Height: 6-1 ----> Checked into Spring Training at 6-3
Weight: 170 ----> Checked into Spring Training at 195
Bats: Both
Throws: Right
Drafted: Not drafted
How Acquired: Undrafted free
agent, 2001
ETA: 2006

Scouting Report: Athletic five-tool shortstop with great instincts.* Very young, with above average speed, power, and contact.* Good range with an average arm.* Has all-star potential.* However, may have struggled at dealing with all the hype - most reports list Hanley as the #1 prospect in the organization.* He has been very inconsistent throughout his second season, and has had some problems with immaturity, having a few run-ins with management which earned him suspensions.* Hanley has shown improved maturity in 2004, improving his game preparation and self discipline despite a lot of spotlight. Highest ceiling in organization.
from Soxprospects.com

Over his first two seasons, he hit a combined .349 AVG, .400 OBP, .541 SLG. His numbers dropped quite a bit last year, where he hit .275/.327/.403. This season, he was hitting above .300 before he encountered a wrist injury, dropping his average to .270 and sidelining him for a month. He should be back in action late June/early July.

yawkeyway
06-17-2004, 01:54 PM
Do you have any updates on his injury? What is his ETA to be back?

Zenny
06-17-2004, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by yawkeyway@Jun 17 2004, 01:54 PM
Do you have any updates on his injury? What is his ETA to be back?
I haven't heard of any reported set-backs. He should return in about two weeks, give or take.

yagmaster
06-18-2004, 08:40 PM
Height: 6-1 ----> Checked into Spring Training at 6-3
Weight: 170 ----> Checked into Spring Training at 195

How could he check into Spring Training two inches taller? I really don't understand.

CalvnHobs6
06-18-2004, 11:25 PM
In an article, released post spring training, he checked in at the larger size, though he is listed on soxprospects.com at the smaller size.

Zenny
06-19-2004, 12:01 AM
Men stop growing at about 20-21. The stats soxpropsects has for him are probably his 18 year-old stats, so he could, in theory, grow another two inches in those two years. David Robinson grew almost a foot in college, so it's definitely not out of the question.

elsrbueno
06-30-2004, 08:00 AM
What's the update on Ramirez? Is he still considered the "shortstop of the future?" or have the Sox given up on him?

Zenny
06-30-2004, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by elsrbueno@Jun 30 2004, 09:00 AM
What's the update on Ramirez? Is he still considered the "shortstop of the future?" or have the Sox given up on him?
On the surface, they are going to continue to say he's the future, but I don't think they believe it. His production hasn't matched his potential so far and I don't know how patient the Sox are going to be with him, especially since they picked Pedroia and gave a $500,000 dollar contract to Luis Soto out of the Domincan. The Sox are going to hang on to Hanley for now, but I'm not sure for how long. If he has a hot stretch at some point, he may be trade bait over the next two years.

elsrbueno
06-30-2004, 09:16 PM
Zenny,
Can Ramirez catch a groundball AND make a throw to first?

That's more than the current shortstop (nomar) is capable of....call his ass up!

Zenny
06-30-2004, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by elsrbueno@Jun 30 2004, 10:16 PM
Zenny,
Can Ramirez catch a groundball AND make a throw to first?

That's more than the current shortstop (nomar) is capable of....call his ass up!
:lol: Hanley might be worse than Nomar, as strange as that may sound. :lol:

elsrbueno
06-30-2004, 09:28 PM
anyway, this is off subject, so this is my last post here about this.

Sox should just play Pokey, Belly, and Youk....and bench Nomar until he's traded

Zenny
06-30-2004, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by elsrbueno@Jun 30 2004, 10:28 PM
Sox should just play Pokey, Belly, and Youk....and bench Nomar until he's traded
Yep. Nomie sucks donkey balls. He doesn't even have a real name. Nomar? It's Ramon, you dyslexic bastard!

YanksHater213
07-01-2004, 07:10 AM
Originally posted by Zenny@Jun 30 2004, 10:31 PM

Yep. Nomie sucks donkey balls. He doesn't even have a real name. Nomar? It's Ramon, you dyslexic bastard!
lol, donkey balls??

CalvnHobs6
07-02-2004, 10:11 AM
Hanley's back. On June 30th, he went 2-4, scoring 2 runs. Yesterday, he went 0-5 with 2 K's. His avg is now down to .267, but at least he's seeing some playing time again.

CalvnHobs6
08-01-2004, 02:57 PM
Hanley is currently the best hitter on the Sarasota Red Sox, leading the team batting .310. Unfortunately, he also leads the team with 17 errors. His .310 avg would be good for 3rd best in Florida State League, however, he hasn't played enough games (he's one game short of the league leader in BA). Things are looking good...he does need a defensive tuneup.

Zenny
08-02-2004, 09:16 PM
Hanley got bumped up to Portland today and went 0-3. He should start the year in Portland next season, but if he goes on a tear, don't count him off Pawtucket's roster yet.

CrespoBlows
08-02-2004, 09:46 PM
Abe Alvarez also pitched for Portland, and did great

6 IP 2 H 1 BB 0 ER 4 K's

elsrbueno
08-03-2004, 08:32 AM
Hanley hit pretty well in Sarasota (.310) and is still young. We'll have to keep an eye on him in Portland and see how he responds to the promotion. He's got a lot of talent (according to prospect people) it's nice to see him having some success.

CrespoBlows
08-05-2004, 10:46 PM
Hanley led off against Erie tonight, and went 4-5 all singles.

Zenny
08-08-2004, 04:42 PM
Hanley has dropped switch-hitting and is going to be strictly a right-handed hitter from now on. He cites his lack of power from the left-side as the motive. It'll be interesting to see how he handles right-handed pitchers now as a right-handed batter. I think he'll have his growing pains, but by next season, he should be well on his way to producing huge numbers.

CrespoBlows
08-08-2004, 05:32 PM
I was at the game he hit his only homerun as a SaraSox. He does seem to bat better righty then lefty. I don't know why he doesn't have more he hit that thing into the Parking lot at Ed Smith.

CalvnHobs6
08-11-2004, 02:59 PM
Hanley has now played 10 games for the Sea Dogs, and is 13-45 (.289) without any walks. He also has a HR with 5 RBI, and a couple of doubles. He seems to be adjusting well to the new league, and I only see more greatness to come from this prospect.

CalvnHobs6
08-11-2004, 03:01 PM
I actually looked again, and he was hitting at .333 before going 0-6 yesterday. He was also the only member in the lineup yesterday to not be walked. I think he definitely needs some more patience at the plate...45 AB without a walk is kind of frightening.

yeszir
08-11-2004, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by CalvnHobs6@Aug 11 2004, 04:01 PM
I actually looked again, and he was hitting at .333 before going 0-6 yesterday. He was also the only member in the lineup yesterday to not be walked. I think he definitely needs some more patience at the plate...45 AB without a walk is kind of frightening.
Shea Hillenbrand-esque. But patience at the plate usually comes with experience, and he can certainly improve upon that. Not every prospect comes out of the minors looking like a Kevin Youkilis.

Zenny
08-11-2004, 06:12 PM
He's had solid strike-zone judgment his entire career. I expect that to come as he adjusts to the league.

CrespoBlows
08-15-2004, 09:32 AM
Hanley went 3-5 with a double and a homerun, bringing his total to 3. His average now stands at .328

Zenny
08-15-2004, 02:08 PM
To quote one of the smartest Sox people I have encountered, "Hanley is the next Miguel Tejada. You look at what he's done and then you have to remind yourself that he's only 20 to grasp how good he really is." It was something like that, but he's right.

elsrbueno
08-18-2004, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by Zenny@Aug 15 2004, 02:08 PM
To quote one of the smartest Sox people I have encountered, "Hanley is the next Miguel Tejada. You look at what he's done and then you have to remind yourself that he's only 20 to grasp how good he really is." It was something like that, but he's right.
Let's hope that Ramirez becomes the next Tejada....that'd be awesome.

Scouts HAVE been wrong before though.

Also, having never seen him play, Ramirez reminds me of Alfonso Soriano a few years ago. Everyone loved his skills, but he put up bad numbers, then finally he was given a shot to play, he starts to succeed.

Thoughts?

CalvnHobs6
08-18-2004, 10:17 PM
This year, with the exception of his injury, he's been very consistent. He played well with the SaraSox, and now with the Sea Dogs, he's hitting .304 with 4 HRs through 16 games. These HRs are surprising, because Hanley has never really been a power hitter. He'd be right up there with the HR and BA leaders if he had been in Portland the whole season. Oh, and by the way, he has 6 stolen bases in the 16 Portland games. The more I hear of him, the more I like him.

CrespoBlows
09-01-2004, 09:55 PM
3-6 night for Hanley with a HR his 5th. Average is now .311

elsrbueno
09-02-2004, 09:20 AM
Peter Gammons said he thought Ramirez would be the Sox starting shortstop in 2006. That would mean we'd see him at least a little next year.

Ramirez seems to get BETTER as he goes up in levels. His defense is much more solid at Portland (2 errors in 29 games), and he's shown a lot more power. He's been striking out more, but that's really the only negative thing. He's even stealing bases at a higher percentage in AA.

CrespoBlows
09-07-2004, 11:49 AM
Good job from Hanley at Portland, we should definatly see a little bit of him by next year.

Zenny
09-07-2004, 05:22 PM
There's a good chance he starts next season in Pawtucket. I wouldn't be surprised at all.

CrespoBlows
09-07-2004, 06:46 PM
bump all of our SS prospects up a level. Hanley to Pawtucket, Pedoria to Portland.

Zenny
09-07-2004, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by CrespoBlows@Sep 7 2004, 07:46 PM
bump all of our SS prospects up a level. Hanley to Pawtucket, Pedoria to Portland.
Pedroia is definitely in Portland next year. The same could probably be said for Hanley in Pawtucket. At the rate these two are going they could be Boston's DP combo at some point next season. *drools*

CalvnHobs6
05-29-2005, 10:20 AM
Figured I'd update this. These are Hanley's 2005 stats in Portland thus far.

PLAYER AVG G AB R H 2B 3B HR RBI BB SO SB CS SLG OBP E TB SAC SF HBP IBB GIDP
H Ramirez .305 38 151 27 46 5 7 2 15 12 23 12 4 .470 .364 6 71 3 0 2 0 5

schillingouttheks
05-29-2005, 10:48 AM
7 triples?!?!?! :shock:

Sizzlin22
05-29-2005, 11:18 AM
By Gammons little theory what do with Rent in 2006 if we want Hanley to start?

Sox fan in Tex
05-29-2005, 11:31 AM

I was thinking the same thing. Rent is locked up for 4 years I believe, and I also believe Gammons was a guy who said that all Red Sox fans would regret being down on Renteria because the big numbers he'll put up. If anything, shouldn't Hanley Ramirez start at 2nd instead? You guys probably know more about Hanley and his talents than I do, because as much as I try to keep up with our farm system, all I can do down here (in Texas) is read the box scores online.

Zenny
05-29-2005, 12:22 PM
Pedroia's going to force the Sox' hand into making him the 2B. Hanley will be a CF or 3B. Personally, I prefer Youk at 3B and Hanley in CF so Youk can get regular playing time and Hanley's athleticism is utilized.

CalvnHobs6
05-29-2005, 12:24 PM
Pedroia's going to force the Sox' hand into making him the 2B. Hanley will be a CF or 3B. Personally, I prefer Youk at 3B and Hanley in CF so Youk can get regular playing time and Hanley's athleticism is utilized.
That would be ideal for me. I love Youkilis, and I've always wanted to see what hanley could do. Plus I'm getting a little sick of Johnny, but I don't know why.

Zenny
06-08-2005, 01:53 PM
Hanley's hiting a moderately disappointing .284/.333/.428 with 8 2B's, 7 3B's and 2 HR's with a 13/26 BB/K. He's been slumping of late. I'd like to see a lot more out of him.

elsrbueno
06-08-2005, 03:15 PM

I made that post (and Gammons said it) before Renteria signed-- obviously he was mistaken.

I'd like to see more Youk at 3rd and Hanley at CF and Pedroia at 2B as well. Although the way Edgar's playing, I wouldn't mind Hanley at short either! (only half kidding here)

ClementRulez30
06-08-2005, 06:54 PM
I made that post (and Gammons said it) before Renteria signed-- obviously he was mistaken.

I'd like to see more Youk at 3rd and Hanley at CF and Pedroia at 2B as well. Although the way Edgar's playing, I wouldn't mind Hanley at short either! (only half kidding here)

I agree with you except the part about Renteria.

Gambit
06-09-2005, 10:27 PM
I was actually pretty upset when they signed Renteria. I was really hoping for a phenom SS to come up with the sox and dazzle MLB and take attention away from Jeter. The Nomar/Jeter days I thought were very interesting... the Nomah's better chants, etc. So I was hoping Hanley would come up and set the league on fire at short... although I suppose replacing Damon in center would be ok too.

I guess I just had my heart set on a Youkilis-Ramirez-Pedroia infield and the signing of Renteria has kinda dashed that hope... although I suppose Rent could be traded a little later.

Matt

soxie thefangirl
06-09-2005, 10:56 PM
doubtful they'll trade him.

Gambit
06-10-2005, 07:05 PM
doubtful they'll trade him.
Well, not this year... but I think he'd be good value to go get a "missing peice" in a year or two, and that would allow Hanley to take over as the starting SS. Never say never on trades... who REALLY thought Theo was going to pull the trigger on Nomar last year? It really wouldn't shock me if Renteria was moved in a year or two.

Matt

stocker323
06-14-2005, 07:55 PM
Hanley was put on the DL this past weekend with a strained back, which was hurt during batting practice. No word on how long he'll be out.

Gambit
06-24-2005, 02:28 AM
Hanley was put on the DL this past weekend with a strained back, which was hurt during batting practice. No word on how long he'll be out.
He just came back from the DL, correct?

Matt

riverside sluggers
06-24-2005, 04:17 AM
dude they just signed edgar to a 4 year $40 million contract. hes producing for us top notch right now when we need him to. do i have to bring up wednesday nights game against cleveland, 2 RBI's including the game winning RBI double in the top of the 9th inning

soxie thefangirl
06-24-2005, 07:21 AM
He is streaky at best.

stocker323
06-24-2005, 07:58 AM
He just came back from the DL, correct?

Matt
Yeah he came back from the DL the other day. They waited for Hanley to come back from the DL to promote Pedroia.

Gambit
06-24-2005, 01:56 PM
dude they just signed edgar to a 4 year $40 million contract. hes producing for us top notch right now when we need him to. do i have to bring up wednesday nights game against cleveland, 2 RBI's including the game winning RBI double in the top of the 9th inning
Hey, I'm not saying I don't like Renteria... but I think when Hanley is ready, I wouldn't particularly mind seeing Rent traded for some top notch relief/starters/whatever is needed.

I mean, would you really be that broken up about it? If we could trade Rent and get some major bullpen help, and then put Ramirez in at Short (if he's truly ready)... I think that is a MAJOR upgrade for the team. Ramirez will (I believe at least) light Fenway on fire, more than Rent can (no knock on Rent), and if you add some bullpen help (or whatever else is needed)... where's the bad in this situation?

Matt

riverside sluggers
06-24-2005, 02:25 PM
well truely yes, ive already grown accustomed to seein #3 out there on the field. first game i went to this season was the sox win over the yanks, 8 - 5. and renterrias homerun was first ever i saw by a red sox player in any games ive been to before then. besides that, i do believe hes producing runs and able to steal bases and keep his K's at a low count thru almost halfway thru the season. so yes, im a fan of Edgahhh Renteria

Gambit
06-24-2005, 03:20 PM
well truely yes, ive already grown accustomed to seein #3 out there on the field. first game i went to this season was the sox win over the yanks, 8 - 5. and renterrias homerun was first ever i saw by a red sox player in any games ive been to before then. besides that, i do believe hes producing runs and able to steal bases and keep his K's at a low count thru almost halfway thru the season. so yes, im a fan of Edgahhh Renteria
Well ditto for me, I like him too. But then again, I loved Nomar, but his being traded strengthened the team in much the same way I am talking about. If you add to that a phenom coming up at short to replace him, I don't see the downside.

Matt

riverside sluggers
06-24-2005, 03:34 PM
tho, edgar is producin more than nomar had done this point last season

Gambit
06-24-2005, 03:41 PM
tho, edgar is producin more than nomar had done this point last season
Indeed... but I see Hanley's potential to be an elite shortstop in the mold of Nomar in his prime, and I really want to see that... and I'd hate for him to switch positions or wait longer to get to the bigs.

But, I suppose we shall see. Maybe I'll eat my hat if he takes over for Damon in center if Damon walks. I just see his potential as a superstar at short... but being "pretty good" in center. Know what I mean? I mean offensively he'd be measured against other outfielders if he played in center... but if he was measured against other middle infielders he'd be a phenom. Whatever.

Matt

riverside sluggers
06-24-2005, 03:47 PM
very true, i do know for sure end of this year will just be exciting sox player changes as it was after the world series when deals were being made

Gambit
07-02-2005, 12:55 AM
So did you guys read that article where Rent said he'd be willing to change positions to make room for Hanley coming up at SS? Wow is that an interesting development...

Matt

Sox fan in Tex
07-02-2005, 01:04 AM
Wow, haven't read that. You have a link, gambit?

riverside sluggers
07-02-2005, 05:47 AM
been lots of talk about it, trust me the nesn pre-game reports that run for an hour before the game starts never to fail to entertain. i myself wouldnt mind a hanley/edgar duo at 2nd and shortstop. I think at first best to god get rid of vazquez. and put hanley there thru 2006 season as backup to 2nd/shortstop. Bellhorn might be finding his groove after teammates and coaches spending time with him during batting practice, including walks and hits he has now reached base safley in the past 10 straight games

soxie thefangirl
07-02-2005, 08:29 AM
And he's got a 5 game hitting streak. Not much, I know. And he did have the only RBI last night.

riverside sluggers
07-02-2005, 08:45 AM
well johnny damon having a homerun did give him a RBI

BoSox Rule
07-19-2005, 02:09 PM
Bump.

Missin_Cabrera
07-19-2005, 04:12 PM
hes a great player and will definantly make an impact once he gets to the majors. Hes a really nice guy also...ive met him a few times and hes a great guy...he will be the next big thing in MLB. AND HES SOOO DAMN GORGEOUS!!!...i been goin to his games all season,...and everytime he does fantastic...so i think he'll do amazing once he gets to the majors.

Missin_Cabrera
07-19-2005, 04:14 PM
should have posted this pic tho.....http://www.licey.com/hramirez.jpg

Tek4pres
07-19-2005, 04:53 PM
He's hot. But he's no Willie McGeehttp://hogwild.net/images/Misc/baseball-willie.mcgee.jpg

Missin_Cabrera
07-19-2005, 07:21 PM
hahah...yea...but hanley isnt juss hot hes sooo gorgeous...and hes even cuter in person...and he has the best hair...lol

bigpapi349
07-19-2005, 07:42 PM
He's hot. But he's no Willie McGeehttp://hogwild.net/images/Misc/baseball-willie.mcgee.jpg
willie mcgees the man

Ringo
07-20-2005, 08:35 AM
Lets stop talkin about how hott Hanley is start talkin about when they're going to bring him up!!!

soxie thefangirl
07-20-2005, 08:45 AM
Hanley's not hot anyways. He's goofy looking.

Missin_Cabrera
07-20-2005, 10:29 AM
Hanley's not hot anyways. He's goofy looking.

no hes not...look at these pics!!! http://redsox.mostvaluablenetwork.com/wp-content/images/hanleyramirez.jpg
http://www.licey.com/hramirez.jpg

Plumpamania
07-20-2005, 09:37 PM
He's hot. . .not....we are mostly guys here...and unless you're a girl, I might have to call you gay.

yeszir
07-20-2005, 09:39 PM
He's hot. . .not....we are mostly guys here...and unless you're a girl, I might have to call you gay.
You've evidently missed the female invasion of talksox. :rolleyes:

riverside sluggers
07-20-2005, 09:39 PM
one thing guys can most agree on here, how about NESN correspondent Hazel Mae? just "wow" went through my mind when I saw her one time at Fenway.

Tek4pres
07-20-2005, 11:56 PM
You've evidently missed the female invasion of talksox. :rolleyes:

Does this mean we can't walk around in our underwear and cuss like sailors anymore? Drat! And just as I got my pirate accent down pat.

yeszir
07-21-2005, 08:12 AM
Does this mean we can't walk around in our underwear and cuss like sailors anymore? Drat! And just as I got my pirate accent down pat.
I'm gonna miss peeing in the water fountains. I mean....

CrespoBlows
07-21-2005, 09:59 AM
I'm gonna miss peeing in the water fountains. I mean....

.. not that I ever did, just saying that if we might wanted to.

I love that episode.

CrespoBlows
07-24-2005, 02:08 PM
Hanley Ramirez is playing 3B today, I kid you not.

Boogie
07-24-2005, 02:13 PM
Hanley Ramirez is playing 3B today, I kid you not.
Since when has Hanley become Chone Figgins?

CrespoBlows
07-24-2005, 02:27 PM

I'll bet he'll play some games at 3rd, then move to CF. Just to give him some experince at all postions.

AgentAnni008
07-24-2005, 04:49 PM
i hope he becomes a figgins. being out here in california i see a lot of him and he is GOOD. hanely is more athletic so if he can put in the hustle like figgins he will be great.

YankeesFan2
07-25-2005, 07:34 AM
hes also so gorgeous and he is good...but i think shortstop and CF r his great positions...he'll prolly do good at third 2...

<<<- Hanely

Missin_Cabrera
07-25-2005, 07:46 AM
hes also so gorgeous and he is good...but i think shortstop and CF r his great positions...he'll prolly do good at third 2...

<<<- Hanely

i agree with you...does ne 1 else think hes gorgeous???...i saw him the other day when i went to his game...we talked and shit...hes cool and i love his voice.......

riverside sluggers
07-25-2005, 07:49 AM
i doubt Hanley will be the 3rd baseman, its just to get him to be a player capable of all positions like Tony G is. Kevin Youkilis will get the starting nod next season since Bill Mueller is more likely to leave during the trade deadline or after this season. I could see if Damon does leave, they might give Hanly a shot during spring training to battle for the starting center fielder

soxie thefangirl
07-25-2005, 07:50 AM
God I hope Damon doesn't leave. That'd be such a downgrade.

Sox Fan on Cape
07-25-2005, 08:05 AM
i doubt Hanley will be the 3rd baseman, its just to get him to be a player capable of all positions like Tony G is. Kevin Youkilis will get the starting nod next season since Bill Mueller is more likely to leave during the trade deadline or after this season. I could see if Damon does leave, they might give Hanly a shot during spring training to battle for the starting center fielder
If that were so, wouldn't he be playing or have played center this year ?

riverside sluggers
07-25-2005, 08:14 AM
he has played center field, but then switched over to shortstop

Sox Fan on Cape
07-25-2005, 08:18 AM
When, I missed that ?

Boogie
07-25-2005, 11:35 AM
I'll bet he'll play some games at 3rd, then move to CF. Just to give him some experince at all postions.
Nothing wrong with him if he became Figgins. He's definetly talented enough to play all of those positions, so why no teach him 3rd, SS, 2nd, and OF, all it does is make him better and more versatile.

elsrbueno
07-25-2005, 12:00 PM
Nothing wrong with him if he became Figgins. He's definetly talented enough to play all of those positions, so why no teach him 3rd, SS, 2nd, and OF, all it does is make him better and more versatile.

Seems to me that with Renteria under contract for 3 years after 2005, the Red Sox are interested to see how Hanley handles other positions. If he becomes a superstar like everyone predicts, it will not be as a utility-man. He'll have one position he'll play everyday where he can fine tune his defensive skills.

While I'd love for the Sox to have Chone Figgins (I think he's an asset to any team with his versatility and energy) I don't see Ramirez becoming that type of player IF he realizes his potential. The Red Sox will want to give him some consistency by playing him every day at the same position.

CrespoBlows
07-25-2005, 12:12 PM

He could be so much more then Figgins, but that would be an extremly valuble guy to have on your team.

CrespoBlows
07-25-2005, 12:13 PM
Seems to me that with Renteria under contract for 3 years after 2005, the Red Sox are interested to see how Hanley handles other positions. If he becomes a superstar like everyone predicts, it will not be as a utility-man. He'll have one position he'll play everyday where he can fine tune his defensive skills.

While I'd love for the Sox to have Chone Figgins (I think he's an asset to any team with his versatility and energy) I don't see Ramirez becoming that type of player IF he realizes his potential. The Red Sox will want to give him some consistency by playing him every day at the same position.

I think their just seeing if he can play CF. He may play 2B next year, he may play 3B, and he may play CF.

Missin_Cabrera
07-25-2005, 12:29 PM
if damon is gone next year they'll most likely bring up hanley...or if they need 3b...then hanley mite come up...he has alot of potential...so im sure they'll bring him up next year or in 2007

BoSox Rule
07-25-2005, 12:46 PM
Hanley needs a full year in AAA.

Missin_Cabrera
07-25-2005, 12:47 PM
i dont think so...i think that hes ready now if he matures during the off season...

CrespoBlows
07-25-2005, 01:07 PM
Hanley needs a full year in AAA.

I agree, he's not ready. He needs to hit higher then .275 to merit a promotion to the bigs.

Shit, you could be Prince Charles in terms of maturity, but if you aren't ready to play in the bigs, you aren't ready.

AgentAnni008
07-25-2005, 02:38 PM
i agree with you...does ne 1 else think hes gorgeous???...i saw him the other day when i went to his game...we talked and shit...hes cool and i love his voice.......
he looks like dave chappelle. konichi wa bitches.

SchillingIsTheNatural
08-23-2005, 08:44 AM
It was nice to finally see this guy play yesturday. You can sense the great potential and I'm guessing he would move to Pawtucket next year. He had a nice double and a hard shot up the middle that was played nicely by the Trenton Thunder 2B. I know he has struggled this year but I still can't wait to see how he looks a few years from now.

CrespoBlows
04-12-2006, 02:19 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hanley_Ramirez

Did Missin Cabera hijack that article?

Hanley Ram&#237;rez is a baseball player in the Florida Marlins organization whose position is shortstop. He was born on December 23, 1983 in Samana in the Dominican Republic, and currently resides in Santo Domingo.

After joining the Boston Red Sox during Spring Training in 2005, Ramirez played for their Double-A affiliate the Portland Sea Dogs for the majority of the season. Ram&#237;rez was considered one of the top-rated prospects in the Red Sox organization before being traded to the Marlins on November 21, 2005 for SP Josh Beckett, RP Guillermo Mota, and 3B Mike Lowell. That deal also sent relief pitchers Anibal Sanchez, Jes&#250;s Delgado and Harvey Garc&#237;a to Florida.

He spent most of the 2004 and 2005 seasons with Double-A Portland. In 2004 in Portland he hit .310, with 5 home runs, 15 RBIs, and 12 stolen bases in 32 games. 2005 saw a reduction in batting average from Ram&#237;rez, but overall he still had excellent offensive production and was called up to the major leagues in September of 2005.

His first major league at bat was a strikeout on September 20, 2005 against the Tampa Bay Devil Rays.

During Spring Training in 2006, Ramirez was impressive enough to earn the starting shortstop job for the Marlins. OBTW Hanley is h0tt he has great hair and a tight ass. wow.

:wtf:

KeepTheFaith1229
04-12-2006, 02:21 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hanley_Ramirez

Did Missin Cabera hijack that article?

:wtf:

HAHAHAHA

ORS
04-12-2006, 02:25 PM
That's funny.