PDA

View Full Version : Trades

youkilis rules
01-06-2005, 10:54 PM
I really think this is a mistake not to let teams trade newly signed FAs. This is the first offseason for a lot of members of this league. I'm very much in the dark as to who I will sign and what I will end up with and what my team needs will be. I really t hink it is unfair on the owners to ban trades.

PEDROaMET
01-06-2005, 11:23 PM
it makes it realistic and less crazy, i like it

Gertie
01-06-2005, 11:38 PM
I agree that it's a mistake. I have no idea who I'm going to be signing right now, and I might have huge gaps to fill. Maybe there should be a limit on salary of tradees; I don't know. But to fill holes, chances are decent I might need to trade for some crappy RP or something someone just signed.

ACL BoSox
01-07-2005, 01:46 AM
When was the last time you saw a team sign a FA and then turn around and trade him? Right, there are certain rules regarding free agent signings, I'm trying my darndest to stick by them. I just don't want people buying out all these free agents, and then trading them to get everything they want.

Yanks in 05
01-07-2005, 01:52 AM
Exactly, say I have Chavez but I wanan sign Beltre so I can trade him right away for sumtin. That is totally unfair.

AKA Problem Child
01-07-2005, 07:31 AM
Abide by rules and deal with it. It doesn't matter if this is "the first offseason for some of you". You go by how the MLB does it. IF you don't actually want the player, then don't offer for him. With FA, fill in the spots you need filled in instead of get a guy you don't need then tradin him.

Bonds*
01-07-2005, 04:06 PM
The rules in MLB are: You cannot trade a newly signed free agent until after the amateur draft.

ang2124
01-16-2005, 04:38 PM
Who cares cant you just wait untill the draft have patience and ACL was right what major league team would sign some1 like carlos betran and the mets just trade him nooo thats not how it goes