTS.

CF. The Red Sox team in my game (MLB 2010 The Show) is

C: V-mart
1B: Pujols
DH: Youkilis
2B: Pedroia
3B: Beltre
SS: Hanley Ramirez
LF: Ellsbury
CF: My Character
RF: JD Drew/Cody Ross platoon

With a rotation of:

Lee
Dempster
Gallardo
Lackey
Brett Anderson

And I had nothing to do with "forcing" any moves. Heck, my character started out on the Tigers and got traded to the Red Sox in 2013. I think we won 135 games this past season.

suns
03-08-2011, 10:03 PM
I have never got past AAA

bsox0407
03-08-2011, 10:08 PM
CF. The Red Sox team in my game (MLB 2010 The Show) is

C: V-mart
1B: Pujols
DH: Youkilis
2B: Pedroia
3B: Beltre
SS: Hanley Ramirez
LF: Ellsbury
CF: My Character
RF: JD Drew/Cody Ross platoon

With a rotation of:

Lee
Dempster
Gallardo
Lackey
Brett Anderson

And I had nothing to do with "forcing" any moves. Heck, my character started out on the Tigers and got traded to the Red Sox in 2013. I think we won 135 games this past season.

My Team
C: Joe Mauer
1B: A-Gon
2B: Petey
SS: My Guy
3B: Youk
LF: CC
CF: Ells
RF: Drew
DH: Papi

Pitch Rotation
1: Beckett
2: Lackey
3: Lester
4: Buchholz
5: Dice-k.

italstallianion
03-08-2011, 10:12 PM
Nice, a team like that makes the RTTS awesome.

bsox0407
03-08-2011, 10:16 PM
Nice, a team like that makes the RTTS awesome.

Thats my Franchise. Got A-gon of Waivers, I have no clue it happened. Crawford i traded V-mart Straight Up. Mauer was a Free Agent and I gave him an alright offer and he took. No one else came close.

suns
03-08-2011, 10:18 PM
Does the game make the trades

italstallianion
03-08-2011, 10:21 PM
It can make trade offers or reject your trade offers, unless you use the "force trade" option. The computer can also run trades with other teams without you knowing.

bsox0407
03-08-2011, 10:23 PM
It can make trade offers or reject your trade offers, unless you use the "force trade" option. The computer can also run trades with other teams without you knowing.

They do a lot of Stupid stuff. in Year two of the MLB Franchise Jeter Was with the Reds along with Beltre and Lowell. Yankees got Rollins, Lee went to Colorado(Which made a wicked Tandem).

Coco's Disciples
03-08-2011, 10:35 PM
That was always one of my pet peeves in video game franchises. I like them to be realistic, and then there's a bunch of totally ridiculous trades. That's one thing I feel like nobody has ever gotten right.

italstallianion
03-08-2011, 10:38 PM
That was always one of my pet peeves in video game franchises. I like them to be realistic, and then there's a bunch of totally ridiculous trades. That's one thing I feel like nobody has ever gotten right.

There are many other annoying "bugs" in the game, especially in the RTTS mode when you can't control when you get taken out of the game. One day you could throw 130 pitches and give up a few hits in the 9th and the coach doesn't take you out, but God forbid that you're up 1-0 in the 6th or later and give up a baserunner, because then you're given the hook.

And then there are plenty of times when the fielders make retarded plays and they aren't ruled as "errors" which skews your RTTS pitcher's ERA. Not to mention all of the umpiring ball/strike calls, but that's in there on purpose for realism.

EXman369
03-08-2011, 11:09 PM
I just wish that the ball, strike calls were more realistic. I hate it when my pitch is one millimeter out of the zone and it is called a ball.

boston22407
03-08-2011, 11:56 PM
i knw this says mlb the show ,but i got 2k11 im digging it right now ,tomorrow im doing the redsox farm team from aaa to a
im going to writing down my team info stats info after each week, yall should too

SoxFanForsyth
03-09-2011, 07:40 AM
Decided to give Pap a rest since he had thrown a couple games in a row and it's early April, so I bring in Bard with a 1 run lead over the Indians, and he quickly lets up 2 runs. Walk off losses hurt even in video games. I'm now 3-2, and at work, but can't stop thinking about the game.

RSFFL - Bring it on.

suns
03-09-2011, 07:42 AM
What position does the Indians need the most help at?

SoxFanForsyth
03-09-2011, 08:35 AM
What position does the Indians need the most help at?

Anywhere but catcher, and for the games purposes, center field, although Grady is a FA after 2011, so by the time your RTTS guy gets called up, Grady probably won't be there anymore.

EXman369
03-09-2011, 10:10 AM
Had a pitcher in 10 so i am prolly making a SS or RF since the sox are the weakest there in 11. Recommend either one? i have only been a pitcher in my player mode?

SoxFanForsyth
03-09-2011, 10:18 AM
Had a pitcher in 10 so i am prolly making a SS or RF since the sox are the weakest there in 11. Recommend either one? i have only been a pitcher in my player mode?

Depends - do you like making 2-3 defensive plays per game, or 6-8, cover the bag on stolen bases, flip double plays, etc? If you're just in it to hit, I'd go with a RF, but if you want to play a lot of defense too (lengthens the games, though), go with SS.

boston22407
03-09-2011, 11:03 AM

thats what im doing ss

EXman369
03-09-2011, 11:08 AM
There a certain reason why your choosing SS over RF?

italstallianion
03-09-2011, 11:16 AM
When I do RTTS I always use a SP. Everyone can use good pitching. At some point I'll get bored with the pitcher and create a batter. In 08 The Show I had a First Baseman, simply because he made the most plays in the field and earned me the most points, however I really got bored with the fielding. In MLB 2010 The Show I have a CF, and the fielding is a bit more fun. I've also tried the catcher mode in RTTS which isn't bad, but it gets boring quickly.

I also resent the fact that you have to be right handed to play SS/2B/C, which is even more annoying because if your coach subs you in to play one of those positions, the computer makes your player right handed, even if he was left handed a few minutes ago like my player.

boston22407
03-09-2011, 12:14 PM
There a certain reason why your choosing SS over RF?

Playing Be a a Pro Of on 2k is a bitch ,so i just did SS

26 to 6
03-09-2011, 01:15 PM
I've been a huge fan of The Show for years now (since the demise of All Star Baseball) and it is without question the best baseball franchise I've ever played (although Japan's Pro Yakyu Spirits gives it a run for it's money... it's hard to appreciate that game though when you can't read Japanese...the gameplay is phenomenal though). I haven't gotten MLB 11 yet because a few months ago my PS3 shit the bed (yellow light "of death") and it isn't under warranty anymore and I just don't have the money to go buy a new one. I look forward to hopefully playing the game sooner rather than later though.

I look forward to seeing everyone's comments on the game. And if anyone has any experience with the blinking yellow light issue, or how to fix it please let me know. I came across a tutorial, but it looked so complicated (involved completely disassembling the console, using a heat gun, and a whole bunch of other scary shit) that I didn't want to even mess with it for fear of fucking it up worse than it already was. It's not too bad though, I very rarely play video games anymore (except when the Show comes out lol), and I like to wait until Knight releases his famous full-minors rosters over on Operationsports.com before I start a franchise anyway, which isn't usually until around opening day.

So for now I'll continue reading everyone's comments until I'm either able to fix my PS3 or get a new one. I'm looking forward to using the analog hitting controls though. I wonder if it's anything like the analog controls of the MVP College Baseball game.

mvp 78
03-09-2011, 01:53 PM
i knw this says mlb the show ,but i got 2k11 im digging it right now ,tomorrow im doing the redsox farm team from aaa to a
im going to writing down my team info stats info after each week, yall should too

Do the fielders still run around like they are on skates?

SoxFanForsyth
03-09-2011, 02:02 PM
I think it's much more realistic this year. One thing I noticed for sure is that gappers actually fall this year. Last year, if you hit the ball in the air, it better fall in front of the outfielders because if not, it's going to get caught. This year, you can hit the ball over their heads, sometimes they take a step in before sprinting back, and my favorite thing - outfielders have different jumps. By this, I mean guys like Ichiro and Crawford start moving almost instantly when the ball is hit, but bad outfielders like Bay, it takes them a second to get a read and make their first move, so if you hit a ball over Bay's head, it takes him an extra second to make his first move in comparison to say a guy like Crawford. Very, very nice touch.

Jacoby_Ellsbury
03-09-2011, 02:16 PM
Bring back MVP.

italstallianion
03-09-2011, 02:18 PM
I agree. That or do another Major League Baseball with Ken Griffey Jr. ;)

Jacoby_Ellsbury
03-09-2011, 02:19 PM
To hell with Griffey, I'm just tired of being restricted to the clusterfuck that is MLB 2k year after year.

SoxFanForsyth
03-09-2011, 02:21 PM
Exactly. I played the 2K version up until last year, and when I got The Show, my jaw dropped. It's head and shoulders above 2K.

MVP has always been my favorite series, and I really loved that college baseball game too, I can't believe they ditched that. But The Show may have overtaken MVP.

italstallianion
03-09-2011, 02:27 PM
I've actually never owned a 2k baseball game. I borrowed one from a friend of mine, 2k6, I believe, and it was so bad that I've never touched the series again. I loved Major League Baseball with Ken Griffey Jr. (as a classic rather than great graphics) and I also loved MVP Baseball and the MLB The Show series. I've heard that the 2k basketball series is actually good unlike the 2k baseball series, so I might one day give that a chance.

Jacoby_Ellsbury
03-09-2011, 02:36 PM
The last one I owned was 2k7, which wasn't good by any means but probably the best of the ones I've played. I've played every one since though on at least a couple of occasions, and they've actually gotten worse. I honestly wonder if they even test the damn things before they ship them out.

2k's NBA games are excellent. This past year absolutely nailed it in gameplay, graphics, and presentation. You play in TD Garden, it actually sounds like there's a game going on in the real life arena.

italstallianion
03-09-2011, 02:38 PM
The only NBA games I've played are NBA Live, but I haven't bought an NBA game since 2004. If I was to get an NBA game I'd probably get a 2k series one.

bsox0407
03-09-2011, 02:39 PM
The last one I owned was 2k7, which wasn't good by any means but probably the best of the ones I've played. I've played every one since though on at least a couple of occasions, and they've actually gotten worse. I honestly wonder if they even test the damn things before they ship them out.

2k's NBA games are excellent. This past year absolutely nailed it in gameplay, graphics, and presentation. You play in TD Garden, it actually sounds like there's a game going on in the real life arena.

2k Is good with Basketball but Baseball is a joke. I played 2k8 and it was pathetic. Everything i hit was a HR or a Ground ball i won 12-11 It wasnt fun. MLB The Show is far better. i miss MVP but MLB the Show is Awesome. It was the reason i bought my PS3 and now my Xbox 360 rots.

Jasonbay44
03-09-2011, 02:41 PM
I've actually never owned a 2k baseball game. I borrowed one from a friend of mine, 2k6, I believe, and it was so bad that I've never touched the series again. I loved Major League Baseball with Ken Griffey Jr. (as a classic rather than great graphics) and I also loved MVP Baseball and the MLB The Show series. I've heard that the 2k basketball series is actually good unlike the 2k baseball series, so I might one day give that a chance.

Yeah, 2k baseball is usually never close to as good as the show, but I have a 360 so I'm forced to either play that or not play a baseball game.

2k basketball games are a completely different story, this year 2k in basketball released one of the better basketball games I've ever played, I really like the my player mode. The only thing I hate though is 2k's servers. I don't know if you guys play online but 2k is horrible for online play, they have so many disconnections, it takes forever to find matches and etc.. Its horrible.

Jacoby_Ellsbury
03-09-2011, 02:45 PM
2k11 is the best basketball game I've ever played. Before that it was 2k10. 2k4 (titled as 'ESPN NBA Basketball') was really awesome too.

I've yet to play online with 2k11, I didn't do it that much with 2k10 because I'm usually too busy whoring online Halo to play anything else. Might've been a little slow but I wasn't pulling my hair out over it.

RedSoxfanforlife305
03-09-2011, 03:28 PM
Agreed 2k is good at basketball(well from what I've seen from 2k11) but trash in baseball.

26 to 6 - How long have you had your ps3?

boston22407
03-09-2011, 05:14 PM
2k my player is hard man ,i cant hit

msubulldogs21
03-09-2011, 05:22 PM
I picked up The Show 11 last night but haven't had time to play it just yet. Probably will later tonight. I was briefly watching a friend play it a few minutes ago, and I didn't see a pitching meter when he was throwing. Am I missing something? Why wouldn't there be a meter?

RedSoxfanforlife305
03-09-2011, 05:29 PM
There still is a meter just used in a different way. Instea of hitting X to locate the power and locate of the pitch you must use the analog stick. Unless you change the settings like I did.

msubulldogs21
03-09-2011, 05:32 PM
Yeah, I'm pretty sure he had it on classic controls. I don't have any desire to use the analog controls. I just prefer the classic style of hitting, pitching, and fielding. Is the meter still the same as it used to be if you put it back on classic controls?

RedSoxfanforlife305
03-09-2011, 05:33 PM
Yes sir.

Edit:It's the same meter as the older version of the show. Not the current one.

msubulldogs21
03-09-2011, 05:48 PM
That's what I meant. I was just wondering (hoping) that there was still a pitching meter like my previous game ('09) had.

suns
03-09-2011, 07:01 PM
Anywhere but catcher, and for the games purposes, center field, although Grady is a FA after 2011, so by the time your RTTS guy gets called up, Grady probably won't be there anymore.

But Michael Brantley is a CF

italstallianion
03-09-2011, 07:06 PM
It honestly doesn't matter that much. If your player is good, he'll get called up in the near future.

suns
03-09-2011, 07:06 PM
It honestly doesn't matter that much. If your player is good, he'll get called up in the near future.

How many years did it take for your guy to get called up?

italstallianion
03-09-2011, 07:09 PM
It depends. The earliest I've probably made the majors would be September of the first season. More often than not, the average time to the majors in my 6+ RTTS players between 2008 and 2010 would be just before the All Star Break of my 2nd season.

suns
03-09-2011, 07:10 PM
You have to be really good at the game. I swing at literally everything

SoxFanForsyth
03-10-2011, 08:41 AM
So I finally caved in and started a RTTS career. I went with a SP because I find it incredibly difficult to consistently hit in this game since I haven't mastered the whole analog swinging, but I have gotten used to analog pitching. Anyway - they started me out as a MRP and I dominated that, so they finally let me start a game. I had a perfect game through 7.2 IP, but let up a grounder between the first and second basemen, but still ended up with a complete game, 3 hit shut out. Threw my 2nd game, got through 8.1 IP of shut out baseball before I was pulled after my SS made an error and threw a ball over my 1st baseman's head. Closer came in a blew the save, and we lost.

Anyway - so far I've thrown 34.1 IP with 39 K's (10.29 K/9), 0 BB, and a 0.00 ERA. I've got a running fastball that pumps 99 with a devastating slider. How long do I have to dominate at the AA level before I get bumped to AAA?!?

bsox0407
03-10-2011, 09:20 AM
Okay finally got to play it last night. Lets just say it is really hard. No pitching meter when i pitch oh well i got the hang of it. Plus last night game two of my franchise Jed Lowrie (Replacing Youk who got hurt in game one) lined a shot off the head of CJ Wilson knocking him down on the ground and out of the game. That is a major upgrade compared to last year where the guy could take it off the face and pick the ball up and throw you out. This game is way awesome. I love having Crawford in the lineup he went 5-6 in Game two after a 2-4 night in game one. he has a few SBs already. I want to check the DL to see what happened to Wilson but it was 2 in the AM and i just saved and went to bed. lmao

DirtDog
03-10-2011, 09:27 AM
Started a RTTS but my guy makes Julio Lugo looks like a gold glover so I've been playing online. I took a no-hitter with Lester into the 8th inning. Asshole lays down a bunt with Derek Jeter. He beats it out. I thhrow at A-Rod in the head very next play. He had bases loaded no one out and I was up 4-0. Had Bard come in and shut the door. Pop up, then 2 straight strikeouts. Let him finish the 9th too.

Hitting is harder this year but I'm getting the hang of it. Crawford and Ortiz went deep for me. And Salty had a key triple.

italstallianion
03-10-2011, 11:41 AM
So I finally caved in and started a RTTS career. I went with a SP because I find it incredibly difficult to consistently hit in this game since I haven't mastered the whole analog swinging, but I have gotten used to analog pitching. Anyway - they started me out as a MRP and I dominated that, so they finally let me start a game. I had a perfect game through 7.2 IP, but let up a grounder between the first and second basemen, but still ended up with a complete game, 3 hit shut out. Threw my 2nd game, got through 8.1 IP of shut out baseball before I was pulled after my SS made an error and threw a ball over my 1st baseman's head. Closer came in a blew the save, and we lost.

Anyway - so far I've thrown 34.1 IP with 39 K's (10.29 K/9), 0 BB, and a 0.00 ERA. I've got a running fastball that pumps 99 with a devastating slider. How long do I have to dominate at the AA level before I get bumped to AAA?!?

Yeah, one thing that's consistent in The Show Games is retarded coaches in the RTTS mode. I'd imagine that it's a hard problem to fix though.

boston22407
03-10-2011, 12:44 PM
My Be a Pro Thur 20 Games - SS AA Seadogs
AB-82
H-20
2B-5
3B-5
HR-1
RBI-7
R-10
TB-38
BB-2
SO-10
AVG-.244
SB-3
CS-3

Slow start at the start but the last 5 games i have been killing it ,The team called a double steal twice and the guy on 2nd never leaves and that's how i have a lot of CS ,i will write back in 30 games or so

boston22407
03-10-2011, 12:50 PM
In the mlb i want to be a 30Hr/30SB guy

EXman369
03-10-2011, 01:51 PM
damn this thread i got mlb 10 for christmas i dont want to go around and buy the new one right away.

I will end up caving by the end of the week though the sox are just to good of a team in it not to

DirtDog
03-10-2011, 02:01 PM
Why'd you get MLB 10 so late? well after season ended. I'd rather have asked for another game. This offseason FIFA 11 kept me occupied. Been playing as Liverpool and such. Got absolutely addicted to that game.

EXman369
03-10-2011, 02:16 PM
I bought it so late beause i wanted to save money some how spent 25 on it on blackfriday and got it christmas day, instead of spending 60 bucks for it now. I have fifa 10 as well so im going to buy 12, usually i buy sports games every other year but i may break it on MLB

DirtDog
03-10-2011, 02:30 PM
If you have 10, and are enjoying it, I wouldn't break the bank with another 60 bucks. The only real difference is the analog controls and some general improvements. 10 is still a great game. My roommate had it, but now I'm on my own so I bought 11.

italstallianion
03-10-2011, 02:32 PM
If you have 10, and are enjoying it, I wouldn't break the bank with another 60 bucks. The only real difference is the analog controls and some general improvements. 10 is still a great game. My roommate had it, but now I'm on my own so I bought 11.

I agree. I've been playing 2010 for a long time and I'm going to keep playing it until at least MLB 2012 comes up. I'd rather keep playing 2010 then to try and learn a new system for 2011 and then forget that and learn a new system for 2012. Besides, by 2012 they might fix bugs that are in 2011.

SoxFanForsyth
03-10-2011, 05:58 PM
Good Lord. Just got done with a slugfest against the Yankees. Beckett on the bump against Freddy Garcia. Back and forth all freaking game, but to sum it up:

Ellsbury: 4-5, 2 R, 1 RBI, 1 2B, 1 SB
Pedroia: 3-5, 1 R, 1 RBI, 1 SB
Crawford: 4-5, 3 R, 4 RBI, 2 2B, 2 HR (Player of the Game)
Gonzo: 3-5, 1 R, 1 RBI
Youkilis: 1-5, 2 R, 1 RBI, 1 HR
Ortiz: 4-5, 2 R, 4 RBI, 1 2B, 2 HR

Additional notables: Salty had a double and a bomb, 2 RBI's and 2 runs.

Beckett got shelled for 8 runs (4 earned) over 5 IP, Aceves came in and gave up a 3 run bomb to A-Rod (1 IP, 3 ER), Andrew Miller and Bobby Jenks combined for 3 IP, 1 ER, 5 K's.

Sox win, 14-12.

EDIT: I scored at least 1 run in every single inning, which they said was only done 5 times in the American League in history, most recently in 1998 by the Royals.

SoxFanForsyth
03-10-2011, 06:06 PM
Okay finally got to play it last night. Lets just say it is really hard. No pitching meter when i pitch oh well i got the hang of it. Plus last night game two of my franchise Jed Lowrie (Replacing Youk who got hurt in game one) lined a shot off the head of CJ Wilson knocking him down on the ground and out of the game. That is a major upgrade compared to last year where the guy could take it off the face and pick the ball up and throw you out. This game is way awesome. I love having Crawford in the lineup he went 5-6 in Game two after a 2-4 night in game one. he has a few SBs already. I want to check the DL to see what happened to Wilson but it was 2 in the AM and i just saved and went to bed. lmao

Dude Crawford is an absolute beast in this game.

I'm 8 games in and Crawford is hitting .324 with a 1.088 OPS, 3 Doubles, 4 HR, 9 RBI's, 7 Runs, and 3 SB.

Also, Ellsbury is hitting .500 for me through 36 AB's with 6 SB, and is 11 for 15 (.733) over the past 3 games. He's on an absolute tear.

RedSoxfanforlife305
03-10-2011, 06:15 PM
Good Lord. Just got done with a slugfest against the Yankees. Beckett on the bump against Freddy Garcia. Back and forth all freaking game, but to sum it up:

Ellsbury: 4-5, 2 R, 1 RBI, 1 2B, 1 SB
Pedroia: 3-5, 1 R, 1 RBI, 1 SB
Crawford: 4-5, 3 R, 4 RBI, 2 2B, 2 HR (Player of the Game)
Gonzo: 3-5, 1 R, 1 RBI
Youkilis: 1-5, 2 R, 1 RBI, 1 HR
Ortiz: 4-5, 2 R, 4 RBI, 1 2B, 2 HR

Additional notables: Salty had a double and a bomb, 2 RBI's and 2 runs.

Beckett got shelled for 8 runs (4 earned) over 5 IP, Aceves came in and gave up a 3 run bomb to A-Rod (1 IP, 3 ER), Andrew Miller and Bobby Jenks combined for 3 IP, 1 ER, 5 K's.

Sox win, 14-12.

EDIT: I scored at least 1 run in every single inning, which they said was only done 5 times in the American League in history, most recently in 1998 by the Royals.

What difficulty you play on?

SoxFanForsyth
03-10-2011, 06:20 PM
Veteran. That's by far the best offensive game I've ever had though.

RedSoxfanforlife305
03-10-2011, 06:22 PM
Nice, I play veteran as well. Sometimes All-star.

italstallianion
03-10-2011, 06:24 PM
I usually play whatever difficulty mode it comes on. I'll play the harder difficulties in Exhibition mode occasionally to practice in case I'm going to play against some of my friends, but I'm paranoid of the hardest difficulties ever since I broke 2 of my PS2 controllers in the same inning of MVP Baseball 2004.

SoxFanForsyth
03-10-2011, 06:24 PM
You're gonna think you're playing on HOF when you're playing me.

SoxFanForsyth
03-10-2011, 06:26 PM
I usually play whatever difficulty mode it comes on. I'll play the harder difficulties in Exhibition mode occasionally to practice in case I'm going to play against some of my friends, but I'm paranoid of the hardest difficulties ever since I broke 2 of my PS2 controllers in the same inning of MVP Baseball 2004.

This is hilarious to me because my buddy and I used to play drinking games with MVP 2004. Every out, the offense took a drink, every hit the defense took a drink. Hammered by the 5th, I was playing with Boston, he had St. Louis, and Beckett hit his 2nd bomb of the game. 2 seconds later, I see my buddy taking a golf club to a small set of cabinets. I was laughing hysterically.

RedSoxfanforlife305
03-10-2011, 06:28 PM
You're gonna think you're playing on HOF when you're playing me.

I'm so ready to spank your ass you have no idea :lol:

italstallianion
03-10-2011, 06:29 PM
I had it on HOF difficulty (or Legend, whichever one was the highest) and I was batting and tried to hit a 101mph fastball up and in, and sure enough, dislocated the left analog stick. Later in the inning, same pitch, same swing, another controller with a dislocated left analog stick. Since it was my last controller I finished the game with the dislocated analog stick, turned the difficulty back down and bought a few new controllers. I still have those dislocated controllers as a fond memory though.

italstallianion
03-10-2011, 06:30 PM
I'm so ready to spank your ass you have no idea :lol:

That's gay. ;)

RedSoxfanforlife305
03-10-2011, 06:30 PM
;)

Flynnatic10
03-10-2011, 08:16 PM
;)

RedSoxfanforlife305
03-10-2011, 08:18 PM
Ok RSFFL :lol:

Flynnatic10
03-10-2011, 08:20 PM
http://images1.memegenerator.net/ImageMacro/4303794/Thats-gay-Fo-real.jpg?imageSize=Medium&generatorName=Antoine-Dodson

RedSoxfanforlife305
03-10-2011, 08:21 PM
So umad brah? Who wouldn't want to be me. A famous basketball player making that $$$.

italstallianion
03-10-2011, 08:23 PM
Cool Story Bro. lol j/k

Flynnatic10
03-10-2011, 08:24 PM
So umad brah? Who wouldn't want to be me. A famous basketball player making that $$$.

http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2011/2/15/65dffb65-ebc6-40bc-8cad-e9e123c88e79.jpg

SoxFanForsyth
03-10-2011, 09:37 PM
I don't understand this game.

One game, I can't hit Jeff Niemman, the next game, I light Price's tits on fire.

:dunno:

Manny leading the league in BA with .500, Ellsbury at .489 though with 9 SB and a 1.178 OPS.

Anyone else in a franchise?

SCM33
03-10-2011, 09:48 PM

One game, I can't hit Jeff Niemman, the next game, I light Price's tits on fire.

Manny leading the league in BA with .500, Ellsbury at .489 though with 9 SB and a 1.178 OPS.

I am doing a RTTS as a closer. Ive just been promoted to AAA and its my first season. I have been finding it infuriating that Ill leave a slider up in the zone and the CPU swings and misses, but while facing a LHH I paint the outside corner with a circle change only to watch it get hooked into right field to blow the save and lose the game.

boston22407
03-10-2011, 09:49 PM

im just doing a be a pro for right now

bsox0407
03-11-2011, 12:25 AM

I am. I have not gotten that far. I have played 4 of the 7 games. The three were against the Indians which the scores were 10-1, 12-1, 14-0. ahhah.

I am a Really Good hitter. The pitching is where im not so great just yet. I can be really patient hitter. I had Hughes over 65 pitches by the end of the Third. I won the game 9-2. It was the first fame against the Yankees. I dont get the Yankee Lineup. Jeter hitting .357 batting 8. They had Belliard as DH batting 9. Gardner was leadoff followed by Cano. Worst of All Tex was hitting .317.

SoxFanForsyth
03-11-2011, 07:41 AM
I am. I have not gotten that far. I have played 4 of the 7 games. The three were against the Indians which the scores were 10-1, 12-1, 14-0. ahhah.

I am a Really Good hitter. The pitching is where im not so great just yet. I can be really patient hitter. I had Hughes over 65 pitches by the end of the Third. I won the game 9-2. It was the first fame against the Yankees. I dont get the Yankee Lineup. Jeter hitting .357 batting 8. They had Belliard as DH batting 9. Gardner was leadoff followed by Cano. Worst of All Tex was hitting .317.

Yeah dude. The Yankees line up was all kinds of messed up when I played them. They had Tex and Gardner on the DL. My bullpen shit the bed the first game, so I lost that, then I hammered Freddy Garcia the 2nd game, then Andrew Brackman threw the 3rd game and I think I had RISP every inning and could only muster 2 runs, and lost 4-2.

Took 2/3 from the Rays, though. Beat Price and Shields, lost to Niemman. Currently I'm sitting on a 7-5 record. I didn't play many ST games, and I'm using the analog controls for pitching and hitting, buttons for fielding, so I'm still in my learning curve, but I'm definitely able to work the count a hell of a lot better now than on Opening Day, so I'm sure my record will improve pretty dramatically soon.

bsox0407
03-11-2011, 11:36 AM
Yeah dude. The Yankees line up was all kinds of messed up when I played them. They had Tex and Gardner on the DL. My bullpen shit the bed the first game, so I lost that, then I hammered Freddy Garcia the 2nd game, then Andrew Brackman threw the 3rd game and I think I had RISP every inning and could only muster 2 runs, and lost 4-2.

Took 2/3 from the Rays, though. Beat Price and Shields, lost to Niemman. Currently I'm sitting on a 7-5 record. I didn't play many ST games, and I'm using the analog controls for pitching and hitting, buttons for fielding, so I'm still in my learning curve, but I'm definitely able to work the count a hell of a lot better now than on Opening Day, so I'm sure my record will improve pretty dramatically soon.

The Yankees had Hughes in game one they have set up as Garcia and Brackman up next. But what i found funny when Lowrie hit Cj. Wilson in the head with a batted ball all he got was a bruised eye out for 1-6 days. I am 7-0 cause i am beastly. I dont do online though. Texas in game one was bad cause by the 6th Lester was over 100 pitches and it was 4-4 going into the top of the 7th. That finished as a 8-6 win. It was 8-4 going into the 9th but I put in the Wake who shit the bed. So Paps came on and got the final out with the bases loaded. Game two was a 8-5 Win. Paps got another save. Then game three was a blow out 15-6. I am doing Button but it is hard since i have no meter just a vibration and still learning that. hitting is harder since you get more swing throughs even if you are perfect timing. Oritz is really slow out of the gate which is okay but he did get 2 HRS in the first game of NY. and A-gon got his first HR in that game. Crawford hit a single up the middle then A-gon Put one over the Monster. A-gon was 4-4. Even Salty is doing okay. he is batting just under .300 and has a few RBIs and a pair of HRS.

boston22407
03-11-2011, 03:11 PM
My Be a Pro Thur 37 Games - SS AA Seadogs
AB-152
H-46
2B-17
3B-11
HR-2
RBI-22
R-25
TB-91
BB-4
SO-29
AVG-.303
SB-9
CS-9

I just got called up to Big club with the redsox im in mid july

boston22407
03-11-2011, 03:28 PM
1st baseball game vs O's
3-6 1R 2-2B they but my ass in RF

SoxFanForsyth
03-11-2011, 04:21 PM
Currently sitting at 9-6, 2nd place in the AL East by 0.5 games behind the Rays.

Ellsbury - .460 BA,10 R, 9 2B, 1 3B, 0 HR, 8 RBI, 12 SB, 1.088 OPS

Pedroia - .246 BA, 8 R, 3 2B, 0 3B, 3 HR, 7 RBI, 1 SB, .695 OPS

Crawford - .328 BA, 14 R, 5 2B, 0 3B, 5 HR, 14 RBI, 7 SB, .999 OPS

Gonzo - .323 BA, 9 R, 6 2B, 0 3B, 6 HR, 12 RBI, 1.064 OPS

Youk - .241 BA, 7 R, 3 2B, 3 HR, 10 RBI, .751 OPS

Ortiz - .259 BA, 6 R, 4 2B, 0 3B, 4 HR, 7 RBI, .815 OPS

Drew - .289 BA, 8 R, 2 2B, 0 3B, 3 HR, 5 RBI, .822 OPS

:thumbsup: Salty - .333 BA, 9 R, 9 2B, 1 HR, 7 RBI, .933 OPS :thumbsup:

Scut - .295 BA, 6 R, 5 2B, 2 HR, 6 RBI, 1 SB, .841 OPS.

Team BA is .300, Team OPS is .828.

Salty is absolutely tearing it up.

RedSoxfanforlife305
03-11-2011, 04:26 PM
Damn, Ellsbury is doing workkk. What's Salty's rating in the game? You sure are hooked on the game haha.(not saying it's a bad thing, if I had it I'd do the same)

SoxFanForsyth
03-11-2011, 07:38 PM
I don't know what his rating is because they have the bars and not like a numerical point value, but the dude is absolutely raking through 15 games. All that guy does is hit doubles, and as for ellsbury, I dont know what to say. He's on fire and swiping bags like crazy

Dipre
03-11-2011, 10:05 PM
After three days of running all over the place to get my copy (they were sold out pretty much everywhere) i finally found one at a Gamestop. Updating my PS3 to play it right now.

RedSoxfanforlife305
03-11-2011, 10:59 PM
After three days of running all over the place to get my copy (they were sold out pretty much everywhere) i finally found one at a Gamestop. Updating my PS3 to play it right now.

Practice boy ;)

boston22407
03-11-2011, 11:49 PM

nice to hear

boston22407
03-11-2011, 11:57 PM
Damn this dude on 2k11 did all the redsox prospects from aaa to a .im about to play some games tonight and post stats and shit tomorrow or in a little bit

SoxFanForsyth
03-12-2011, 10:42 AM

Yeah I had to get my copy at Gamestop as well. I traded in a few games for it, ended up paying $7 after trade in. You're going to be addicted.

SoxFanForsyth
03-12-2011, 10:43 AM
Practice boy ;)

You're the only one that needs to practice. I can't wait to take you deep with marco scutaro.

RedSoxfanforlife305
03-12-2011, 10:45 AM
I have..just not with 11 the show. It sounds like you're good on offense which is good because when it comes to pitching I'm absolutely fiiiilthy. Offense I need to work on. I can never finish what I start. In other words always fail with RISP.

Woah, easy now you're not taking me deep for two reasons. I'm not gonna let you do that and I call dibs on the Red Sox :D

RedSoxfanforlife305
03-12-2011, 10:49 AM
Yeah I had to get my copy at Gamestop as well. I traded in a few games for it, ended up paying $7 after trade in. You're going to be addicted.

How many games you trade 26475655217? Gamestop rips me off. How much you think I can get for Black Ops? That game is trash I wouldn't mind trading that game.

italstallianion
03-12-2011, 12:07 PM
I usually don't trade in games, but I do purchase a lot of cheap used games. I remember walking into a Game Stop (or some equivalent) with $40 and buying 7-8 older sports PS2 games.

Flynnatic10
03-12-2011, 12:09 PM
You're the only one that needs to practice. I can't wait to take you deep with marco scutaro.

I can take everyone deep with Julio Lugo.

italstallianion
03-12-2011, 12:10 PM

That sounds so gay lol.

Palodios
03-12-2011, 12:13 PM
How many games you trade 26475655217? Gamestop rips me off. How much you think I can get for Black Ops? That game is trash I wouldn't mind trading that game.

Probably $15 for black ops, give or take. Trading-in games is such a massive rip-off. Why don't you just sell it on amazon, you'll get 3x what Gamestop pays you.

RedSoxfanforlife305
03-12-2011, 12:13 PM
Don't I need like a pay pal account and all that?

RedSoxfanforlife305
03-12-2011, 12:16 PM
That sounds so gay lol.

Only you lmao.

Flynnatic10
03-12-2011, 12:17 PM
Don't I need like a pay pal account and all that?

You need a credit card or a debit card.

boston22407
03-12-2011, 03:03 PM
Probably $15 for black ops, give or take. Trading-in games is such a massive rip-off. Why don't you just sell it on amazon, you'll get 3x what Gamestop pays you.

$40 here

italstallianion
03-12-2011, 03:07 PM
Only you lmao.

Oh come on. Like I'm the only one that noticed that Forsyth wanted to have a 3 way with you and Marco Scutaro.

SoxFanForsyth
03-12-2011, 05:30 PM

Traded in 4 games. Madden 2010 for Wii, Mario Galaxy for Wii, Black Ops, and Assassians Creed (the 2nd one). They gave me $28 in store credits for Black Ops.

SoxFanForsyth
03-12-2011, 05:32 PM
Oh please. I'm pretty sure all sports lingo sounds gay. Especially football. I can't count how many times I've heard an announcer say "He's going to sit out this play, get a quick blow, and be in the next play"

bsox0407
03-12-2011, 05:48 PM
Oh please. I'm pretty sure all sports lingo sounds gay. Especially football. I can't count how many times I've heard an announcer say "He's going to sit out this play, get a quick blow, and be in the next play"

Not as bad as that show in ALaska with the gold rush, with the GLory Hole. ahah. The narrator guy says The Guy has to get deep into the Glory Hole. lmao.

RedSoxfanforlife305
03-12-2011, 06:34 PM
Traded in 4 games. Madden 2010 for Wii, Mario Galaxy for Wii, Black Ops, and Assassians Creed (the 2nd one). They gave me $28 in store credits for Black Ops.

Nice I have 15 bucks on me and I'll consider trading Madden 2010 and Black Ops for ps3. Maybe my mom can put down the rest. Gonna go to work with with her tomorrow and see if that changes her mind.

boston22407
03-13-2011, 10:25 PM
My Be a Pro Thur 20 Games - RF/SS Redsox
AB-84
H-20
2B-8
3B-1
HR-3
RBI-15
R-7
TB-50
BB-1
SO-14
AVG-.369
SB-8
CS-9

few games back i had a walk-off hit off mariano rivera :)

Palodios
03-13-2011, 10:47 PM
$40 here

Really? Gamestop's trade-in lists usually don't go above $20 for anything unless its popular AND a week old.

SoxFanForsyth
03-15-2011, 10:17 AM
Well. I've finally figured out that you can't throw what the catcher calls in this game. Took me about 18 games of out-slugging teams to figure it out, but now I get it. I was getting so frustrated.

"Oh, ok Salty, you think a 4 seamer belt high, middle in is a good 0-2 pitch?"

"Wait. What do you mean Beckett is out for 2-3 weeks with whiplash?!?"

Unreal. Anyway, now that I've figured that out, I've thrown a couple shut outs, including a 1 hitter with DiceK against the Angels, and I'm 13-7 right now. I may pump it up to All Star, but I really really like hitting .340+ with Ells Craw and Gonzo.

It's April 23rd (20 games in), and Gonzo is hitting .348 with 10 bombs with 23 RBI's already. Please, Please, PLEASE let him replicate this in real life.

RedSoxfanforlife305
03-15-2011, 10:27 AM
I congradulate you. I'm currently overdosing on the demo and I can't hit to save my life with the Rangers or Giants.

boston22407
03-15-2011, 01:10 PM
man i cant wait to show yall my stats in a couple games

DirtDog
03-15-2011, 03:33 PM
Anyone play online? My offense is starting to pick up. For a while I couldn't get more than 3 or 4 hits a game. Last night it really started clicking. I hit a homerun with Cole freaking Hamels. I have the replay saved on my hard drive. I've taken a no-hitter into the 8th with Josh Beckett twice. He's still pretty filthy in the game he has an amazing repetoire.

My current record is 12-7
2.79 ERA
.241 BA
.500 Slg

bsox0407
03-15-2011, 04:23 PM
I just started a RTTS with a Pitcher with the Red Sox. Started off in AA ball of course. But i was 13-2 with a sub 2 ERA. 99Ks when they called me up to AAA. My two AA loses were all on unearned runs. My first was a reliever a flyout to Reddick in Left and he booted it and the guy got to second and the next pitch was a single up the middle. The Second was 4 unearned runs when with two out the First Basemen let the ball through his legs. and then the next few got on and then a HR came after the few hits to get in 4. The AA team cant save runs to save their lives.

I love the new grading system for the points in the game.

Has anyone done a closer yet??

boston22407
03-15-2011, 07:37 PM
Anyone play online? My offense is starting to pick up. For a while I couldn't get more than 3 or 4 hits a game. Last night it really started clicking. I hit a homerun with Cole freaking Hamels. I have the replay saved on my hard drive. I've taken a no-hitter into the 8th with Josh Beckett twice. He's still pretty filthy in the game he has an amazing repetoire.

My current record is 12-7
2.79 ERA
.241 BA
.500 Slg

i have ,only 2 games both games i have used lester and had great results one game had a perfect game against the reds going in to the 7th but the guy quit and against the Yankees i won 5-3

DirtDog
03-15-2011, 10:11 PM
On a 7 game win streak here. Blowing people out my record is now 16-7 batting average up to .269

Jasonbay44
03-16-2011, 01:16 AM
I know some people mentioned earlier in the thread they had 2k11, for those who have it, is it worth buying? Most my friends don't play baseball games and reviews seem pretty mixed so I'm not sure if I should get it or not.

boston22407
03-16-2011, 01:19 AM
I know some people mentioned earlier in the thread they had 2k11, for those who have it, is it worth buying? Most my friends don't play baseball games and reviews seem pretty mixed so I'm not sure if I should get it or not.

i got it bro its good as shit ,no more home run derby bs anymore .no more of that shit were the Of drop the ball every play .great game it really is

Jasonbay44
03-16-2011, 01:25 AM
i got it bro its good as shit ,no more home run derby bs anymore .no more of that shit were the Of drop the ball every play .great game it really is

Alright cool, how is franchise mode? Its basically all I play and I'm really looking forward to using the Sox. I'm was kind of leaning towards getting it since its my only option if I wanna play an MLB game since I got 360.

My player mode or whatever its called on the baseball version sounds cool too, I loved it on NBA 2k11.

boston22407
03-16-2011, 01:25 AM
y Be a Pro Thur 65 Games - Full time SS Redsox
AB-267
H-111
2B-29
3B-2
HR-28
RBI-76
R-54
TB-228
BB-5
SO-45
AVG-.416
SB-30
CS-17

Killed it this year and killed the Yankees every time i played them!
pretty sure i won rookie of the year over Jennings of the rays ,the regular season over we went 100-62 and walked away with the al-east we won it by over 17 games ! about to start the playoffs vs the twins

boston22407
03-16-2011, 01:27 AM
Alright cool, how is franchise mode? Its basically all I play and I'm really looking forward to using the Sox. I'm was kind of leaning towards getting it since its my only option if I wanna play an MLB game since I got 360.

My player mode or whatever its called on the baseball version sounds cool too, I loved it on NBA 2k11.

when u get it hit me up i got the redsox roster from mlb to a with all the real players ,got it from some dude online it needs some work to it he made some of the redsox top guys too good to start with .franchise mode is fun i really haven't played much but i can say is that it is realistic baseball game from the 360 i have ever played

Jasonbay44
03-16-2011, 01:31 AM
when u get it hit me up i got the redsox roster from mlb to a with all the real players ,got it from some dude online it needs some work to it he made some of the redsox top guys too good to start with .franchise mode is fun i really haven't played much but i can say is that it is realistic baseball game from the 360 i have ever played
Alright cool man, will do. Thats cool, I like having the names of real players instead of the randomly generated names, its so much easier when trading so you don't lose a potential star prospect lol. Do you download it on 2k share I guess before you start a franchise?

boston22407
03-16-2011, 01:33 AM
Alright cool man, will do. Thats cool, I like having the names of real players instead of the randomly generated names, its so much easier when trading so you don't lose a potential star prospect lol. Do you download it on 2k share I guess before you start a franchise?

yep,hit me up when u get it.im pretty sure you have my gt xx lucic 17

Jasonbay44
03-16-2011, 01:37 AM
Yeah I have you on my friends list, thanks for all the info and for when you get me roster. I'm looking forward to playing getting this game, hopefully before opening day. Maybe when I get it we can play against each other some as well, although I usually suck online in baseball games, I was like 3-10 in 2k10 last year and got no hit twice lol.

boston22407
03-16-2011, 01:44 AM
wow my be a pro would go into a slump starting in the playoffs .i am 1-8 :(
but we are up 2 games to 0 on the twins

DirtDog
03-16-2011, 07:35 AM
I played 2K10 last year and was very unimpressed. If you're going to buy a baseball game I'd go with the Show 100% of the time.... unless you have an xBox of course.

SoxFanForsyth
03-16-2011, 08:16 AM
I bought a PS3 specifically for MLB The Show, not because 2k11 was so bad, but more because The Show is so good. Plus you can run MLB.TV through your PS3 and watch the games on your TV and not tie up your computer.

Yesterday, I was in my last game of the 4 game set @LAA, and I had already taken the first 3. My starters were tired, and we had the next day off, so I was going to give them two days off in a row. Gonzo, Crawford, Salty, and Youk all sat out this game.

Lowrie goes yard, puts me up 2-0, and I scratch across another run when Ellsbury walked, stole 2nd, stole 3rd, and scored on a wild pitch, all in 3 consecutive pitches (it was sweet). Buch ended up giving up 3 runs in 6 IP, and the score stayed 3-3.

We go into extra innings, and I have D-Mac DH'ing. He's up 3rd. The first two go in order, and I pinch hit Gonzo for D-Mac. Two pitches later, Gonzo hits his 11th HR of the season to dead center, gives us the lead, and Pap comes in and shuts the door.

I'm 15-7 right now, and leading the AL East (best record in the AL). The Phillies are an unreal 17-5 right now, and have the best record in the MLB. Got the O's for a 3 game set coming up next.

Gonzo is now hitting around .358 with 11 HR and around 25 RBI with about 5 games left in April.

DirtDog
03-16-2011, 09:47 AM
When I get home I'm going to sim the 2011 season a few times, see what happens. The Red Sox are ranked something ridiculous like 1st in hitting, 2nd in pitching, 1st in defense, 1st overall.

boston22407
03-16-2011, 03:29 PM
we just swept the twins 3-0
in games 1 and 2 i sucked but game 3 i went 3-5 with a hr and 2 triples with 3 rbi's

boston22407
03-16-2011, 04:45 PM
we just beat rangers 4-1 in the series
my guy did way better this round
won game 5 in the 7th hit a 3run off brandon webb

boston22407
03-16-2011, 04:45 PM
world series is redsox vs brewers

DirtDog
03-16-2011, 05:49 PM
Simmed the whole 2011 season.

Red Sox 103
Rays 98
Yankees 87
Os 82
Jays 72

MVP Adrian Gonzalez
Cy Young Jon Lester

Red Sox over Dodgers in 7

That's with no input from me whatsoever.

A-Rod missed the entire season after hurting his shoulder in May.

RedSoxfanforlife305
03-16-2011, 05:57 PM
You guys do the full season? Hell no lmao.

DirtDog
03-16-2011, 05:58 PM
I'm going to do this a couple more times

Red Sox 109
Yankees 93
Rays 90
Os 78
Jays 64

MVP Evan Longoria
Cy Young Daisuke Mastuzaka (wtf?)

Other interesting stats:
Robinson Cano wins homerun crown with 46 homers
Johnny Damon leads league in doubles and triples

Red Sox sweep Yankees in ALCS then lose to the Braves in 5 games in the World Series

DirtDog
03-16-2011, 05:59 PM

I'm just simming everything for fun. I'm not playing anything.

DirtDog
03-16-2011, 06:08 PM
Yankees 97
Rays 93
Red Sox 91
Os 83
Jays 70

MVP: Miguel Cabrera .334 46HR 143 RBI
Cy Young: Jeff Neimann (wtf?)

Sox miss playoffs obviously. Got eaten up with injuries like in 2010. Rockies beat the Yankees in the World Series.

DirtDog
03-16-2011, 06:17 PM
Red Sox 100
Yankees 94
Rays 89
Jays 73
Os 68

MVP - Mark Texiera
Cy Young - Brandon Webb

funny stuff:
Clayton Kershaw wins Cy Young AND MVP in NL with 21 wins 2.33 ERA 230 Ks
Alexei Ramirez wins batting crown with .320 average and 450 ABs
Pedroia leads league in doubles and A-gon is homerun king

Red Sox lose to the Twins in the first round of the playoffs. Cardinals defeat Yankees in WS

DirtDog
03-16-2011, 06:27 PM
Last one

Red Sox 93
Yankees 89
Rays 84
Os 79
Jays 66

MVP Miguel Cabrera
Cy Young Daisuke Mastuzaka (wtf again?)

Pedroia wins batting crown
Crawford leads league in steals
NL MVP Pujols .350BA 55HR 152 RBIs (holy f___)

Red Sox 0-2 hole to Tigers in division series and come back
Red Sox 1-3 hole to Yankees in ALCS and come back
Red Sox 2-3 hole to Cardinals in WS and come back

What we learned.

Red Sox win the division 4 out of 5 times.
Red Sox win World Series 2 out of 5 times. (Yankees 0)
Adrian Gonzalez will have a monster year
Dice-K will surprise a lot of people apparently

RedSoxfanforlife305
03-16-2011, 06:36 PM
At least the Phillies didn't win either. I don't dislike them but people think a great rotation guarantees a WS title. I can name a better rotation that has failed to do so.

boston22407
03-16-2011, 06:55 PM

i do

RedSoxfanforlife305
03-16-2011, 07:26 PM
It takes me like 30 min to get through one game. It would take a while to finish a full season lmao.

DirtDog
03-16-2011, 07:50 PM
I pitched a no hitter online (Felix Hernandez). 20 Ks. Would have been a perfect game had the catcher not dropped a third strike and allowed a runner to reach.

Palodios
03-16-2011, 08:40 PM
How quickly did it take for someone to claim that prize anyway?

DirtDog
03-16-2011, 09:13 PM
How quickly did it take for someone to claim that prize anyway?

Thats for the 2K series.

Last year someone won it within first hour or two, I'd expect it happened the same this year. They don't announce if it happened for a while so people still think they have a shot at the money and go out and buy the game.

DirtDog
03-16-2011, 09:23 PM
The stipulations are weird too. You have to capture it on video in a special game mode with all the lights out in your apparent under 6 blankets on a blue moon while eating a box of triscuits.

Coco's Disciples
03-16-2011, 09:34 PM
The stipulations are weird too. You have to capture it on video in a special game mode with all the lights out in your apparent under 6 blankets on a blue moon while eating a box of triscuits.

:lol: The triscuits always get me.

Reading this thread has gotten me excited to play this game over the summer.

Palodios
03-16-2011, 10:02 PM
That's funny, because 90% of the time I'm playing video games, I'm eating triscuits. And that's actually a fairly accurate statistic.

RedSoxfanforlife305
03-17-2011, 05:28 PM
Finally got it! I heard there is a 2 on 2 online and I'd like to try this out once I get used to the game. I already have you on ps3 Dipre, Bsox, and B22407.

If if you guys want to add me dirtdog or Forsyth my psn is mikerunsda305.

boston22407
03-17-2011, 05:33 PM
in be a pro we won the world series 4 games to 1.
fuckin redsox did not resign a-gon

RedSoxfanforlife305
03-17-2011, 07:49 PM
Love how I can edit anything in this game. I have the following setup. Thoughts?

Pregame - Power by Kanye West
Team Wins - All I do is win by DJ Khaled or Kool & the Gang "Celebrate"
8th inning - Sweet Caroline(red sox tradition)
Reliever entry - Welcome to the jungle
Home run - Zombie Nation(sports chant) I'm sure many of you hockey fans heard this already.

boston22407
03-17-2011, 07:52 PM
Love how I can edit anything in this game. I have the following setup. Thoughts?

Home run - Zombie Nation(sports chant) I'm sure many of you hockey fans heard this already.

sexy shit :thumbsup:

suns
03-17-2011, 09:05 PM
Damn, I really need to get this game

bsox0407
03-17-2011, 09:25 PM

If you could Do One for the other team putting in a reliever I would play WHO ARE YOU.
Wins I would Go Dirty Water and Tessie.

boston22407
03-17-2011, 09:50 PM
what lineups yall use?

bsox0407
03-17-2011, 09:53 PM
Ells
Petey
CC
A-GOn
Youk
Papi
Salty-Cause he is hitting .330
Drew-Tearing the cover off the ball on both Lefties and Righties
Scutaro

yeszir
03-17-2011, 10:01 PM

:lol: But not the low fat kind right?

RedSoxfanforlife305
03-18-2011, 12:03 AM
First game of the season against Seattle. Felix had me in check but eventually I got to him and they called there bullpen. Bad mistake because I wrecked them and bad. Which is a surprise because I suck ass at hitting.

Emmz
03-18-2011, 12:08 AM
Lol Seattle's-Everything-But-Felix.

boston22407
03-18-2011, 12:08 AM
First game of the season against Seattle. Felix had me in check but eventually I got to him and they called there bullpen. Bad mistake because I wrecked them and bad. Which is a surprise because I suck ass at hitting.

RedSoxfanforlife305
03-18-2011, 12:12 AM
Right now?

boston22407
03-18-2011, 12:18 AM
naw i was asking if you play the Seattle game vs someone online

RedSoxfanforlife305
03-18-2011, 12:22 AM
Oh nah. I'm doing the season atm. I'll probably end up doing RTTS tomorrow either SS or RP idk yet. I'd get my ass whooped online. I can't hit to save my life. Pitching is the only thing that keeps me in the game.

SoxFanForsyth
03-18-2011, 07:09 AM
I need to figure out how to upload music to my PS3 and turn it into my intro music/8th inning music/etc. How do you do that, RSFFL? Or do you know of a website that has a tutorial on how to do it so you don't have to type it all out?

RedSoxfanforlife305
03-18-2011, 07:24 AM
I'll type it out it's not so long. You have to have music on the ps3 in order to do it. Go to sounds of the game and it should say edit team. You click on the red sox and you can pretty much have a song for everything(every inning, pregame, walkup, HR, reliever entrance etc) I love using my bullpen so I can hear welcome to the jungle :lol: Anyways if you want a song to start at a certain point(I suggest this) then you have to click something(can't remember atm) but it's somewhere under sounds of the game you'll find.

To upload music you can do it two ways. Download it straight from your ps3 or if you have music on your computer save it to a usb and copy it to your ps3. If it's still confusing to you an need help ask away.

RedSoxfanforlife305
03-18-2011, 07:27 AM
What's also neat about having music is you can listen to it while playing the game. Most games don't have this. That's one thing ps3 mess up on because on xbox you could always listen to music.

I was listening to the whole Kanye album as I was playing the Mariners. Eventually the commentary gets boring and just want to listen to some music while you play. This isn't new however this has been a feature since 09.

boston22407
03-18-2011, 11:44 AM
i start a franchise thru 2 games and the spring training which i sim thru.
Dice-K hurt and so is Beckett

DirtDog
03-18-2011, 11:48 AM
Haha this is what I had set up for some of the songs.

Pregame - John Fogerty - Centerfield (put me in coach)
Team Wins - We Are The Champions
8th inning - Sweet Caroline
Reliever entry - Wild Thing

RedSoxfanforlife305
03-18-2011, 12:34 PM
I think everyone should have sweet caroline as the 8th inning. Just like real life. I need a new team win song though any suggestions? Preferably modern rock or hip hop. I hate DJ Khaled and I don't even know why I thought of that song I hate it. It goes perfect though.

Kanye West "power" is pretty nice for pregame. I timed the kenkraft 400(sports chant) song perfectly so I'm determined to hit more homeruns "Ohhhhhhohh ohhhhohhohohhohhohhh" lol. Then the welcome to the jungle makes you look like a bad ass walking to the mound. If anyone else has edited team music post what you have in this thread.

DirtDog
03-18-2011, 01:33 PM
Centerfield just works perfectly pre-game. I'm pretty sure they play it a lot at Fenway to begin with.

RedSoxfanforlife305
03-18-2011, 01:39 PM
Nah, I like my pregame song. It's the team win song I have to work on.

boston22407
03-18-2011, 07:37 PM
are u fucking kidding my now clay is hurt

RedSoxfanforlife305
03-19-2011, 12:31 AM
I ended up doing a SP for RTTS. I must say it's pretty awesome. Straight up dominating in AA.

bsox0407
03-19-2011, 01:04 AM
I ended up doing a SP for RTTS. I must say it's pretty awesome. Straight up dominating in AA.

I started one with the Sox but was traded with JD Drew to the Nats for Werth. I was in AAA at the time since i am boss. But Wen the trade happened they had me AAA for one start then into the majors. I am a number 2 starter right behind Strasburg.

I love the new grading system. So much better than the other way. and you can rack up more points.

RedSoxfanforlife305
03-19-2011, 01:10 AM
Sweet. I just started so I can't claim I'm beast yet lol. We'll see once I get to the majors. What are your stats?

Oh and they have my first and last name so I feel cool when the announcer says my name lol. "Now here comes Michael Grace" So beast. They have me as a reliever right now. I've pitched like 5 innings but already have 7 ks. I haven't allowed a hit or run yet. I know 5 innings isn't much but still lol.

bsox0407
03-19-2011, 01:21 AM
Sweet. I just started so I can't claim I'm beast yet lol. We'll see once I get to the majors. What are your stats?

Oh and they have my first and last name so I feel cool when the announcer says my name lol. "Now here comes Michael Grace" So beast. They have me as a reliever right now. I've pitched like 5 innings but already have 7 ks. I haven't allowed a hit or run yet. I know 5 innings isn't much but still lol.

Was 12-2 in AA with a sub 2 ERA 99Ks. My two losses were off Unearned runs. One was as a reliever. AAA 6-0 with a .65 ERA. The PawSox actually had offense and Defense. Then a 2.35 ERA with the Nats in one start. I gave up a two run blast to Russell Branyan. But our teams bullpen blew the game. I was pitching on No DAYS REST. I pitched a complete game shutout on Sunday they had me pitch on Monday. Was So Pissed off.

RedSoxfanforlife305
03-19-2011, 01:32 AM
Your energy must have been really low lol. I hate pitching on low rest because your control goes wayyy down.

bsox0407
03-19-2011, 01:33 AM
Your energy must have been really low lol. I hate pitching on low rest because your control goes wayyy down.

Yeah i made it deep into the game because i know what happens to my guy when i get tired. Plus they actually let you get into a little trouble in this game.

boston22407
03-19-2011, 02:22 AM
this 2k11 is really starting piss me off<_<

RedSoxfanforlife305
03-19-2011, 02:28 AM
Thank god for the show ;)

SoxFanForsyth
03-19-2011, 10:47 AM
I have the music in my jukebox, but it won't show up when I try to add it for in-game features such as 8th inning, walkoff, etc.

RedSoxfanforlife305
03-19-2011, 01:05 PM
Did you go to edit team under sounds of the game? That's where you put the music for whatever you want.

boston22407
03-19-2011, 01:17 PM
Thank god for the show ;)

its pretty much the same game now to be honest with you.its all this damn injuries to the redsox on the pitching staff

DirtDog
03-19-2011, 02:28 PM
Did you go to edit team under sounds of the game? That's where you put the music for whatever you want. i sent you a ps3 friend request

DirtDog
03-19-2011, 02:32 PM
Dude when you put the songs under sounds of the game and they actually pop up during a game they sound amazing. Especially if you edited it right. Like I edit Mariano to have Enter Sandman playing and Papelbon to have Joan Jett - Wild Thing blasting when they enter the game. The best part about it is the fact it distorts the audio to make it sound as if it's being played on a stadium PA. The realism in this game in unbelievable.

RedSoxfanforlife305
03-19-2011, 02:33 PM
Alright, I'll add you whenever my brother goes to sleep. In other words later tonight haha.

RedSoxfanforlife305
03-19-2011, 02:35 PM
Enter Sandman, that's a beast song for a pitcher haha. I don't think I can put it on my player in RTTS though. There's an option for relievers but not for SP. :(

SoxFanForsyth
03-19-2011, 02:36 PM
Figured it out. Had to add it to "In Game Cues"

DirtDog
03-19-2011, 02:40 PM
It's hysterical when Papelbon comes in the game now. It's the scene straight out of Major League.

RedSoxfanforlife305
03-19-2011, 02:41 PM
My bad Forsyth. I totally forgot about that lol. I was telling you from what I remember.

RedSoxfanforlife305
03-20-2011, 12:08 AM
I can play RTTS all day. Love this thing. Still dominating in AA.

17 GP
4 Wins
0 Losses
0.00 ERA(ftw)
3 Saves
3 Holds
44.1 IP
12 Hits
58 K

Plus this is all in veteran. I feel like I should move up to all star but I'm going to get pounded.

bsox0407
03-20-2011, 12:12 AM
I can play RTTS all day. Love this thing. Still dominating in AA.

17 GP
4 Wins
0 Losses
0.00 ERA(ftw)
3 Saves
3 Holds
44.1 IP
12 Hits
58 K

Plus this is all in veteran. I feel like I should move up to all star but I'm going to get pounded.

What are your pitches?? I carried a FB CUT and Slider.

boston22407
03-20-2011, 12:14 AM
i forgot whats the ratings in that game from easy to hardest ?

RedSoxfanforlife305
03-20-2011, 12:14 AM
FB, CUT, CB.

If you know how to work that CB and has a good break? That's money. If I'm ahead in a 0-2 and throw that baby and no matter what they chase and they miss.

Finally I'm getting my first start!!!

RedSoxfanforlife305
03-20-2011, 12:17 AM
i forgot whats the ratings in that game from easy to hardest ?

Rookie, Veteran, All-Star, Hall of Fame, Legend.

I guess you can say that I'm playing on a easy difficulty but I'll have to reconsider all-star. I want it to be a challenge but not to the point where I'm getting pounded because I'll get frustrated. I usually play all-star in exhibition games because they don't count. Since I'm pitching though and not hitting I should move up right? That's the main reason I didn't play SS because I hate hitting. I suck ass.

bsox0407
03-20-2011, 12:27 AM
FB, CUT, CB.

If you know how to work that CB and has a good break? That's money. If I'm ahead in a 0-2 and throw that baby and no matter what they chase and they miss.

Finally I'm getting my first start!!!

A slide piece is amazing if you can spot it. Lefties hate the inside corner. Rightes hate the outside corner. That is if you are a righty. But i have a Strong FB of 98-100. The cutter is 95. I am a former Catcher and was pretty baseball smart at calling a game so i do well in that aspect.

RedSoxfanforlife305
03-20-2011, 12:33 AM
I might add a slider next. If not a slider than it will be a changeup. Lucky you my FB is between the 90-93 range and my cutter is between 86-88. You've probably been playing longer though.

bsox0407
03-20-2011, 12:48 AM
I might add a slider next. If not a slider than it will be a changeup. Lucky you my FB is between the 90-93 range and my cutter is between 86-88. You've probably been playing longer though.

Im still in Season One. I am just Straight up Beast on RTTS. Which pitching motion do you use that sometimes matters. Like if you use Wake i bet you are not gonna get as much speed. I use Linecum. My slider is 85. I always max out my FB on speed control on cutter and break on slider. But the FB always gets done first so i move to control on FB and Speed on Cutter. I usually dont add a pitch until Spring Training of the next year. Cause when you add a pitch it moves you down in the system.

boston22407
03-20-2011, 03:38 PM
Currently sitting at 4-2, 1st palce in the AL East by 0.5 games over the Rays.

Ellsbury .250 28Ab 7H 0-2b 1-3b 0-Hr 3-RBI 5-Runs 5-SB 0-CS

Crawford .370 27ab 10H 3-2B 2-3b 1-Hr 3-RBI 7-Runs 2SB 2-CS

Pedroia ..444 27ab 12H 2-2B 1-3b 1-hr 8-RBI 6-Runs 2SB 3CS

A-GON .423 27ab 11H 3-2B 2HR 9RBI 8RUNs

Youk .385 26ab 10h 4-2b 1hr 7RBI 5 Runs

Ortiz .292 24Ab 7H 3-2B 3HR 7 Runs

Drew .318 22Ab 7H 4-2B 1 HR 4-Rbi 2 Runs

Salty .190 21Ab 4H 1-2b 1-3b 1Hr 2-Rbi 1Runs

Scuto-.227 22Ab 5H 1-2b 1-3b 1-hr 4-rbi 5-runs 1sb

Team BA is .324, Team OPS is .983 RISP.388

Lester - 2-0 15.0 IP 1.20 ERA

Pap - 2Saves 3.1 Ip 0.00 era 3k

boston22407
03-20-2011, 05:39 PM
i had to put Pedroia on the 15 day DL.i signed christian guzman to replace him till then

RedSoxfanforlife305
03-27-2011, 02:10 PM
LOL words can't explain how bad this game is online. Last time I ever play online.

bsox0407
03-27-2011, 04:20 PM
LOL words can't explain how bad this game is online. Last time I ever play online.

See online sucks. You need to just stick to FPS online.

Jasonbay44
03-27-2011, 10:46 PM
I got 2k11 today, I'm not sure how different road to the show and my player are, but my player for 2k11 is addicting, I can play that mode like all day.

RedSoxfanforlife305
03-28-2011, 02:06 PM
RTTS is super addicting. It's definetely my favorite game mode.

boston22407
03-28-2011, 03:03 PM
I got 2k11 today, I'm not sure how different road to the show and my player are, but my player for 2k11 is addicting, I can play that mode like all day.

keep posting on how you are doing ?what postion you doing?

Jasonbay44
03-28-2011, 05:04 PM
keep posting on how you are doing ?what postion you doing?

SS, I'm hitting .368 with 3 homers and 18 RBI through 20 games, I'm close to completing all the goals the game gives you so hopefully I get called up soon.

I also made a franchise, so far I'm 1-1 playing on all star difficulty. I already have had Lester, Dice-k and Beckett get hurt though, the injuries are getting pretty ridiculous.

I also played my first game online, I was winning 13-1 in 6th inning when the guy quit.

I like the game a lot so far.

boston22407
03-28-2011, 05:09 PM
SS, I'm hitting .368 with 3 homers and 18 RBI through 20 games, I'm close to completing all the goals the game gives you so hopefully I get called up soon.

I also made a franchise, so far I'm 1-1 playing on all star difficulty. I already have had Lester, Dice-k and Beckett get hurt though, the injuries are getting pretty ridiculous.

I also played my first game online, I was winning 13-1 in 6th inning when the guy quit.

I like the game a lot so far.

im am in my 1st full year with the big club .

the franchise mode is fun just so many injuries in it

Jasonbay44
03-28-2011, 08:07 PM
Yeah, the injuries are getting annoying for me lol. The computer is also stupid with the trade offers. I got offered Justin Upton for Crawford, Gonzalez, Lester and Jenks lol.

Anyway I played another game online, Aroldis Chapman is ridiculous in this game, he throws 105 to 108 MPH fast balls, I could not hit him and ended up losing 1-0 in 17 innings.

jopete19
03-29-2011, 10:52 PM
Game is pretty awesome. Picked it up a couple of weeks ago.

RTTS: my player got drafted by the Royals, in AA now. batting around 360. Haven't gotten called up... wanna get up with the Omaha Storm Chasers, just because of the name. ha

Franchise: haven't played much yet. looks pretty cool

Challenge of the week: it is a great idea. but impossible to win at all. People have to cheat to win. hate that part

Announcing: I love Matt Vasgersian so the announcing is good. They talk about the 2010 season not just about the game. which is pretty sweet. Almost feels like a real game.

Analog: I struck out 20 times in the first game I played. Don't like the hitting aspect of it. Had to play a lot to get used to it. Pitching is good though.

thats my take on the game.

DirtDog
03-31-2011, 07:46 PM
Oh man just played the most awesome game of the Show in my life. Playing some guy whos the mets online. Hes throwing with RA Dickey. I cannot touch him. I have 2 hits through 7 innings. Hes cheesing bunting a lot and I'm losing 4-0 going into the eighth.

Ortiz gets the Sox on the board with a solo homer to dead center. He brings in K-Rod in the ninth and the wheels fall off the bus. Ellsbury starts off with a gap double. Pedroia grounds out, runner stays. Crawford growns deep in the hole in third, runner stays, but Crawford beat it out. A-Gon strikes out. Youk then hits a hard sinking liner to center, Beltran can't quite make the play, Ellsbury scores, Crawford holds at third, Youk gets into second. Papi hits a line single to right to score both for the tie, close play at the plate too. JD Drew then hits a walk off job, I win 6-4. Ridiculous game.

Coco's Disciples
03-31-2011, 09:51 PM
http://www.talksox.com/forum/general-off-topic-chat/8426-inspirational-story.html

suns
03-31-2011, 09:52 PM
When I play franchise mode I turn off the injuries

DirtDog
04-01-2011, 11:14 AM
http://www.talksox.com/forum/general-off-topic-chat/8426-inspirational-story.html

My game was more inspirational.

Things that are so realistic about MLB The Show:

-Papi is so clutch late in games.

-JD Drew luls you to sleep then does his thing when on one expects it.

-Whenever JC Romero comes into a ballgame, he immediately hits a batter.

Also, the other day I was like "let me see what I can do online with the NAtionals..." I struck out 23 batters with Livan Hernandez.

SoxFanForsyth
04-01-2011, 11:40 AM
Last night, I played opening day - Lester vs Wilson, made my line up the same as we're having today.

Never done this in my life, but....Lester threw a Perfect Game, and Youk went 4-4 with 3 HR and an RBI Double.

Pretty good omen.

SCM33
04-01-2011, 11:40 AM

haha

msubulldogs21
04-01-2011, 03:26 PM
So I was getting ready to set up my free mlb.tv thing and the code comes on your receipt? Is that right? I had no idea it was on there and don't even have it any more. I wonder if there is any way I can go back to Gamestop and they can issue me another code?

boston22407
04-01-2011, 10:25 PM
im too good at 2k11

Be a Pro Stats thru 33 games SS Season year 2010
Hits-71
Hr-25
Rbi-71
Sb-27

boston22407
04-01-2011, 10:26 PM
and on 20 game hit streak

RedSoxfanforlife305
04-03-2011, 12:25 AM
All 2k11 and The Show users should do this.

Beat the living hell out of the Rangers on the easiest mode. It'll make you feel better.

RedSoxfanforlife305
04-03-2011, 04:22 PM
All 2k11 and The Show users should do this.

Beat the living hell out of the Rangers on the easiest mode. It'll make you feel better.

Repeat.

jopete19
04-04-2011, 08:40 AM
im am in my 1st full year with the big club .

the franchise mode is fun just so many injuries in it

how long did it take you to get to the majors?

boston22407
04-04-2011, 09:34 AM
how long did it take you to get to the majors?

half a season in my first year

jopete19
04-04-2011, 09:46 AM

thats surprising. I got drafted by the royals, it took me about a year to get up to the storm chasers AAA. I batted around .370. 21 home runs.

boston22407
04-04-2011, 10:16 AM
thats surprising. I got drafted by the royals, it took me about a year to get up to the storm chasers AAA. I batted around .370. 21 home runs.

do you have 2k11 and mlb the show?

jopete19
04-04-2011, 01:13 PM
do you have 2k11 and mlb the show?

I have the show. Its amazing. I love how you can switch the camera angles to each broad cast.

Jasonbay44
04-04-2011, 02:43 PM

Yeah, thats how long it took me too.

boston22407
04-04-2011, 02:45 PM
i started a new dynasty with the redsox ,so the roster are good.a-gon hurt for 10 weeks and so is clay.im thinking about taking off injuries

Jasonbay44
04-04-2011, 10:04 PM
Yeah, the injuries in franchise mode are ridiculous. I've had Lester, Wakefield, Dice-k and Pedroia all get hurt through 3 games, then I made another one and simmed spring training and had Youk have a career ending injury, its ridiculous. I decided to make a new franchise or whatever its called and just turn off the injuries.

boston22407
04-04-2011, 10:09 PM
Yeah, the injuries in franchise mode are ridiculous. I've had Lester, Wakefield, Dice-k and Pedroia all get hurt through 3 games, then I made another one and simmed spring training and had Youk have a career ending injury, its ridiculous. I decided to make a new franchise or whatever its called and just turn off the injuries.

im about to do the same a-gon got hurt and clay,

hit me tnite if your on

Jasonbay44
04-06-2011, 05:55 PM
Wow, I had a perfect game through 7 with Jon Lester against some guy online and the guy I was playing quit. That really sucks.

DirtDog
04-08-2011, 12:32 PM
happens all the time. i dont have enough fingers t count how many no-hitters i had squandered in the 6th inning because a guy quit

boston22407
04-08-2011, 12:33 PM
Wow, I had a perfect game through 7 with Jon Lester against some guy online and the guy I was playing quit. That really sucks.

we need to play each other

Jasonbay44
04-08-2011, 12:50 PM
happens all the time. i dont have enough fingers t count how many no-hitters i had squandered in the 6th inning because a guy quit
Yeah, it really sucks, I had another one last night though 7 innings with Edison Volquez of Cincy and the guy quit, it was only a 1-0 game when he quit, too.

we need to play each other

Sure, we can probably play sometime tonight if you want, who gets to use Sox though?

boston22407
04-08-2011, 12:52 PM
Yeah, it really sucks, I had another one last night though 7 innings with Edison Volquez of Cincy and the guy quit, it was only a 1-0 game when he quit, too.

Sure, we can probably play sometime tonight if you want, who gets to use Sox though?
You can use them

bsox0407
04-08-2011, 09:38 PM
Wow Just threw a No-hitter with my RTTS and you dont any points for getting a no-hitter. And my guy was 1 for 4.

italstallianion
04-08-2011, 09:47 PM
Wow Just threw a No-hitter with my RTTS and you dont any points for getting a no-hitter. And my guy was 1 for 4.

Yep, my pitcher has 3 perfect games in RTTS and not a single bonus for any of them. (This was in MLB 10 The Show) In addition, all 3 Perfect Games were on the road, 2 of which vs. the White Sox.

I had also thrown a 4th perfect game, but it wasn't in RTTS mode, it was with Dice-K in Franchise mode, and like the others, it was also on the road.

bsox0407
04-08-2011, 09:55 PM
Mine was on the road in ATL and I am on the Nats. I am the Ace already in the second year. My guy is a beast. This mlb 11. The Fans were cheering at the end though.

boston22407
04-08-2011, 10:05 PM

you on?

Jasonbay44
04-09-2011, 04:33 AM
My bad, my friends invited me to play NBA 2k11 and we ended up playing for a while, ill be on again tomorrow night if you still want to play.

boston22407
04-10-2011, 09:49 PM
Jbay rematch tonight i get redsox ?

Jacoby_Ellsbury
04-10-2011, 09:50 PM
Can't you both have the Red Sox?

boston22407
04-10-2011, 09:52 PM
Can't you both have the Red Sox?

that gets boring