PDA

View Full Version : My theory...

ACL BoSox
05-17-2004, 09:51 PM
Well finally, an off day. While one part of me hates it, the other part of me knows the Sox will enjoy it and benefit from it. Playing 20 straight games is not easy, and only the Phillies know worse (21 in 21 last year). It's not easy and adding double headers into the mix only makes it worse.

Now, before the sox went into this "semi" slump they had just gotten off sweeping the D-Rays. Now going in reverse, getting an off day and then playing the D-Rays should therefore swing momentum back in the sox favor. It seems the only teams the sox can beat up on this year are the D-Rays and the Yankees. What better way to get on a roll than to beat up on the D-Rays.

Now, BH Kim is back, but still not ready for big league action. That's ok, we have a stellar five starter in Bronson Arroyo. Now, barring any unforeseen or tragic injuries these are five things to expect from the sox...

#1 When Trot gets back the Sox will start hitting better
#2 Bronson Arroyo will be the five starter for the remainder of the year and pitch competitively
#3 Curt Schilling will become the Ace of this staff
#4 Things will get better for Derek Lowe
#5 The Sox will win the division by somewhere between 5-10 games and win 13 games against the Yankees this year.

yeszir
05-17-2004, 10:01 PM
#1. Given
#2. Perhaps, not so given if BK gets another chance
#3. Co-Ace, not sole Ace.
#4. Maybe just a smidgeon better, but I still dont like the bastard
#5. yes. :D

yawkeyway
05-17-2004, 10:11 PM
Playing against the D-Rays would help any team get out of any slmp. :). But the sox haven't looked as bad recently as they did a few weeks ago, which is certainly a good thing. Things can only get better from here on out (barring any major injuries), and hopefully a lot of the things you said will come true.

Whatever happens, this will be one of the more memorable sox seasons to date, I hope.

CalvnHobs6
05-17-2004, 10:13 PM
Not to mention some new bench depth in Kevin Youkilis.

yeszir
05-17-2004, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by CalvnHobs6@May 17 2004, 11:13 PM
Not to mention some new bench depth in Kevin Youkilis.
Yea, but he won't stay for long probably. There's simply no room to really keep him on the bench. Better to give him more AAA time so he can progress even faster for next year or the year after.

JMDurron
05-17-2004, 10:25 PM
Some thoughts on your points.

1) Probably so, but it may take some time for Nixon to rise above Millar/Kapler level once he rejoins the team.

2) I think Kim will be back in that spot by the ASB, at the absolute latest. Arroyo has been great, but I think it's too much to expect him to keep this up all year. I'm afraid he'll break down, or the hitters will catch up to him before too long.

3) Yes. Absolutely. In pitching and in personality.

4) I don't think so. Part of one year can be a fluke, two straight years makes the good year look like the fluke.

5) No to the margin of victory (will be within losing by 2 and winning by 2), but agree with the 13 wins.