PDA

View Full Version : Ty Law done for the season!

BoSox Rule
01-07-2005, 04:37 PM
ESPN Radio reports Ty Law has been placed on injured reserve with his foot injury, ending his season.
All of New England feels like they were just punched in the gut. First guess, we expect Randall Gay to start opposite Asante Samuel in the playoffs. Troy Brown will get plenty of time covering the slot, with Eugene Wilson moving to cornerback occasionally, and Don Davis moving to safety. If Belichick pulls this off, they should induct him to the Hall of Fame the day after the Super Bowl. Jan. 7 - 4:06 pm et

YanksHater213
01-07-2005, 05:53 PM
Shit. Its not like we havent been winning with Gay and Samuel though.

stevece80
01-07-2005, 05:56 PM
Winning against Manning without Law? Face it, the team can't make as much contact in the secondary as they got away with last season, it's going to be a tough time against the Colts' receivers. The Patriots better hope for a snow storm to level the playing field a bit, or it could get ugly without Law.

stocker323
01-07-2005, 05:56 PM
As I said to you before, we haven't been facing any real good QB's as of late. When we have to go up against Peyton, we may be in trouble.

YanksHater213
01-07-2005, 05:59 PM
If our offense keeps playing the way they have the impact of this wont be as hard felt either. I still think we are capable of beating anyone in the NFL with the team we have. Especially with the best coach in the NFL.

Yanksin2010
01-07-2005, 06:05 PM
Pats are pretty much done.

Shadow29
01-07-2005, 06:07 PM
Patroits are a good team, thats a fact, but with this injury and countless others you cant expect them to beat tghe great offensive and efensive teams. They lost he the Dolphins Defense and just as well may lose to the OClts Offense or Broncos Defense. Let alone a win here will still be hard vs. the All-round good Steelers or Chargers. Finally if they amke teh Super Bowl, which i doubt, they will be facing a good offensive teram adn good QB on any team tehy face, whetehr it be Favre, mcNabb, Vick, Culpepper or one of the otehrs. I guess its an every other year ordeal with the PAts it seems.

YanksHater213
01-07-2005, 06:07 PM
Heh, funny how they won the 2001 and 2003 Super Bowls with worse teams than they have now. The last two they had no RB. With the best coach in the NFL we are far from done.

BoSox Rule
01-07-2005, 06:08 PM
We're still going win the Super Bowl.

YanksHater213
01-07-2005, 06:11 PM
I love how everyone is jumping off the bandwagon. We are 28-4 in the last two seasons. Show a little respect. Remember last year or 2001, I forget which, but the first 9 weeks, we had a total of 9 people injured for the first 9 weeks and still won the Super Bowl. This injury will not help us, but with Dillon, we are able to CONTROL THE CLOCK and KEEP THE DEFENSE OFF THE FIELD. They will still win the Super Bowl.

stocker323
01-07-2005, 06:12 PM
In Belichick we trust.

YanksHater213
01-07-2005, 06:13 PM
Word.

Shadow29
01-07-2005, 06:14 PM
I love how everyone is jumping off the bandwagon. We are 28-4 in the last two seasons. Show a little respect. Remember last year or 2001, I forget which, but the first 9 weeks, we had a total of 9 people injured for the first 9 weeks and still won the Super Bowl. This injury will not help us, but with Dillon, we are able to CONTROL THE CLOCK and KEEP THE DEFENSE OFF THE FIELD. They will still win the Super Bowl.
Technically I was never on the BAndwagon since I am Detroit lIons Fan, and I am being realistic. They are good but Coaching adn a decent offensie isnt goona beat these great teams. Your defense has won teh SB for you the last two times. It has been seriously weaken this playoff run. I just cant see them winnin this year.

YanksHater213
01-07-2005, 06:16 PM
Heh, the offense isnt decent, its great. All but one game we scored 20 or more points, and in the one they didnt, they still one.

Shadow29
01-07-2005, 06:26 PM
You only faced 3 good team the entire season and won:
1. Colts
2. Ravens
3. Jets

These 4 were Mid level but not great teams:
1. Buffalo twice (though the first time they were sub par)
2. Seattle
3. St. Luois
4. KAnsas City (No D)

ANd the rest was crap. Not e that you lost to the Dolphins D and teh Superior Steelers. So you can beat 2 AFC playoff teams and 2 NFC, though .500, teams. So you offensive did get a boost from these meh teams and crap teams. I still see the other teams as a better team the the PAts.

BoSox Rule
01-07-2005, 06:29 PM
The Pats aren't going to lose to a rookie in the playoffs.

YanksHater213
01-07-2005, 06:31 PM
We lost to the Steelers because Dillon didnt play. It would have been much closer had he played. Also Law got hurt in that game and didnt play the last 3 quarters, so we could have easily won that game had we been healthy. Then, Miami just outplayed us and wanted it more, we just sat back and played with no intensity.

We shut down the ferocious pass attack of the Rams (Bulger, Bruce, Holt) with a makeshift secondary.

We beat Buffalo twice, who was one of the best teams the second half and has a top 5 defense.

We beat the Jets twice, a playoff team.

We beat Peyton Manning. One of the only teams to only allow 1 touchdown to him.

Also, tell me the teams you think are ahead of the Patriots.

Shadow29
01-07-2005, 06:31 PM
If they can lose to A.J Feeley anything is possible

BoSox Rule
01-07-2005, 06:34 PM
If they can lose to A.J Feeley anything is possible

One friggin game. If Brady doesn't throw that ball from his ass I'm not even quoting this post.

Shadow29
01-07-2005, 06:35 PM
Personally, I think Colts can beat them with LAw injured, hes that important.
The Chargers have a good team though they never faced each other so If have little back up. HTough Brees has done amazing and they are like the top scoring team in the NFL.
The steelers can win, though it depends on whether or not Ben plays well and doesnt chock, though that will be determined when they face teh Chargers.
The Jets wont win period.
The Broncos will most likely lose though their defense is amaziong and coudl cause problems for them.
They still can make the Super Bowl but I dont think they will win is all.

BoSox Rule
01-07-2005, 06:36 PM
If they make the Super Bowl they win in a cake walk. The NFC sucks.

YanksHater213
01-07-2005, 06:37 PM
The Colts do not have a defense though. We would be at pace with them scoring points.

Shadow29
01-07-2005, 06:37 PM
Actually only half teh NFC playoff teams suck, teh PAckers, Falcon and Eagles are all good team. Though Eageles with no TO will have probs.

Shadow29
01-07-2005, 06:38 PM
The Colts do not have a defense though. We would be at pace with them scoring points.
Yeah I will give ya that much. Though the Chargers and Steelers have both sides covered.

BoSox Rule
01-07-2005, 06:39 PM
You're also overlooking the fact that we are on a 16-0 home run.

YanksHater213
01-07-2005, 06:41 PM
The Chargers have beaten only two quality teams all year, Jags and Broncos. They beat Carolina, but during their 1-7 streak. There is no way they are able to beat us, I think. Their recieving core sucks, except for Gates. Brees has yet to beat a really tough and confusing defense. LT hasnt really run the way he did last year all season long. I think that we are able to beat these guys too.
Chargers Schedule
@ Texans -W
Jets - L
@ Broncos - L
Titans - W
Jaguars - W
@ Falcons - L
@ Panthers - W
Raiders- W
Saints - W
@ Raiders- W
@ Chiefs - W
Broncos - W
Bucs - W
@ Browns - W
@ Colts - L
Chiefs - W

None of the people they beat really impress me except Jags and Broncos, past that, they havent faced nor beaten quality opponents.

Shadow29
01-07-2005, 06:43 PM
yeah they dont jump out at ya but you know those team defense isnt nearly that bad, excluding the chiefs.

YanksHater213
01-07-2005, 06:44 PM
and raiders, saints and texans... and during the 1-7 streak the panthers defense sucked too.

YanksHater213
01-07-2005, 06:45 PM
Also they only faced 4-5 winning teams.

Shadow29
01-07-2005, 06:45 PM
Texans Defense is pretty good, you may be right on the other two, I dont see many Raiders games in Philly

stevece80
01-08-2005, 02:03 AM
Patriots don't get past their first round in the playoffs, Foxboro or not without Law, unless someone really steps up, and it'll have nothing to do with coaching. They didn't show the slightest chance of even contesting with the Steelers, either, something's that going to need to change.

For all those acting so confident about the Patriots and what's happened since 2001, where was the genius in 2002? The man who has largely made the Patriots look brilliant is out for the playoffs, the people who are oblivious to the fact that it may hurt the team better come down pretty soon unless you are ready to be mentally crushed if they don't win the Super Bowl, which looks like at best a 40/60 shot. Hardly an outside chance, but far from as easy as some people are pretending it to be.

There's following your favorite team, and then there's having a team's success go to your head. I think some followers really deserve a letdown, as the lack of respect for other opponents is just ridiculous. Respect the game first. The Patriots are hardly infallible. Sure, they'll probably win, but it's not because they're inherently better than everyone else.

YanksHater213
01-08-2005, 06:03 AM
The Patriots didnt contend with the Steelers because Dillon didnt play. We couldnt keep our offense out on the field for a good enough amount of time. Also (ill reiterate this point) we lost Law in the first quarter of that game as well. Im not saying we would have won, but it would have been a much closer game than people give them credit for. It is going to have everything to do with coaching. Belichick is a special coach, he squeezes all of the talent out of people. You also cant think that no one will step up. In 2001 vs. the Rams, Harris or Akins, I forget which one, came in and forced a fumble and Shawn Mayer came in and played a solid game. The Patriots have a history of having people come off the bench and step it way up. Look at the way Gay has been playing all season, he has yet to get torched in a game, and had 2 or 3 interceptions. The only potential game I see the Patriots losing is against the Colts or Steelers. Every other team they can and will beat with ease without Law, like they have since he got hurt. Both Samuel and Gay are solid corners and I am confident in their abilities to do well. I think that Law getting hurt lessens their chances but its not changing my opinion on the outcome.

In 2002, it was one of those years, after winning the title, and being confident, and they just didnt play hard all the time. Law is not the man who makes the Pats look brilliant. Its Belichick and Brady. Bradys ability to manufacture long drives and stay cool under pressure is the most underrated quality for any quarterback to have. Belichick simply knows what to do. He knows when to call what plays and when to put what players in. Plus, now that they have Bethel Johnson returning kicks and punts, that is another HUGE gamebreaker for them. With Faulk returning them, shit happened, but Bethel always can turn nothing into something.

I do not have a lack of respect for their opponents. I have acknowledged time and time again the good and underrated teams in the AFC. Indy, Pittsburgh, Denver, Jets, Chargers, Buffalo, Jacksonville, Baltimore. Im not what people like to call a biased fan, and I call it how I see it. The Patriots 14-2 record the last two seasons is simply amazing, and they are getting little credit and recognition for it. Theyve never been a lot better than anyone else. They have never even had the best team. They have had the best role players, such as McGinest, Vrabel, Troy Brown. Those are the types of guys that will be key for the Patriots to win.

Also one last note, having a 2 time Super Bowl MVP in there at quarterback with a guy who rushed for over 1600 yards cant hurt either.

mtac288
01-17-2005, 10:57 AM
The Pats are definately going to miss Law. One of the best defenders on the team. Honestly, i dont know how they beat the colts on Sunday, without Law

Zenny
01-17-2005, 11:29 AM
Honestly, i dont know how they beat the colts on Sunday, without Law
Easily. That vaunted Colts offense scored three points. THREE.

ang2124
01-21-2005, 10:11 AM
Well that is a huge blow to the Patriots, but sice they have ridiculous depth they will find a way even whaen Troy Brown is out there lookin like a CB