PDA

View Full Version : Still we believe

yeszir
04-28-2004, 02:35 PM
So the movie premiered already, and it was supposedly ok, but the sox still lose in the ALCS. :(

Is anyone going to go see it? I plan on it. Not because I don't know what happens, but because I want to see the team in the clubhouse. I want to see Millar and Pedro joking around, and I want to see genuine Red Sox fans' reactions to games over the course of the season. It should be interesting, if not sad, to watch.

dirtdogman5
04-28-2004, 02:52 PM
When I make my trip to Boston in June, I'll definitely be seeing it. I still hope it goes national so some people down here get the feeling of what I went through last October.

skaddam
04-28-2004, 03:47 PM
I don't think I'll see this movie since I know the ending and all. I also heard there's a lot about the curse in it, so I won't be wasting my money on that.

the next gm
04-28-2004, 04:01 PM
i saw it! the movie was fun... i was at the premier with john, larry and sam they sat the row behind me so it was cool. kevin was there then a few old timers like sam horn and luis tiant. it was weird going to it though cuz i had to walk down the red carpret like everyone else and i never had so many camera's in my face before.

yeszir
04-28-2004, 04:03 PM
Wow, awesome! How'd you manage to get tickets to the premiere?

BoSoxGuru
04-28-2004, 04:05 PM
I just want to get this straight: it opened up in Boston, and at a later date (I heard May 7th) it goes into New England theatres? Well, I'm definently going to go see it. I want to see what the guys acted in the clubhouse and stuff.

skaddam
04-28-2004, 04:20 PM
I heard that it's opening in some theatres in Mass on May 7th and then the rest of New England on May 21st.

TheFens
04-28-2004, 05:26 PM
Ooo, Bosoxguru, I'm impressed that you got into the premiere. I, like most of us peeons, will have to wait for the Massachusetts date of May 7th to see it. Where was the premiere? I just went on the assumption that it was at Boston Common theater, I dont know why though.

Anyway, glad you liked it. I cant wait to see it, despite what happens at the end. I'm sure the behinds the scene stuff will be great.

yagmaster
04-28-2004, 09:46 PM
I went to see it hoping it would have a happy ending :( O well, let's hope a better movie comes out next year.

jarjar
04-28-2004, 11:18 PM
We all went to see Titanic and we all knew the ending....

This years' ship will come into a different port. :P

I've been saving newspaper clippings on their success since game 1, uh, I mean game 2.

Especially the NY Times coverage on the 6 out of 7 slide. :D

It's doing an album for my poor long- suffering father, gifted to him after the final out this year.

I placed MY OWN CURSE on the Yanks after the 20th century ended. Since they'd proclaimed themselves "THE 20TH CENTURY'S TEAM", I decided they are going to be doomed to post-season HELL in the 21ST CENTURY.. THE century where they will constantly lose in the regular/post season for 86 years.
So Far- LOSS TO THE DBACKS, LOSS TO THE ANGELS,LOSS TO THE MARLINS...
I am 3 for 3... :lol:

That gives them their next series in 2086.

Maybe this will be forwarded and catch on ......

yeszir
04-29-2004, 06:18 AM
Haha, send this to 8 people within the next 10 seconds or else you will be cursed for eternity and the yankees will win the world series.

youkilis rules
04-29-2004, 04:25 PM
i heard that when the DVD comes out there will be multiple endings. you can choose for the red sox to win at the end.

roary
04-29-2004, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by youkilis rules@Apr 29 2004, 05:25 PM
i heard that when the DVD comes out there will be multiple endings. you can choose for the red sox to win at the end.
Lol. I'm surprised I haven't seen anyone mention that yet. :D

Anyway, I'll definitely be seeing it close to official launch date. Game 7 doesnt scare me enough to take away from a great season. I'll enjoy it up to that part, thats for sure.

yawkeyway
05-03-2004, 06:15 PM
4 days until the release date. Does anyone plan on seeing it on the 7th? I'll most likely end up seeing it whenever I get a chance.

Is it playing all over or just at specific theaters?

RedSox24
05-03-2004, 07:44 PM
A family friend of mine owns the company that produced this movie and my dad is maybe gonna help the friend out and work for him so the friend is sending us a free DVD copy oif the movie!!!

Benny9Sox7
05-03-2004, 09:47 PM
ill be surely seeing this movie but im boycotting the end.... too much pain