PDA

View Full Version : Hanley Ramirez out for a month

CalvnHobs6
05-30-2004, 11:09 AM
Bad news on the farm: Shortstop prospect Hanley Ramirez sprained a wrist and will miss about a month of the Sarasota (Single A) season. "Hanley was hitting over .300 and playing a very good all-around game," said Epstein. "He decided to play with the wrist injury for a couple of weeks and it affected his numbers a little bit and he wasn't the same guy. We felt the right thing to do was put a cast on it and let it heal properly so when he comes back, he's 100 percent." Ramirez is still considered the Sox' top prospect and is about two years away from playing in Boston. The injury shouldn't hinder Ramirez's development.

from the Boston Globe.

Oh well. I'm glad they're not taking any chances, his avg. dropped from 300 to 270 since the injury, he obviously needs something to get it back.

yagmaster
05-31-2004, 10:18 PM
I've always thought that Hanley is overrated. Sure he has the tools, but he has done nothing so far at bat, and he is a terrible fielder. To me, potential means nothing compared to what you have done lately.

JMDurron
05-31-2004, 10:39 PM
Man, what kind of idiot is a guy who tries to play through a wrist injury at shortstop while it drives down his performance?

:P

I refuse to put any hope on a prospect in Single A ball. Talk to me when he starts tearing through AAA.