PDA

View Full Version : TV = Crap

roary
05-05-2004, 09:22 PM
So I was watching FOX just now, finishing off the OC (First time I'd ever watched it, I wanted to see what the hype was about) and alternating between that and the sox game, and I just realized how crappy TV is. Its all either stupid programs (the OC) or helicopters crashing on fox news. Nothing positive or entertaining on at all except the Sox, and that isnt always positive!

Tek04
05-06-2004, 08:41 AM
there is plenty of good shit on television!

yeszir
05-06-2004, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by Tek04@May 6 2004, 09:41 AM
there is plenty of good shit on television!
Like what. TV has gone downhill like no other in the past 5 years, its crazy. Come on, "The Swan"?!

Jtfire99
05-17-2004, 02:14 PM
there are so many crapy reality shows like "for love or money" and stupid shows like that.

Tek04
05-17-2004, 02:33 PM
all the national networks have crappy programs...but there is still espn, nesn, the simpsons, seinfeld, viva la bam...a bunch of great shows.

YanksHater213
05-17-2004, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by Tek04@May 17 2004, 02:33 PM
all the national networks have crappy programs...but there is still espn, nesn, the simpsons, seinfeld, viva la bam...a bunch of great shows.
AMEN, viva la bam rules, best show ever along with family guy

national networks have some good shows though, fear factor, americas funniest home videos... and thats about it

Conig2
05-17-2004, 05:14 PM
Ahhh, remember the days of Seinfeld and Saved by the Bell.

roary
05-18-2004, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by Conig2@May 17 2004, 06:14 PM
Ahhh, remember the days of Seinfeld and Saved by the Bell.
Seinfeld was hilarious. I don't recall ever missing an episode. I watch the reruns that they have on as well. No show will ever surpass seinfeld in terms of hilarity and overall awesome-ness. Saved by the bell was great, as was The Fresh Prince.

RedSoxRooter
05-18-2004, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by roary+May 18 2004, 02:13 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (roary &#064; May 18 2004, 02:13 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-Conig2@May 17 2004, 06:14 PM
Saved by the Bell.

[/b][/quote]
What the??? That show was terrible&#33;

The only tv shows I try to catch nowadays:

Malcom In the Middle <- probably because it&#39;s followed by:
Arrested Development
Simpsons - most of the time. That 8:30 hole afterwards is the reason I sometimes miss it....
Everybody Loves Raymond

I try and catch Dinner for 5 on IFC, but can never remember when it&#39;s on. Same for That 70s Show, though I never thought it was ever as funny as it&#39;s first season.

Saturday Night Live, though sucking the last couple of years is still a must.

You know what show I&#39;ve really started to get into. The Sports Reporters on ESPN on Sunday mornings at 10. Really entertaining.

The obligatory CNN, ESPN. But the rest is mostly movies/DVDs.

There was a show on fox called "Cracking Up" that I thought was great, but it got canned after like 3 episodes. I also loved Greg The Bunny last year and the Andy Richter show, but they too got canned. I have no idea why.

Personally, TV really hit the skids after the "glory days" of the 90s. X-Files and Seinfeld.... I still feel the void.

TheFens
05-18-2004, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by RedSoxRooter@May 18 2004, 06:56 PM
Saturday Night Live, though sucking the last couple of years is still a must.

But Jimmy Fallon has now left the show. It&#39;s almost as if there is no point in watching it anymore. Weekend update will never be the same again.

skaddam
05-18-2004, 09:30 PM
No more Jimmy Fallon???

Who will laugh during all the skits?

yeszir
05-18-2004, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by skaddam@May 18 2004, 10:30 PM
No more Jimmy Fallon???

Who will laugh during all the skits?
No one, he was SNL&#39;s saving grace.

Old Hoss
05-19-2004, 02:47 AM
I&#39;m proud to say I have never watched one episode of ANY reality TV other than the original one....."Cops" on FOX network.

I watch some sitcoms on Monday & Wednesday nights, NYPD Blue on Tuesdays and CSI on Thursday. My wife has recently discovered some bizarre show on the Spike channel that is so foolish that it makes us laugh.

Other than that, there really isn&#39;t a lot of interesting TV on.......I do like The History Channel and some Home Improvement shows on HGTV. You&#39;ll understand HGTV when you get older or own a house. ;)

The only reality show I would probably watch is one about Red Sox fans hunting down a Yankee fan (on a weekly basis) and causing him excrutiating pain. That I could go for. :)

YanksHater213
05-19-2004, 04:36 AM
Originally posted by Old Hoss@May 19 2004, 02:47 AM
I&#39;m proud to say I have never watched one episode of ANY reality TV other than the original one....."Cops" on FOX network.

I watch some sitcoms on Monday & Wednesday nights, NYPD Blue on Tuesdays and CSI on Thursday. My wife has recently discovered some bizarre show on the Spike channel that is so foolish that it makes us laugh.

cops is some good stuff.

would the show on Spike TV be called Most Extreme Challenge. because if it is, that is one of the funniest shows i have ever seen in my entire life

RedSoxRooter
05-19-2004, 08:29 AM
Originally posted by Old Hoss@May 19 2004, 02:47 AM
My wife has recently discovered some bizarre show on the Spike channel that is so foolish that it makes us laugh.

Most Extreme Elimination Challenge??? That show is a riot&#33;

Old Hoss
05-20-2004, 02:53 AM
Originally posted by YanksHater213@May 19 2004, 04:36 AM
would the show on Spike TV be called Most Extreme Challenge. because if it is, that is one of the funniest shows i have ever seen in my entire life
Yes, that&#39;s it. Johnny Damon has never taken a hit to the noggin&#39; the way those folks do.

Beaneater
06-01-2004, 08:47 PM
I just got back in the States after 3+ years overseas and I can say that I have rarely been as disappointed/revolted/nauseated as when I checked the weekly schedule on nbc.com (I pretty much only get NBC -- wouldn&#39;t want to re-enter civilization too quickly, you know -- might cause some sort of cultural whiplash). For Love or Money... Fear Factor... Who Wants to Marry My Dad... Next Action Star... The One That Got Away... Only my highly trained esophagus reflexes kept me from purging into my keyboard. Anyone hoping to see something other than otherwise-normal people degrading themselves on camera for a shot at some &#036;&#036;&#036;&#036; is pretty much out of luck. I dunno -- obviously someone is watching this or else the networks wouldn&#39;t keep making more, but...

In an issue of Time or Newsweek from last year (yeah, pretty impressive how I can dredge up specific details like that, isn&#39;t it?) I saw a list of reality TV shows that didn&#39;t make it off the drawing board. Wow -- what a hilarious article. Anyone else see it?

element1151
06-28-2004, 11:09 AM
I love Seinfeld, one of my fav. shows, and i try to stay away from "reality" T.V.