PDA

View Full Version : April 28th vs Tampa Bay

TheFens
04-28-2004, 05:19 PM
We finally get to face the D-Rays after last night's postponement. Schilling gets the start against Abbott. Should be an easy victory, or at least I hope so. :D

I wonder how many innings schilling will go, or how many he'll want to go. Do you think he still has that complete game mentality after last week's fiasco? In any case, it should be fun to see him mow down those devil ray hitters.

yeszir
04-28-2004, 05:33 PM
Damn, you beat me to starting the thread. :D

Anyway. Finally, the long awaited first meeting between the sox and drays. I don't think Pokey will be playing do to a fever that he had (over 100 degree fever yesterday, he wouldn't have played then anyway). It should be sufficiently fun to watch though. Hopefully nothing goes wrong.

Tek04
04-28-2004, 06:31 PM
Schilling looking decent, got out of a jam in the first because of the silly little hits by baldelli and huff (i think) and abbott went 1,2,3 in the first

yagmaster
04-28-2004, 07:38 PM
Great game so far for Sox, nice to see Tek hit one out.

yeszir
04-28-2004, 08:02 PM
I've been out for the past 2 hours, and I just got back to see the game. I'm glad to see that curt's been pitching well, 7ips 0 er 5h 8k's! Impressive stuff, even if it is against the Devil Rays.

But I'm a little worried about our offense. Only 2 runs in 7 innings from what should have been one of the highest scoring teams in baseball at this point? Come on guys, you arent facing the greatest pitching staff in the world here. I think this may give us some trouble in the future unless we turn it around. 'Course, trot and nomar coming back would help as well.

yawkeyway
04-28-2004, 08:07 PM
Unfortunately the yankees are winning as well, so we most likely wont have a chance to extend our lead over them. Oh well. How does the sox sweeping two series in a row sound? I like it.

Schilling is pitching extremely well. I just hope he doesnt go too long, we saw what happened last time that happened. Hand it over to the bullpen soon tito, 24+ scoreless can't be wrong.

yawkeyway
04-28-2004, 08:12 PM
Nice, Varitek having a breakout game. Another RBI for him. But doesnt it always seem that ortiz is always on second when someone hits a single, and he can never score and always ends up being held because he's so slow? It just seems that way to me.

TheFens
04-28-2004, 08:18 PM
Come on, we need to capitalize, bases loaded. Its something we havent done all season and we need to get out of the funk!

TheFens
04-28-2004, 08:19 PM
Finally. Just as soon as I post bellhorn got the single scoring 2. Thats his first hit from the right side. Again, finally. We're finally starting to capitalize with RISP. I hope we keep it up from now on, sheesh.

yeszir
04-28-2004, 08:26 PM
Good, they just brought in the 24 2/3 scoreless crew. We didnt want another Grady-esque thing happening. :angry:

roary
04-28-2004, 08:43 PM
Wow, its also 23 (almost) innings of scoreless baseball by the ENTIRE pitching staff. Thats 23 innings in which no run has been given up by the sox. Impressive if you ask me, considering the weakness of the pitching staff behind pedro used to be what everyone talked about when they talkedsox.

yeszir
04-28-2004, 08:45 PM
Yay, 6-0! Schilling gets his third win. Good game, good game. Now we need 2 more for another sweep.

dirtdogman5
04-28-2004, 09:02 PM
Didn't see any of the game but nice to see an easy win. Schilling (from the box score) seemed dominantand the offense looked good. Let's play two, and win two tomorrow!

DuffyCliff
04-29-2004, 12:15 AM
SCHUTOUT

That is what it reads on the front page of BDD. That is exactly what it was.

In perhaps his best start yet as a Red Sox pitcher, Schilling went 7 1/3 innings, allowing just 5 hits, no runs and 8 K's, including three in the 7th inning. His fastball was hitting as high as 97 mph on the gun and his splitter was WORKING to say the least. No doubt that Big C could've, would've and should have gone 9 tonight. The crowd was feeling it after he struck out the side in the 7th and started to really crank it up a notch.

These are very good times in the RSN... I personally don't care if it is April or not. These games mean just as much as a game in September, it only gives us a head start on the race.

DONT THE MFY'S WISH THEY HAD HIM...

http://www.bostondirtdogs.com/2004/CS_4.28.jpg

yawkeyway
04-29-2004, 06:26 AM
Right, these games count the same as games in late september. A win is a win is a win if its against the D-Rays in april or the yankees in september. Its all the same in the standings. :D