PDA

View Full Version : All Star Game

TakePedroOutGrady
06-04-2004, 08:55 PM
Gimme a break, i was looking at the All Star Voting yesterday, and geuss who's number one at SS? You geussed it, Mr. Achilles Injury, Nomar Garciaparra, I mean come on HE HASNT PLAYED A GAME, STOP THE INSANITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yagmaster
06-04-2004, 09:09 PM
Fan voted professional sports allstar games have always had this problem. I remember when Vince Carter of the NBA had not played a game and was the LEAGDING VOTE GETTER. It's based on whom the fans want to see, not who has done the best.

yeszir
06-04-2004, 09:15 PM
Its pathetic really. Jeter's up there too. I'm trying to find a link showing the standings in voting now (I saw it earlier) and there are so many stupid people up there.

CalvnHobs6
06-04-2004, 09:19 PM
I'll tell you - It's like Millar getting a lot of votes.
Sox fans are the most devoted fans in the world. So devoted, in fact, that if Crespo was on the ballot, I can all but guarantee you he'd be up there in votes. There are tons of sox fans, all of whom are going to vote for sox players. It so happens that Nomar is on the ballot, so by default, he's getting every boston vote - I think mostly to spite Jeter.

RedSoxNut04
06-07-2004, 01:54 PM
This is incredibly pathetic, although Calvn made a good point about the Fenway Faithful. I haven't vote yet. When does voting end?

-Chris

TheFens
06-07-2004, 04:29 PM
I've never really been a huge fan of the all-star voting. Sox and yankee fans dominate, choosing their players, and then Torre picks the entire Yankee roster to fill up the team. It would be better if some supreme, objective council chose the players based on performance. That way Nomar (even though we love him) would not be leading.

YanksHater213
06-07-2004, 04:31 PM
the leader should be michael young, most underrated player in baseball

yeszir
06-07-2004, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by YanksHater213@Jun 7 2004, 05:31 PM
the leader should be michael young, most underrated player in baseball
HA! I've always thought that too! (well, maybe not most underrated, but he's certainly up there)

JMDurron
06-07-2004, 08:57 PM
Melvin Mora is getting screwed as well. He's been impressive, leading the AL in runs scored right now with a .370 batting average.

yawkeyway
06-07-2004, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by JMDurron@Jun 7 2004, 09:57 PM
Melvin Mora is getting screwed as well. He's been impressive, leading the AL in runs scored right now with a .370 batting average.
Yea. It's a shame that most fans dont realize breakout seasons when they happen right in front of their eyes. :(