PDA

View Full Version : Clemens receives 3rd straight no-decision

CalvnHobs6
05-28-2004, 10:32 PM
Clemens was in line for the loss tonite until lance berkman doubled in the tying run in the bottom of the 9th, taking Clemens off the hook. Score was tied 1-1 until Dotel blew it in xtra innings. Another great performance by Clemens.

yagmaster
06-01-2004, 08:33 PM
Now he knows how Pedro has been feeling the last bunch of years. No decisions can really really suck.

roary
06-04-2004, 08:02 PM
He got a win last night, now he's up to 8-0.

CalvnHobs6
06-04-2004, 08:53 PM
And I got my Clemens Astros tshirt in the mail today! Much respect due to the Rocket.

GreenMonsterSeats
06-05-2004, 11:35 AM
Unless Clemens faulters I think they can start polishing the Cy Young trophy and etch his name on there for 2004. What a start out of the Rocket!!!

TheFens
06-05-2004, 11:38 AM
This season has got to be his last though, right? He can't possibly keep this up, he's 41, and he'll want to retire on a high note (unless his name is Michael Jordan).

GreenMonsterSeats
06-05-2004, 11:53 AM
Would be nice to go out with a Cy Young, but Roger wants another ring. He can play another season or two with the arrangement he has in Houston.

Old Hoss
06-06-2004, 12:13 AM
As much as I turned against him when he was a Spankee, I have to take my hat off to him. Well, if I wore a hat I would.

JMDurron
06-06-2004, 12:41 AM
Roger Clemens is still a great player.

Roger Clemens is also still a lousy, dishonest human being.

It's only my opinion, but just because he screwed the yankees this time doesn't get him off the hook for what he's done in the past.

Pedro
06-12-2004, 10:30 PM
This is such a joke. I'm not buying into this Clemens-mania stuff and all the rah rah about him starting the All-Star Game in Houston. All winter, I heard that Clemens only lasted 3 innings against Pedro in Game 7 because "he's 41 years old."... That is looking like some kind of excuse now, isn't it? :rolleyes:

Clemens hasn't turned back the clock. Clemens is not any better than he was last year, the year before, hell, the last five years. Don't get me wrong, Roger Clemens is an amazing athlete and pitcher. He's still very good, but his numbers are much better due to the fact that he's spent the first 20 years of his career pitching in one league, and has now transfered to another. As teams see him more, he'll get hit more. We'll see this happen when Roger comes out of retirement again to pitch in 2005. Jason Schmidt is the best in the NL.

It'll be so astonishing to the baseball world when Pedro goes to San Francisco next year under Felipe Alou and suddenly he's striking out more batters, and putting up ERA's under 2 again! How'd he turn back the clock? Simple, it'll be because he'll get to face the pitcher at least twice a game on the norm. (easy K's), will be playing in a league he hasn't pitched regularly in since 1997 and he'll be in a pitcher's park for once. If it isn't SF, I hope it's Los Angeles. Warm weather, greatest pitcher's park in history, and Mota and Gagne to save every single one of his deserved wins.

I want Pedro to be a Red Sox for life, but I'll still be rooting for them regardless of whether he's there or not. If it doesn't work out, I want the best for him, which would be the NL and playing in California.