PDA

View Full Version : The team meets the president...merged topics

sarasoxfan
03-02-2005, 10:33 AM
how ironic is this!!

I gather the team is being forced to go to the white house and meet Dumbya.

why are they being punished they won?

sarasoxfan
03-02-2005, 10:46 AM
Ugh. I read that Johnny Damon is a big bush fan....

well he's idiot right?

techsoldaten
03-02-2005, 11:23 AM
I don't really get off on Bush hating (nor am I a Bush fan). It is a tradition to be congratulated by the president after a world series victory and Bush did manage to get more votes than the other guy.

Of course, we should ask ourselves what is more important: Damon's endorsement or Epstein's endorsement? Theo is famous for coming out for John Kerry. In all honesty, which person could have been replaced as part of the club last year and still had the same outcome?

M

Sox fan in Tex
03-02-2005, 09:22 PM
Your boy threw out a pansy of a first pitch last year, but now the real president shows his loyalty...

http://boston.redsox.mlb.com/images/2005/03/02/mZTevMUL.jpg

RedSoxRooter
03-02-2005, 10:01 PM
Here's the link to the vid. The CNN link was much better because it showed the live feed instead of this clip. You could hear all the players talking before Bush got there.

And I agree with the Bush agenda, but he sucks at trying to be funny. :angry:
http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2005/03/20050302-17.v.html

yeszir
03-02-2005, 10:15 PM
Bush fell off a segway and choked on a pretzel.

Hey, you choose to argue over stupid things, I'm game.

RedSoxRooter
03-02-2005, 10:24 PM
They are about to do a story on the ceremony on CNN Newsnight in a few mins.

mosox
03-03-2005, 03:05 AM
I hate politics, but this was fun to watch.

sarasoxfan
03-03-2005, 09:05 AM
Because as I sox fan I am proud of being hypocrite..If schilling was another team I would gagging and barfing and spewing on peggy sue--The fawning, that moron Bush...BUT
since schilling is ours---this is a free country there's no law against being stupid.

I was saddened to learn that Damon is such a big supporter of Chimpie as well as dumbya's poppy--but again no one said that being athlete goes hands in hand with having brains.

Sox fan in Tex
03-03-2005, 03:25 PM
why are they being punished they won?

The country minus Massachusettes chose Bush...everyone outside Mass. that doesn't have a gay lover is laughing histarically at that sentence.

yeszir
03-03-2005, 03:42 PM
This thread is chock full of intelligent posts. The next 15 year old caught insulting my state will get whupped and this thread will be moved to crap.

BigPapiEnFuego
03-03-2005, 05:25 PM
wtf is with you and the mass. gay lover thing, Tex? How much more of an asshole can you be? Damn. and not the country minus massachusetts choose bush, so did many other states, it was actually a close vote if you watched.

Goes to show yet again, everything is bigger in Texas including ignorance and cheep hate.
Apparently there is one thing that is smaller in Texas though, which would be the ability to think.

yankeessuck013
03-03-2005, 06:31 PM
This thread is chock full of intelligent posts. The next 15 year old caught insulting my state will get whupped and this thread will be moved to crap.

OK...enough of this...Yeszir please move this to Fights & Crap!

joe
03-03-2005, 06:55 PM
Just in case you do not know this:
Remember last summer in Cambridge, when gays were pushing to legalize gay marriages?
According to Kerry’s campaign insiders, it was group of republican who were behind that push!!!
Kerry himself did not advocate it.
It took weeks of investigations to reach this conclusion.
Yes, that Texan religious conservative (George, who else?) ran unholy, dirty campaign to undermine Kerry. I guess, if you can't win it the right way why not cheat?

TheHammerOfGod
03-03-2005, 08:56 PM
The country minus Massachusettes chose Bush...everyone outside Mass. that doesn't have a gay lover is laughing histarically at that sentence.

i cannot even begin to tell u how ignorant u sound right now

Yanksin2010
03-04-2005, 12:35 AM
Your boy threw out a pansy of a first pitch last year, but now the real president shows his loyalty...

http://boston.redsox.mlb.com/images/2005/03/02/mZTevMUL.jpg
It's just not a publicity stunt without Schilling.

Sox fan in Tex
03-06-2005, 11:34 PM
Everytime something is directed at you fools, you begin to cry and post your comments of how much you hate Bush, ect. And it just goes on and on... Bush did this, Bush did that, followed by more whining. If you want to protest, go to the streets...not to talksox.com. Pathetic.

Sox fan in Tex
03-06-2005, 11:43 PM
Goes to show yet again, everything is bigger in Texas including ignorance and cheep hate.
Apparently there is one thing that is smaller in Texas though, which would be the ability to think.

Big Papi....
http://weasel.faricy.net/kinda%20funny/611678-crying%20baby.jpg

Yes, because the redneck/incest jokes are so much cleaner than the gay jokes that I say.

yeszir
03-06-2005, 11:49 PM
Things I hate: Political discussion on message boards and wanting to sneeze but not being able to. I guess we get so blinded by our biases that we can't see how stupid we sound.

Sox fan in Tex
03-07-2005, 12:03 AM
Some of these things you guys say about Bush I can kind of laugh off because believe me...it's tough to be 100% towards him and all of his decisions. I personally don't agree with some of the things he does, but in the end I just thought that he would make a better president that Kerry. Just my opinion.

sarasoxfan
03-07-2005, 07:14 AM
ahh-shoooo.

I think was the mass. cracks that gopt this going more than the bush jokes.

It's funny how those pious morons from red states insult Mass.--with their moronic gay bashing....ironically Mass has the lowest divorce rate of any state in the country....

But int he end we are the champs and that's all the matters.

God bless you.

ahhchon
03-07-2005, 09:40 AM
i cannot even begin to tell u how ignorant u sound right now

no shit huh..

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v222/ahhchon/a375.gif

john

Sox fan in Tex
03-07-2005, 06:06 PM
Thanks for posting the picture John...I'm not sure what you were trying to prove there. Congrats on your dominance east of Ohio? Congrats on winning over the hippies from Cali? Keep on whining, it's hilarious to read. Keep it coming, this stuff is great. Maybe a democrat will take over again in a few years. (snicker)

yeszir
03-07-2005, 06:46 PM
I prefer the Jesusland picture, personally. And it's all in semi-good fun, we need to lighten up. Don't make me post the state by state Dem-Rep breakdown again, it's relatively close all over the country (even in Texas and Massachusetts).

element1151
03-07-2005, 11:26 PM
Things I hate: Political discussion on message boards

There is this one baseball board that I go to, and in Off-Topic they have the worst Political discussions, it takes all my might not to go in there and say that they are all idiots and should shut up.

Also Sox fan in Tex, talking about funny quotes: 2004 AL West Champs Minnesota Twins.

Sox fan in Tex
03-07-2005, 11:43 PM
Clearly I've been away from baseball too long since last season. I know my stuff, Element...was prob. just not thinking straight at the time...thanks for pointing it out for me.

Sox fan in Tex
03-08-2005, 12:43 AM
One last pic for ahhchon...

http://www.dubmcdub.com/images/owned.jpg

BigPapiEnFuego
03-08-2005, 03:42 PM
Big Papi....
http://weasel.faricy.net/kinda%20funny/611678-crying%20baby.jpg

Yes, because the redneck/incest jokes are so much cleaner than the gay jokes that I say.

oh wow, I'm crying? Ha. You bitch and whine more them most people at this forum. every topic you post in turns into a fight. quit it already, no one cares.

Sox fan in Tex
03-08-2005, 11:36 PM
^ read that over again...you can see why the baby face is posted.

quit it already, no one cares