PDA

View Full Version : Random threads.

SCM33
07-30-2012, 04:07 PM
Why are there so many random threads in the main forum????

Why do people create new threads about the same shit over and over??

Use the search feature, most players already have threads dedicated to the individual player/story.

The main forum is cluttered with crap.

Laser Show
07-30-2012, 04:44 PM
It's a bunch of trolls on new accounts that appear to have been regulars at some point

Emmz
07-31-2012, 03:38 AM
Very obvious trollin. Why boxajoe made it this far I have no idea.

Youk Of The Nation
07-31-2012, 04:05 AM
I have been cleaning up his clutter. I hadn't banned him because he seemed harmless and, at least, appeared genuinely interested in baseball. He just needed to realize that not every thought warranted a new thread.

However, I just went a minute ago to see if I could condense any more of his threads and found cause for banning in one of them that I missed the first time around. So, he will not trouble you anymore.

mvp 78
08-26-2012, 09:39 AM
I think the constant thread consolidation has gone overboard the past few days. It's making some conversations impossible to go back to.

Youk Of The Nation
08-26-2012, 01:05 PM
I merged two threads about the same subject this morning. We didn't need two threads dedicated to speculation about whether or not the owners are planning on selling the team.

As far as conversation, the reason it is hard to follow is because the threads have been merged after having already run for a while. It would be much easier to follow if people posted in existing threads instead of creating new ones every time they wanted to say that "Today was a good day for the Sox" or "Where do we go from here?"

There is a "2012 Red Sox" thread and a "2013 Red Sox" thread for discussion, not to mention a thread for anything related to the recent major trade, and threads for other stuff. If there is a separate discussion for every single thought that someone wants to post, you end up with a full page of topics, all with less than 30 or 40 posts, and things get pushed to page 2. Then someone wants to talk about something, doesn't see the thread for it because it is on page 2, and starts yet another thread.

Look long and hard at the first page of the TalkSox forum when you want to say something. If there is a thread already there which covers your topic, add it to that instead of creating a new one.

mvp 78
08-27-2012, 06:16 AM
Great, so there should only be 5 unruly threads that anyone can post in, but will be horrible to follow. Imo, when hugely important things happen like this week, threads should be left alone for a few days, otherwise the conversations get stifled. I understand you're working hard at this, but maybe let things be a little more organic at times. I'd rather deal with a 3-4 page thread than have to get lost in a 30-40 page thread.