PDA

View Full Version : thoughts on Pats vs. Dolphins 11/13

BrentD22
11-14-2005, 10:28 AM
http://www.fanhut.com/Images/NFL-Replica/PatriotsM.gif

@

http://i.walmart.com/i/p/00/80/94/18/26/0080941826034_215X215.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well I thought about taking a break on the Pats Game threads, but after this week I thought we could talk about this past game and the season's upcoming games.

This game was scarey because we allowed 365 passing yards from a well below avg. QB. This tells me something. What ever teams want to do to us they'll do on the offensive side of the ball. If they want to run they'll run, if they want to pass they'll pass. There was some light at the end of the tunnel for the defense, but it was dim at best. Bruschi has brought back a jump in their step, but they'll need more than that to get it done. Rankings aside we are basiclly the worst defense in the league.

Our offense looked good dispite a ton of injuries. Ben Watson finally got some real playing time and caught 2 TD's. I still believe Ben can be a big weapon for us if used correctly... Screen passes that he catches behind the line of scrimmage then running for 15 yards after smashing over 3 would be tacklers. Our running back crew is sorry. Corey Dillon is out of shape and it's showing. Heath Evans had a gutsy effort, but I can't amagine he'll be that effective next week. Teams got a look at him and they won't allow what the Dolphins allowed. Our play calling sucks. We need to open up the field more. If we are having trouble with our running game we need to set-up the running game with some long passes. Plus we've had good luck with the long passing game.

The GOOD part out of all of this is that the regular season is going to be much like a pre-season effort for us. We will make the play-offs and hopefully by then we'll have everything put together ready for another Super Bowl run.

riverside sluggers
11-14-2005, 11:14 AM
There was some light at the end of the tunnel for the defense, but it was dim at best. Bruschi has brought back a jump in their step, but they'll need more than that to get it done. Rankings aside we are basiclly the worst defense in the league.

um reason why frerotte had to throw is a lot is because the patriots defense had basically stymied the Miami running game. 77 yards being a season low for the patriots which has been a problme for thm. Defense was actually looking brighter not dim than usual. Ellis Hobbs showed yesterday why he was drafted: 7 tackles, fumble recovered, interception, and 4 pass defelects. How about the Red Zone? Just about every time the defense has allowed a touchdown but no this game sparked memories of 2004 and other great seasons. Dolphins on the 5 yard line and go 4 and out

Heath Evans could have another good game, remember its the Saints that they are playing

ognuola
11-14-2005, 11:28 AM
um reason why frerotte had to throw is a lot is because the patriots defense had basically stymied the Miami running game. 77 yards being a season low for the patriots which has been a problme for thm. Defense was actually looking brighter not dim than usual. Ellis Hobbs showed yesterday why he was drafted: 7 tackles, fumble recovered, interception, and 4 pass defelects. How about the Red Zone? Just about every time the defense has allowed a touchdown but no this game sparked memories of 2004 and other great seasons. Dolphins on the 5 yard line and go 4 and out

I agree with you completely the front seven looked solid and are improving every week.The secondary is the weak spot of course where ellis hobbs shined, eugene wilson has been playing poor and needs to step up big and that really all falls on the other safeties shoulders whoever it ,may be michael stone ,james sanders. randall gay
I saw james sanders in for a couple plays he looked alright .
I was really impressed with the offense with all the people they had out yesterday they still fought through it no givens was the biggest hit in my opinion putting all the double teams on branch I think even if they play the same way they did today they should beat new orleans by 10 their running game is gone offensive line is hurt joe horn is just recovering from injury. I would love to hold antowain smith to 10 yds

stocker323
11-14-2005, 03:21 PM
I'll just copy and paste what I said in the other thread.

Big win for the Pats today, Ellis Hobbs really emerged as a dependable cornerback and the linebackers also had a solid game as well. It really made up for the mediocre showing by the Pats offense today. Heath Evans looked great in the 1st half running the ball, but seemed to slow down back to his normal self in the 2nd half. And as usual Brady does it in the clutch.

Sox Fan on Cape
11-14-2005, 04:03 PM
I'll just copy and paste what I said in the other thread.

Big win for the Pats today, Ellis Hobbs really emerged as a dependable cornerback and the linebackers also had a solid game as well. It really made up for the mediocre showing by the Pats offense today. Heath Evans looked great in the 1st half running the ball, but seemed to slow down back to his normal self in the 2nd half. And as usual Brady does it in the clutch.
All good points. I think that Miami adjusted in the second half to stop the run. Consequently, it opened some things up for Brady. Also the offensive line is pretty beat up and there alot of subs to rest them. Hobbs is been one of my favorites from preseason. If we didn't have such a depleted secondary, I'd have him doing returns too.