PDA

View Full Version : Pats Gay & Koppen on DL

Sox Fan on Cape
11-16-2005, 05:06 AM
Damn the hits just keep on coming. Patriots placed DB Randall Gay and OL Dan Koppen on the DL. They will be lost for the season. To fill the roster, the Pats the signed CB Artrell Hawkins and OL Gene MruczKowski. How much more of this can we take ?

Link : http://www.patriots.com/news/index....d=13930&pcid=47

MC Hammer
11-16-2005, 07:23 AM
I really hope this doesn't start a big "woe is me" thread. Injuries are part of football and you just have to play through them ... every team has them.

Sox Fan on Cape
11-16-2005, 07:42 AM
I really hope this doesn't start a big "woe is me" thread. Injuries are part of football and you just have to play through them ... every team has them.
No, don't think so. Just it hurts to see the extent of injuries especially quality ( Pro Bowl ) and first stringers and theire back-ups. On defense Harrison, Tedy, Semour, 4 corners , couple of safeties. On offense, our starting left tackle, our center, all three running backs. Plus the guys playing hurt. You're 100% correct it's part of football. Doesn't mean as a fan I'm going to be trilled about it. Because the East is so weak, the Pats will probably make the play-offs. It's how well they'll match up with the rest of the AFC in the play-offs. This I'm not real confident about.

MC Hammer
11-16-2005, 08:09 AM
No, don't think so. Just it hurts to see the extent of injuries especially quality ( Pro Bowl ) and first stringers and theire back-ups. On defense Harrison, Tedy, Semour, 4 corners , couple of safeties. On offense, our starting left tackle, our center, all three running backs. Plus the guys playing hurt. You're 100% correct it's part of football. Doesn't mean as a fan I'm going to be trilled about it. Because the East is so weak, the Pats will probably make the play-offs. It's how well they'll match up with the rest of the AFC in the play-offs. This I'm not real confident about.
I wasn't saying you were "woe is me"ing it. Just didn't want anyone else to start. You guys have sure had your fair share of injuries this year, but considering how good you've done in the last few years I have exactly 0 pitty for you. You guys will get to the playoffs like you said, and once there, anything can happen.