PDA

View Full Version : Prospect claim

CrespoBlows
02-19-2006, 02:07 PM
I'm wondering if we can make a sticky page, that informs everyone on who owns what prospect. I wouldn't be opposed if we started a new prospect claiming page, because I think three people have Ellsbury. EDIT* I went ahead and started one, here's a few of them.

Jon Lester-stocker323 (thread created)
Craig Hansen- yankeessuck013 (all threads merged into 1 thread now)
Dustin Pedroia- whereisnomar (already a huge thread started on him made by Crespo)
Manny Delcarmen- CityofChampions33 (formerly Chitallion Stallion) (thread made already)
Jacoby Ellsbury- Open (thread already made by Crespo)
David Murphy- SchillingistheNatural (thread created)
Brandon Moss- Open (thread already made by Crespo)
Jed Lowrie- Crespo Blows (thread created)
Clay Bucholz- Open (thread already created)
Luis Soto- elsrbueno (thread created)
David Pauley- Open (no thread created yet)
Abe Alvarez- yeszir (thread created)
Edgar Martinez- Open (no thread created yet)
Micheal Bowden- ksushi (thread created)
Ryan Phillips- riverside sluggers (No thread Created)
Mike Rozier- Open (No Thread Created)
Chris Durbin- RedGuitar985 (Thread Created)
Andrew Pickney- One Red Seat (no thread created)
Jeff Corsaletti- Open (No Thread Created)
Jon Egan- Open (No Thread Created)
Felix Doubrant- Riverside Sluggers (Thread created)

stocker323
02-19-2006, 02:13 PM
Well technically I think you have Ellsbury since you claimed him first. I know I have Lester but I haven't updated that in ages. I have a lot of time since I'm on school break right now and I'll be getting oral surgery done on Tuesday so I'll be laying around at home pretty much all this week so I will try to get around to it. I'll start now, I was considering locking threads for prospects who are no longer in the organization but then I realized people might want them left open if people want to update how they are doing in their respective organizations. People can let me know what they think.

yeszir
02-19-2006, 02:13 PM
We can start a new one.

stocker323
02-19-2006, 02:15 PM
Well as I said I know I have Lester and you have Ellsbury. I'll go do some searches see if there are any active members who have claims on guys you mentioned. Otherwise I would say they're up for grabs.

CrespoBlows
02-19-2006, 02:15 PM
Well technically I think you have Ellsbury since you claimed him first. I know I have Lester but I haven't updated that in ages. I have a lot of time since I'm on school break right now and I'll be getting oral surgery done on Tuesday so I'll be laying around at home pretty much all this week so I will try to get around to it. I'll start now, I was considering locking threads for prospects who are no longer in the organization but then I realized people might want them left open if people want to update how they are doing in their respective organizations. People can let me know what they think.

Kinda useless to do updates on players who aren't in our system. I know Hanley Ramirez' stalker would want to do that, but it's not really needed to do updates on ex-prospects. I guess if you wanted to though, it wouldn't bother me.

CrespoBlows
02-19-2006, 02:16 PM
I'll do Jed Lowrie, I'll leave any other prospect I had unclaimed.

ORS
02-19-2006, 02:32 PM
I'll claim Pinckney. This year should tell if the work he did prior to last year resulted in a permanent change or if it was a fluke.

stocker323
02-19-2006, 02:35 PM
I'll claim Pinckney. This year should tell if the work he did prior to last year resulted in a permanent change or if it was a fluke.

You had someone else as well, but as I was compiling my list I accidentally deleted it but I'll tell you who that was when I find it. If you want to switch to Pinckney that should be fine as well.

EDIT: It was Clay Buchholz.

ORS
02-19-2006, 02:40 PM
Wow, that is news to me. I just did a quick scan of the old "Claim a Prospect" thread and had no posts in there. As the season approaches, if there are some left on the list, I may pick up another one or two, but for now I'll leave others a chance to claim someone.

stocker323
02-19-2006, 02:41 PM
Wow, that is news to me. I just did a quick scan of the old "Claim a Prospect" thread and had no posts in there. As the season approaches, if there are some left on the list, I may pick up another one or two, but for now I'll leave others a chance to claim someone.

Yeah you didn't technically "claim" him but there's a thread titled Clay Buchholz in the Minor Leagues forum started by you so I kind of assigned him to you. If you want to leave him open that is fine.

ORS
02-19-2006, 02:45 PM
For now, I'll leave him open for others, but if noboby picks him up I'll post updates to that thread.

KeepTheFaith1229
02-19-2006, 02:53 PM
I thought I had Hansen...

stocker323
02-19-2006, 02:54 PM
OK so what I did is I looked through the minor league forum and looked to see which prospects on your list had been claimed. If your name is next to a prospect that means that either you have once claimed him in the official claim a prospect thread or you have started a thread titled by the prospect's name. I then edited Crespo's list so it's consistent with the one at the top of the page. If you feel you don't want that prospect anymore or want to switch to an open prospect just post here and we will change it. Please do not create new threads about players which have already have threads on them. Just search the minor league forum for the player and you should be able to find it. I put down whether that prospect had a thread on him already or not. Thanks.

stocker323
02-19-2006, 02:56 PM
I thought I had Hansen...

Well YS made a thread long long long ago but I'm not sure if it was in the purpose of claiming him but it was way before you did. If he doesn't want him then you can certainly have him.

ORS
02-19-2006, 02:58 PM
Pinckney already has a thread, but I don't like it, any way to delete it stocker?

stocker323
02-19-2006, 02:59 PM
Pinckney already has a thread, but I don't like it, any way to delete it stocker?

Yep can do. I think I searched Pickney which is why I didn't see it. Alright it's deleted feel free to make your own.

ORS
02-19-2006, 03:02 PM
Thanks, I'll get to work.

riverside sluggers
02-19-2006, 03:06 PM
I have Jonathan Egan, catcher who was drafted last year.

stocker323
02-19-2006, 03:10 PM
I have Jonathan Egan, catcher who was drafted last year.

Indeed you do, an oversight on my part. I will update the list.

riverside sluggers
02-19-2006, 03:19 PM
Its cool, i was just double checking.

Here is his scouting report. There's a good possibility he will be seeing some time in Lowell this year. http://soxprospects.com/players/egan-jonathan.htm

EDIT: If possible Id also like to claim a not much talked about drafted pitcher named Ryan Phillips. http://soxprospects.com/players/phillips-ryan.htm

stocker323
02-19-2006, 03:24 PM
Its cool, i was just double checking.

Here is his scouting report. There's a good possibility he will be seeing some time in Lowell this year. http://soxprospects.com/players/egan-jonathan.htm

EDIT: If possible Id also like to claim a not much talked about drafted pitcher named Ryan Phillips. http://soxprospects.com/players/phillips-ryan.htm

Yeah that'll be fine just post those in your threads, this thread should be used for claiming of prospects.

riverside sluggers
02-19-2006, 03:48 PM
Stocker, for now I am withdrawing my claim of Jonathan Egan. As I have just become aware that last September Egan was stopped by police and found in possession of cocaine. For that puts a sour taste in my mouth.

stocker323
02-19-2006, 03:51 PM
Stocker, for now I am withdrawing my claim of Jonathan Egan. As I have just become aware that last September Egan was stopped by police and found in possession of cocaine. For that puts a sour taste in my mouth.

Interesting, ok.

ORS
07-01-2006, 07:49 AM
I'm dropping Pinckney. Now that I've started working full-time, I've got very little time for to follow a 24 y/o in high-A with a .700 OPS. It doesn't look like the Sox struck late round gold this time.

Rdsxmbnt
07-04-2006, 06:39 PM
can I take Jason Place?

SoxFan02
07-21-2006, 07:15 PM
Can I take EMart and Rozier

CrespoBlows
07-21-2006, 07:16 PM
No one else has them. You can take them.

zackredsox
07-19-2008, 07:02 PM
I'll claim Michael Almanzar.

Boris
10-25-2008, 06:59 PM
yuh huh