PDA

View Full Version : Any update on Nomar/Trot?

ACL BoSox
04-30-2004, 06:38 AM
I'm still waiting for them to come off the DL. They will greatly improve an offense which has holes that need to be filled. Don't get me wrong, Cesar Crespo is a great prospect but he's no Nomar. Once the Sox get Trot and Nomar back expect big trouble for the rest of the league. :)

yagmaster
04-30-2004, 08:08 AM
I agree completely, bosox. When Nixon comes back, that will make us even tougher against right-handed pitchers, as he is amazing against them. And then when Nomar returns, that takes the weak bat of Reese out of the starting lineup (if Bellhorn stays at second as I think he should), and replaces Reese with one of the best hitters in the league...in a contract year too!

yeszir
04-30-2004, 05:10 PM
First off, for yagmaster: When these two come back, I'd rather see Pokey at second. Think about it, do we really need that little bit of offense gained by having Bellhorn over Reese. We'll have both Trot AND nomar back, and our offense is starting to turn things around. I'd rather have Pokey's glove out there to turn those double plays than Bellhorn's frequent walks.

And, ACL Bosox, as for their returns heres what I know: Trot's been facing live pitching and says he feels fine. He should return soon. Im not sure about the exact date, but itll be soon enough. And nomar is worse off. I've heard as late as mid june for his return, but I'm hoping sooner. Much sooner.

Zenny
04-30-2004, 08:10 PM
Well, Crespo isn't really a prospect, but that's off-topic.

Trot should be back sometime next week at the earliest, two more weeks at the most. Nomar, on the other hand, is reportedly looking at more of a June 1 timetable as reported on FSNE a couple of hours ago. So, we'll see Kapler and McCarty out of the lineup, but the Reese-Bellhorn middle-infield will be intact for another month or so.

yawkeyway
05-01-2004, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by Zenny@Apr 30 2004, 08:10 PM
Well, Crespo isn't really a prospect, but that's off-topic.

Trot should be back sometime next week at the earliest, two more weeks at the most. Nomar, on the other hand, is reportedly looking at more of a June 1 timetable as reported on FSNE a couple of hours ago. So, we'll see Kapler and McCarty out of the lineup, but the Reese-Bellhorn middle-infield will be intact for another month or so.
I hate Crespo. He's the most automatic out I've ever seen. But thats offtopic I guess.

I cant complain if the Bellhorn and Reese infield stays intact a little longer. They turn a mean double play (especially pokey). It's not like the sox are struggling for lack of offense, but if they were, I'd probably be less happy about Pokey playing. But since we dont need runs desperately, I'll take the defense.

BoSoxGuru
05-02-2004, 12:27 PM
Nixon: 9-13 days
Nomar: June

yeszir
05-02-2004, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by BoSoxGuru@May 2 2004, 01:27 PM
Nixon: 9-13 days
Nomar: June
With authority! The definitive answer.