PDA

View Full Version : Finley to Spurs

yankeessuck013
08-31-2005, 06:03 PM
FOXSports.com

The rich apparently will be getting richer.

According to a report on WOAI's website, the defending NBA champion San Antonio Spurs have won the battle to land coveted free agent shooting guard Michael Finley.

Finley, who was released earlier this summer by the Dallas Mavericks under the collective bargaining agreement's new amnesty clause, will remain deep in the heart of Texas while trying to win the ring that eluded him with the Mavs.

The move comes as a bit of a shock, as Finley was widely expected to land with either the Miami Heat, which still had its full mid-level exception to offer, or to rejoin former teammate Steve Nash in Phoenix.

In fact, just one day earlier, Spurs head coach Gregg Popovich had said he liked the Suns' chances at signing Finley.

empirestrikesback26
08-31-2005, 06:06 PM
Can't hurt to have another sharpshooter on your squad. Kick it out to finley instead of tony parker or manu.

YanksHater213
08-31-2005, 09:10 PM
This makes little sense to me. All it is going to do is take away minutes and touches from Ginobili, who might be the most underrated player in the game because 1) he plays great D, 2) he can drive, 3) he can shoot the midrange jumper, and 4) he can shoot the 3. He does everything very well, but just doesnt get hte recognition he deserves because he doesnt have a massive ass contract and a ton of endorsements.

YanksHater213
08-31-2005, 09:23 PM
Also another reason someone so kindly pointed out that he doesnt get as much recognition could very well be race. Im not saying this is how I feel, but it could very well be that black basketball players are thought of generally as better than white ones.

Manny Goes Boom
08-31-2005, 09:32 PM
I'm sure pissed about this. Fucking Spurs get better, Finley would get more playing time in Phoenix, and MOST likely would have started. I was almost certain that we would get him. Our management is fucking us over, barely 6 months after the whole city was praising them for the moves they made. Now, I don't know who were going to get.

podsednik20
08-31-2005, 11:03 PM
haha yeah that is true Yankshater, but i dont think Ginobli gets much attention because he plas for the spurs. Like alot of people despise the spurs and all. But thats my Opinion, im not saying every one hates the spurs im just saying if you get what i mean.

YanksHater213
08-31-2005, 11:05 PM
Yeah thats true as well. Not really anyone on that team gets the recognition they deserve. Theyre a quiet team, never in the news, thats probably why.

podsednik20
09-01-2005, 12:22 AM
Well the only one that gets recognized is Ton Duncan, but i still think that he isnt the ebst on that team, i think that Ginobli and Parker are the best, but when people think of the spurs they automatically think, oh Tim Duncan plays for that team, yeah they are great only because of him. one kid said that and i was like dude you dont know nothing about the spurs stop talking about them. lol

podsednik20
09-01-2005, 12:23 AM
oops. i mean Tim Duncan, gosh im terrible at selling when im tired.

BrentD22
09-01-2005, 12:28 AM
I think Manu gets reconigtion. It's just that all his fucking reconigtion is people saying "he doesn't get enough recongition. Manu is a big player in this league no doubt. Didn't you see the NBA's ads through out end of the season and play-offs? Manu had lots of camera time.

As for Finley to the Spurs it's huge for the Spurs and Finely. Michael's body is getting old fast. Going to the Spurs will allow him to play less minutes on a kick ass team and win a ring. Manu will still get his time and this will also help with match-up problems caused by Manu's size.