PDA

View Full Version : Everyone healthy

Redsoxhatcom
06-04-2004, 02:35 PM
Even though the sox are on a little bit of a slide right now, I think everything will be back on track when everyone is healthy. Once Nomar, Trot, and Mueller are back in the mix, we will be unstoppable.

That is..if they ever get better.

Tim
http://www.redsoxhat.com

JMDurron
06-04-2004, 03:00 PM
With Pedro and Lowe struggling, this team looks to be increasingly dependent on Kim getting healthy ASAP.

TheFens
06-04-2004, 05:14 PM
I hope so. And I also hope Lowe gets injured. +Nomar +Mueller +Trot -Lowe. that would be awesome.

JMDurron
06-04-2004, 07:05 PM
Wishing an injury on ANY player on your own team is seriously bad Mojo. I wouldn't wish an injury on Cesar Crespo, that should tell you how strongly I feel about this.

Just wish for a line drive off of Roger's face, like I do. :D

Pedro
06-12-2004, 10:15 PM
We hear we'll get Nixon back in possibly a week, but now Schilling could be shut down for as long as a month. Why can't we just have everyone healthy at one time? Why do we have to sacrifice one player to get one back? This looks very much like what is happenning to the Chicago Cubs right now.

yeszir
06-13-2004, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by Pedro@Jun 12 2004, 11:15 PM
We hear we'll get Nixon back in possibly a week, but now Schilling could be shut down for as long as a month. Why can't we just have everyone healthy at one time? Why do we have to sacrifice one player to get one back? This looks very much like what is happenning to the Chicago Cubs right now.
We're a Boston team, that's why. No Boston team can ever be at 100%, at least one star players always has to be on the DL. :rolleyes:

JMDurron
06-13-2004, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by yeszir+Jun 13 2004, 11:45 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (yeszir @ Jun 13 2004, 11:45 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Pedro@Jun 12 2004, 11:15 PM
We hear we&#39;ll get Nixon back in possibly a week, but now Schilling could be shut down for as long as a month. Why can&#39;t we just have everyone healthy at one time? Why do we have to sacrifice one player to get one back? This looks very much like what is happenning to the Chicago Cubs right now.
We&#39;re a Boston team, that&#39;s why. No Boston team can ever be at 100%, at least one star players always has to be on the DL. :rolleyes: [/b][/quote]
Except last year. We had practically no injury problems last year. Makes the missed opportunity that much worse. :(

Pedro
06-13-2004, 09:22 PM
God where could the 2003 team had gone if we had traded for Schilling at the All-Star Break? I&#39;d say they&#39;d be World Series champs and a Game 7 would not have been required in the ALCS.

JMDurron
06-13-2004, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by Pedro@Jun 13 2004, 09:22 PM
God where could the 2003 team had gone if we had traded for Schilling at the All-Star Break? I&#39;d say they&#39;d be World Series champs and a Game 7 would not have been required in the ALCS.
We didn&#39;t need Schilling to win last year. We needed ANY ONE of the following in October:

1) A manager who wasn&#39;t an idiot
2) Mueller hitting
3) Millar hitting
4) Nomar hitting
5) Pedro on his A game at Fenway against the MFY

Grady Little made the greatest mistake possible, but let&#39;s not forget that our record-setting lineup failed to show up for all of October. Trot and Manny (mostly) got us to the ALCS with hitting, with Wakefield, Pedro, and the bullpen (including Lowe) keeping the scores low enough for them to do it themselves.

EDIT - Forgot about Walker and Ortiz against NY. But they couldn&#39;t do it themselves.

tek33rules
06-14-2004, 09:22 AM
I am going to so glad when every single injured red sox will be back i will just have to have a big party, also the yankees will have alot of players out and will have a 100% healthy team.--WOW

Pedro
06-14-2004, 09:31 AM
You&#39;re exactly right JMD... none of those things happened, which is exactly why the contribution Schilling would&#39;ve made a world of difference. Pedro and Lowe started 4 games in the ALCS and the Red Sox lost all four of them. Imagine if we had Schilling the rotation...looking at his postseason past, I&#39;d say we could certainly expect some dominant outings, and the Red Sox would&#39;ve beaten New York in no more than 6 games.