PDA

View Full Version : R. Bush Wins Heisman

Sizzlin22
12-10-2005, 10:45 PM
Apparently he had the highest percentage of first place votes EVER! Geeze that kid is explosive.

Manny Goes Boom
12-10-2005, 10:48 PM
Thats good, he deserved it. The Fresno game probably cemented it for him.

schillingouttheks
12-10-2005, 10:50 PM
Rightfully deserved. Nice job Reggie.

See Red
12-10-2005, 10:56 PM
He definetely deserved it. He's been amazing to watch.

yankeessuck013
12-10-2005, 10:56 PM
As if there was another choice? I don't really think this was in doubt.

yankeessuck013
12-10-2005, 11:02 PM
Apparently he had the highest percentage of first place votes EVER! Geeze that kid is explosive.

Yup, he got 85% of the 1st Place Votes which is just....WoW!

Sizzlin22
12-10-2005, 11:10 PM
The kids gonna be a an outstanding pro. I don't care ho undersized he is, just run him around the tackles every play.

See Red
12-10-2005, 11:39 PM
He'll be a Dante Hall type at the very, very least.

Soxfan#1
12-11-2005, 12:47 PM
He deserved it. This guy reminded me of Magget in The longest Yard. Another Question though. Who will be drafted first Leinart or Bush?

RedSoxRooter
12-11-2005, 01:02 PM
I thought Leinart was going pro after this season. Bush can go pro or go back to school I think.

schillingouttheks
12-11-2005, 01:15 PM
Bush will go pro. It depends on who gets the first pick. In my opinion, if you have a shot at Bush, you need to take him. Unless you're the Packers, who would need Leinart to take over for Favre after this season. I see the Texans, Jets, and 49ers all Bush teams. The Packers need Leinart. However, if Bush gets taken, and you have a shot at Leinart, you definitely need to take Leinart, even if you don't need him. Then trade him away to a team who does need him for some serious talent in return.

Soxfan#1
12-11-2005, 01:16 PM
I think the Texans would draft Leinart. Is Carr any good?

stocker323
12-11-2005, 01:55 PM
It's got to be Bush. Every team looks to have problems at the RB situation that is up there. Jets have the uncertainty of Curtis Martin. Dominick Davis is an average back at best for Houston. Ahman Green and Deuce McAllister have had serious injuries this season and they could always trade one of them if they draft Bush.

ORS
12-11-2005, 02:09 PM
Bush will go pro. It depends on who gets the first pick. In my opinion, if you have a shot at Bush, you need to take him. Unless you're the Packers, who would need Leinart to take over for Favre after this season. I see the Texans, Jets, and 49ers all Bush teams. The Packers need Leinart. However, if Bush gets taken, and you have a shot at Leinart, you definitely need to take Leinart, even if you don't need him. Then trade him away to a team who does need him for some serious talent in return.
As talented as Bush is, I can see the Packers taking Bush in the draft and taking their chances with Aaron Rodgers at the QB position.

jimmycarter05
12-11-2005, 05:18 PM
I think the Texans would draft Leinart. Is Carr any good?

Nah, Houston will get Bush, while Green Bay will get Leinhart, think about it, Green Bay is gonna need a QB

YanksHater213
12-11-2005, 05:19 PM
...they have Aaron Rodgers. No way they pick Leinart.

JimBrown32
12-11-2005, 05:25 PM
Nah, Houston will get Bush, while Green Bay will get Leinhart, think about it, Green Bay is gonna need a QB

I seriously doubt it, the Texans really need a QB, plus, quarterbacks usually are drafted first. Seems like most years anyway.

ORS
12-11-2005, 05:47 PM
Any team that takes Leinart over Bush is just plain crazy IMO. Reggie is one of those once every 10-20 years type players. I don't even think Leinart would be the best QB in the draft if Brady Quinn decides to skip his senior year.

I think it's a two-horse race between Houston and SF at this point. Whoever ends up with the #2 pick could be in a very interesting position. Both have some young QBs that they could decide to stick with and trade away the pick to a team desperate for a good young arm.

RedRuffing15
12-11-2005, 06:12 PM
There is a possibility that Bush may not be a number 1 pick...Dominic Davis has a great looking future, and even though a trade would be easy, I see the Texans taking a different approch, OL. I'm not much for NCAA, but I hear This D'brickshaw Furgason is the best OLman to come out of the draft in 15 years or so. Packers have Aaron Rogers, so I don't see them getting Leinhart. I really would wish that the Jets get Bush, but with todays win, I think they've pulled outta that race. Maybe If they trade whatever pick they get(#4 maybe?) next years 1st, or a 2nd, or a 1st-2nd and a player, they could get 1st overall??

ORS
12-11-2005, 06:23 PM
There is a possibility that Bush may not be a number 1 pick...Dominic Davis has a great looking future, and even though a trade would be easy, I see the Texans taking a different approch, OL.
This is definitely a possibility, but if that is their approach coming into the draft then it would make a lot more sense to trade the #1 spot away for a bunch of picks (and that is what it will take to pass on Bush IMO) because one O-Lineman won't rebuild a line, you need several. If that is what happens, I think it is safe to assume that the team trading up to the #1 spot has Bush in mind.

As far as Davis goes, I'm not doubting that he is a good NFL RB. However, good NFL RBs are readily avaiable. Reggie Bush is special. He's in the LT/Barry Sanders category. He's the type of RB that totally changes the game and game plan of opposing teams. Before you call me crazy, I remember watching Barry play at OK-State, and Reggie Bush is the only college player since that reminds me of him.

eZ_d0eS_iT?
12-13-2005, 07:32 PM
While the Jets can seriously use an effective, healthy QB, the only reason they wouldn't take Leinart is because they are CHEAP! I wouldn't be surprised if they traded down to get multiple picks in the mid to late 1 round and early 2nd round. Sad to say, but i think barring a miracle, Pennington's career as a starter may be over.

Its a lock houston will take Bush (after the last minute field goal wide left last weekend - CMON!). David Carr isn't doing that bad a job to make them draft another QB, especially considering he was so ineffective for most of the season since was either on his back or running for his life behind that sieve of an O-line. As far as Houston taking an O-lineman w/1st pick... not in this draft. I agree with Red Seat they will either keep the pick and take Bush or trade down like the Jets in order to secure cheaper picks to address multiple needs. As much as I think Leinart was a great college QB, I don't think he translates into the 1st overall pick - talent wise - so I doubt team like Houston and Green Bay who already drafted young QBs last year will be tempted to waste a pick on him, unless they were gonna draft him and trade him to a team willing to give up players and multiple picks.

Sizzlin22
12-14-2005, 08:01 PM
I seriously doubt it, the Texans really need a QB, plus, quarterbacks usually are drafted first. Seems like most years anyway.You're right normally that is the case. But a player of Reggie Bush's caliber only comes along once in a great while, this guy is Gale Sayers / Jim Brown / Walter Payton good. He would make almsot any Quarterback better because teams would have to cover the run so much.

BoSox84
12-14-2005, 08:49 PM
As a Packer fan I think i can ay we wont take Leinart. I think our GM is leaking all the stories about us scouting him, as a way to trade down. What good is reggie Bush going to do with no O-line? He can be the best back in the world, but if no one blocks he's going no where. What scares me about Bush is everyone he's being compared to, he's great and all but the bar is so high it's gonna be hard to get it.

JimBrown32
12-15-2005, 12:09 PM
You're right normally that is the case. But a player of Reggie Bush's caliber only comes along once in a great while, this guy is Gale Sayers / Jim Brown / Walter Payton good. He would make almsot any Quarterback better because teams would have to cover the run so much.

Don't even think about putting anyone in the same league as Jim Brown, he's simply on a whole different level. JB is the best no doubts, he could blow right past anyone today, Gale Sayers was a great player, great on kick returns and stuff, but he didn't have the skills JB did. Walter Payton? Sweetness is good, but to put him in the same league as JB is just asinine, it's an insult to Jim Brown. No one will ever be that good again, he's not even close, never will be the level of Brown.

Sox Fan on Cape
12-15-2005, 06:16 PM
Don't even think about putting anyone in the same league as Jim Brown, he's simply on a whole different level. JB is the best no doubts, he could blow right past anyone today, Gale Sayers was a great player, great on kick returns and stuff, but he didn't have the skills JB did. Walter Payton? Sweetness is good, but to put him in the same league as JB is just asinine, it's an insult to Jim Brown. No one will ever be that good again, he's not even close, never will be the level of Brown.

Jim Brown was one of my favorite players to watch. I was truly depressed to see him retire at his peak to start a movie career. His movie career was a joke. Watch Jim run watch Jim die early in the film. Walter Payton was a totally different kind of back that played in a different era. There is no comparison, they are different. You can't say there will never be a back better, unless you have a better crystal ball than the rest of the world.

ARod2212
12-15-2005, 11:29 PM
The only guy I've seen who looks comparable to Bush in the league right now is Tomlinson, and anybody that good is the best place to build your franchise around. If the Jets can make a move to get that pick, I would be eternally grateful.

JimBrown32
12-16-2005, 11:58 AM
Jim Brown was one of my favorite players to watch. I was truly depressed to see him retire at his peak to start a movie career. His movie career was a joke. Watch Jim run watch Jim die early in the film. Walter Payton was a totally different kind of back that played in a different era. There is no comparison, they are different. You can't say there will never be a back better, unless you have a better crystal ball than the rest of the world.

He didn't need to go to the movie business, he was a total joke.

JimBrown32
12-16-2005, 11:59 AM

He played with much weaker equipment, and those hits were a lot harder. He had to deal with Sam Huff, guys like that. It was so different, yeah, but the difference is that Jim Brown played better in a tougher era, today he would average about 6 yards a carry and he smoke the record books. JB is the best, no discussion. Reggie Bush plays college, you really think he's going to be as good when he plays with the big boys? Seriously, that comment about Bush and Tomlinson is an insult to all the guys out there that are definetly better than Bush is, you ever heard of Shaun Alexander? He's way better than Bush, and he plays with the big leaguers. No disrespect to Bush, but he still has to prove himself in the NFL before he can be even mentioned with those guys, and to be mentioned with Jimmy is just not going to happen. Maybe in your world, but JB's just on a whole different planet, he was the best, even with the disadvantages that he had. Jim Brown> The NFL. JB's the best there ever was. It's like comparing Dan Marino with Matt Leinart. We all know who's the best.

RedRuffing15
12-16-2005, 12:45 PM
He played with much weaker equipment, and those hits were a lot harder. He had to deal with Sam Huff, guys like that. It was so different, yeah, but the difference is that Jim Brown played better in a tougher era, today he would average about 6 yards a carry and he smoke the record books. JB is the best, no discussion. Reggie Bush plays college, you really think he's going to be as good when he plays with the big boys? Seriously, that comment about Bush and Tomlinson is an insult to all the guys out there that are definetly better than Bush is, you ever heard of Shaun Alexander? He's way better than Bush, and he plays with the big leaguers. No disrespect to Bush, but he still has to prove himself in the NFL before he can be even mentioned with those guys, and to be mentioned with Jimmy is just not going to happen. Maybe in your world, but JB's just on a whole different planet, he was the best, even with the disadvantages that he had. Jim Brown> The NFL. JB's the best there ever was. It's like comparing Dan Marino with Matt Leinart. We all know who's the best.
Well, you know my position of Jim Brown, he is the best, and he went to SU!!.. bUT Compairing proven NFL greats to undrafted college kids isn't, for lack of a better word, fair. We have no idea that Matt Leinhart won't be the Next Marino.....or maybe next ryan leaf...we don't know. But what we do know, is that Jim Brown played in the hard days, not as many player safe rules as there are today.
also, Jim Brown played 4 games less a year, and Jim brown played for 4 years, and 2 less for 5, I mean just imagine what Jim Browns numbers would look like with 26 more games to play

I did the math, he averaged 104 yards a game, times 26, thats and extra 2,704

I mean and extra 3000 yards to him stats.

So Jim Brown is the best, but I'm sure one day, someone could be better

ORS
12-17-2005, 03:10 PM
This should come as no surprise.

Citing several sources, the Los Angeles Daily News reported that Bush will turn pro. Bush already is being advised by Reebok representative Mike Ornstein.

Officially, Bush, who practiced Friday for the first time since winning the Heisman Trophy on Dec. 10, said he'll probably announce whether he'll return to Southern California for his senior season a few days after the Rose Bowl.espn.com (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2263611)

Sox fan in Tex
12-18-2005, 04:05 PM
It would be stupid for the Texans to take Leinart. The thing you don't realize if you don't watch the Texans on a weekly basis is that David Carr is not that bad. He's not really surrounded by the best O-line to say the least. He's still developing into a good quarterback and with Bush in the backfield that will take a great deal of pressure off Carr.

YankeeDoodle
12-19-2005, 06:43 PM
The Texans have no line.

eZ_d0eS_iT?
12-19-2005, 07:04 PM
the more i think about it, while initially thought the fix was in w/texas to draft bush, it does make more sense if they can essentially do what san diego did a couple of years back and package the pick for either mulitple 1st or 2nd round picks + players in order to address their needs. while they have snatched defeat from the jaws of victory more than once this season, they have showed flashes that they can be consistently more competitve with maybe a couple key additions.

while san fran could use several players as well to get more talent at key positions, do you really think they'll pass on bush? if anything, having bush might help alex smith's learning curve with less pressure on his shoulders. and if houston trades the pick, who do you think might be desperate enough to think they are 1 player (bush) away from the superbowl?

while the raiders might* be willing to take a chance on leinart, i think new orleans takes him (which would definitley suck for him) since it appears aaron brooks' days in new orleans is numbered.