PDA

View Full Version : Displaced Tigers Fan

jackandblue
07-08-2004, 10:58 AM
Hey, folks -

I'm a Detroit Tigers fan living in Syracuse, NY, but probably moving to Boston in the next year or so. My wife has taken a new job in Newton, MA, and if it all works out, we'll be making the move to Red Sox country.

Just thought I'd join this board to get a feel for things in the Red Sox Nation. Thanks for putting up with me.

Oh, and I'm glad we could be of service this week by taking 2 out of 3 from The Evil Empire!

Jack

elsrbueno
07-08-2004, 12:33 PM
Jack,
Welcome! Hope you enjoy tour posting and reading on this board. We get a bit emotional about our Red Sox sometimes (as you'll notice) but overall it's a good place to talk about the Sox (and MLB too)

Tim

softball
07-08-2004, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by jackandblue@Jul 8 2004, 10:58 AM
Hey, folks -

I'm a Detroit Tigers fan living in Syracuse, NY, but probably moving to Boston in the next year or so. My wife has taken a new job in Newton, MA, and if it all works out, we'll be making the move to Red Sox country.

Just thought I'd join this board to get a feel for things in the Red Sox Nation. Thanks for putting up with me.

Oh, and I'm glad we could be of service this week by taking 2 out of 3 from The Evil Empire!

Jack
My dad used to live in Syracuse =D

(Go Detroit!!)

RedSoxRooter
07-08-2004, 04:45 PM
Welcome to the site! So are you considering converting to a Red Sox fan, or are you just here to laugh at us?

I always liked the Tigers - probably because I saw an old Roy Schieder movie called Tigertown when I was young. Just a classic franchise who are finally getting it back together. It's about time. ;)

elsrbueno
07-12-2004, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by RedSoxRooter@Jul 8 2004, 04:45 PM
Welcome to the site! So are you considering converting to a Red Sox fan, or are you just here to laugh at us?

I always liked the Tigers - probably because I saw an old Roy Schieder movie called Tigertown when I was young. Just a classic franchise who are finally getting it back together. It's about time. ;)
Only a true crazy person would contemplate such a conversion! ;)

The Tigres may look bad NOW....but they'll eventually turn things around...

jackandblue
07-15-2004, 12:22 PM
The Tigers are definitely on the way back, and I couldn't be happier. Nope, not planning a conversion. Just like hanging out with other serious baseball fans.

Living in Syracuse, I've learned to appreciate Syracuse University basketball and football, even though I'm a Michigan guy. As long as the Orange aren't playing my Wolverines, I'll pull for 'em. I guess I'll eventually get that way with the Sox, too. As long as they're not playing the Tigers, they'll get my support.

schillingouttheks
07-15-2004, 09:00 PM
hey jack, i live around newton, would be cool to see u maybe. were u guys freaking out at the i-rod ordeal? let me tell u, maroth has turned it around like ive never seen before, and u gotta love the way the tigers got rid of weaver, great for u guys but on a downhill slope. it seems like lately the tigers have gotten very aggressive in their scouting, and yes, thank you for the great series u had with the yanks, even though this post is a little late.