PDA

View Full Version : red sox / yankees playoffs lab

TheHammerOfGod
02-17-2005, 12:49 AM
ok so i wasnt sure if this should go in the fights & crap section or the general off topic section...seemed like it could go either way but anyway but since this seems to be general crap, seemed appropriate to be here

just wanted to let u guys know some useless info about my life lol

i'm a psych major and an aspiring clinical psychologist so they're always telling me i should do research of some sort. so i chose to become a research assistant in the memory lab-- the study is memory for the yankees/red sox playoffs. it's designed to see if an extremely emotional, positive event affects how well people remember that event a few months later. i was just curious to know (this is NOT being used in the lab) if you guys remembered the following things about game 7 (w/out looking it up)

1. when was the game? (date, day, time)?
2. final score?
3. important plays? (by either team)
4. who pitched for the sox? the yanks?
5. who hit HRs in the game?
6. what time did the game end?
7. where were u during the game?
8. who were u with?
9. what were u wearing?
10. what were u eating? drinking?
11. what did u do when the game ended?

i know i sure as hell dont remember everything but some of the answers ppl gave the DAY AFTER (the survey is going to be issued again to see how much u can remember after 4 months)...someone said the final score was 6-0 :lol: someone else said kenny lofton hit a HR...i dont even know if thats true :dunno: anyway, this is just for fun. my answers are as follows:

1. dont remember
2. 10-3
3. johnny damon HRs, ortiz HR, relay from matsui to jeter to posada to nail damon at the plater, jeter rbi single to score cairo
4. sox: lowe...pedro...timlin? foulke? yanks: brown, javi, uhh uhhhhhh two really shitty ppl (coz i remember thinking joe was trying to get fired) gordon? rivera (i remember rivera b/c i remember thinking this is the ESSENCE of whats wrong with this team...rivera pitching in a friggen blowout to make sure the sox' lead doesnt grow)
5. damon (2x), ortiz
6. dont remember
7. dorm room
8. with my best friend who is a yankee fan and taught me everything she knows
9. rivera shirt and jeter cap most likely
10. dont remember
11. watched the post game show to see who won mvp

yeszir
02-17-2005, 03:30 PM
1. Date October 21st 2004, 8:05 pm?
2. Score 10-3 or something.
3. Damon hit two homeruns, including a grand slam
4. Yankees: Mussina Sox: Schilling
5. Damon hit 2, Bellhorn 1 (maybe)
6. Game ended at 12:00, or somwhere very close
7. I was at my house, sitting up on the bed
8. My brother
9. Clothes. I think a Red Sox sweatshirt, but I'm unsure.
10. Absolutely nothing
11. Jumped up and down, posted on talksox, went to sleep.

I'm really unsure about all of my answers though. I can tell you all about game 5 though. :) And this isn't a very scientifically valid survey. You're asking a bunch of people you don't know on a message board, and we're liable to look stuff up.

Yanks in 05
02-17-2005, 04:22 PM
Do one for game 6 also

TheHammerOfGod
02-17-2005, 09:46 PM
1. Date October 21st 2004, 8:05 pm?
2. Score 10-3 or something.
3. Damon hit two homeruns, including a grand slam
4. Yankees: Mussina Sox: Schilling
5. Damon hit 2, Bellhorn 1 (maybe)
6. Game ended at 12:00, or somwhere very close
7. I was at my house, sitting up on the bed
8. My brother
9. Clothes. I think a Red Sox sweatshirt, but I'm unsure.
10. Absolutely nothing
11. Jumped up and down, posted on talksox, went to sleep.

I'm really unsure about all of my answers though. I can tell you all about game 5 though. :) And this isn't a very scientifically valid survey. You're asking a bunch of people you don't know on a message board, and we're liable to look stuff up.

oh no no i know that putting the survey here isnt scientifically valid lol i'm not recording ur answers. but i was curious to see if anyone remembered the answers to some of these questions. it is amazing to see what ppl remember and its always fun to see what we remember incorrectly ;)

but i do think its interesting that u remember game 5 more tho. its not really surprising. i dont remember all that much from that game because i was in class for 2 hours of it (was really upset about that late class and had my friend send me txt msgs to update me on the game hehehe little did i know that game would be like 6 damn hours or some shit like that lol) anyway, one thing i can certainly say...even tho i obviously was disappointed with the outcome of game 5, it was certainly more exciting than game 7...blowouts are kinda hard to watch in terms of real edge of ur seat excitement. game 3 was like that for me, and that was a good outcome for the yanks.

yeszir
02-17-2005, 09:55 PM
oh no no i know that putting the survey here isnt scientifically valid lol i'm not recording ur answers. but i was curious to see if anyone remembered the answers to some of these questions. it is amazing to see what ppl remember and its always fun to see what we remember incorrectly ;)

but i do think its interesting that u remember game 5 more tho. its not really surprising. i dont remember all that much from that game because i was in class for 2 hours of it (was really upset about that late class and had my friend send me txt msgs to update me on the game hehehe little did i know that game would be like 6 damn hours or some shit like that lol) anyway, one thing i can certainly say...even tho i obviously was disappointed with the outcome of game 5, it was certainly more exciting than game 7...blowouts are kinda hard to watch in terms of real edge of ur seat excitement. game 3 was like that for me, and that was a good outcome for the yanks.
I was at game 5, standing room tickets. I don't know if that would make me more or less likely to remember specific events in it though. I don't remember who pitched, but I can probably show you the spot where Ortiz's blooper landed to within an inch. :)

TheHammerOfGod
02-17-2005, 09:55 PM
Do one for game 6 also

haha ok same questions but game 6

1. don't remember
2. 4-2 i think
3. belhorn 3 run HR ... torre not having someone pinch hit for clark--thats more like a misplay <_<
4. schilling - then arroyo i think..., lieber...someone relieved him in the 8th i believe...not sure who tho
5. belhorn, maybe ortiz...he's always a good bet lol
6. no clue...i'd guess around 11:30
7. dorm room
8. my best friend
9. jeter shirt probably
10. idk
11. put up a sign on the door shooing bandwagoners away b/c my roomie who is from boston was talking all this shit about the yankees when she knows next to nothing about baseball... cant stand that roomie.... <_< also prepared myself for a loss in game 7 coz i knew it just wasnt happening

TheHammerOfGod
02-17-2005, 09:56 PM
I was at game 5, standing room tickets. I don't know if that would make me more or less likely to remember specific events in it though. I don't remember who pitched, but I can probably show you the spot where Ortiz's blooper landed to within an inch. :)

oh wow! thats so cool that u got to actually be there! :thumbsup:

Yanksin2010
02-18-2005, 05:55 PM
The game has been surgically removed from my memory.

TheHammerOfGod
02-18-2005, 10:38 PM
The game has been surgically removed from my memory.

:lol:

element1151
02-18-2005, 10:51 PM
ok so i wasnt sure if this should go in the fights & crap section or the general off topic section...seemed like it could go either way but anyway but since this seems to be general crap, seemed appropriate to be here

I like it when people know something is crap, so they just post it here so we don't have to move it!

Pretty interesting experiment though.

CrespoBlows
03-15-2005, 03:00 PM
1. Oct. 20th 8:05
2. 10-3 Sox
3. Ortiz solo in the 1st, Damon's grandslam, Damon's two run shot, Bellhorn's homer off the pole, Embree retires Sierra on a groundout to Reese to end the game
4. Red Sox: Lowe to 7th Pedro to 8th Timlin to 9th Embree to end
Yankees: Brown, Vazquez, Quantrill, Rivera
5. Ortiz, Damon, Bellhorn
6. 11:35 PM
7. home
8. Friends
9. Red Sox shirt
10. Pizza Rolls, Coors Lite
11. Laughed at my cousin (yankee fan) watched to post game show, looked at the YES network's reaction, and posted here.

Yanksin2010
03-16-2005, 01:29 AM
1. Oct. 20th 8:05
2. 10-3 Sox
3. Ortiz solo in the 1st, Damon's grandslam, Damon's two run shot, Bellhorn's homer off the pole, Embree retires Sierra on a groundout to Reese to end the game
4. Red Sox: Lowe to 7th Pedro to 8th Timlin to 9th Embree to end
Yankees: Brown, Vazquez, Quantrill, Rivera
5. Ortiz, Damon, Bellhorn
6. 11:35 PM
7. home
8. Friends
9. Red Sox shirt
10. Pizza Rolls, Coors Lite
11. Laughed at my cousin (yankee fan) watched to post game show, looked at the YES network's reaction, and posted here.
Funny how we do kinda the same things. I looked at NESNs reaction after game 3.

ahhchon
03-16-2005, 01:43 AM
i immediately thought of game 7 from 2003 when i read. i didn't realize it was 2004 until you guys mentioned the sox winning the game. heh..... weird..

john