PDA

View Full Version : Banned!

RedSoxRooter
07-13-2004, 07:26 PM
:o

As some of you know, I posted on *another* baseball site for close to 4 years. That site is actually how I found this one. Anyway, over the course of 4 years and 1100 posts, I managed to get warned exactly twice over posts I made.

Now, I know I don't always post relevant, funny or even legible posts, and I do/did get caught up in the Yanks/Red Sox fights every once in a while - especially last year. But that's just fighting the good fight if you ask me. I honestly don't think I've ever been mean to anyone not considered a Yankee fan - and even with them I've been civil.

Anyway, the first time I was warned was after the Yanks lost the World Series last year. I started a thread called Yankees Suck then posted Yankees Suck about 10 times in 50pt type. It was a thing of beauty to my drunken eyes. Yes it was juvenile, BUT I had taken enough Red Sox bashing to last a lifetime after the Aaron Boone hr so I was mad and it was payback time. Of course the thread was closed after about 5 minutes so nobody really even responded to it - and I was warned (for starting a thread with the same name as another current thread).

Strike 1.

The second time I was warned was the Saturday after the recent Yankees series in the Bronx. Some annoying Yankee fan started a "Greatest Moment in Yankee History" thread. It was your typical masturbatorial Yankee thread. I don't understand how in the long storied history of the NY Yankees the Aaron Boone HR can rank as the best, or even in the top 4, but there it was in a poll - and it had votes.

Now, keep in mind this is the Saturday after the Yankees series. How were you feeling that morning? The Sox were riding a 4 game losing streak after getting their ass handed to them in the Bronx then lost to the Braves in extra innings the night before. Remember? Well, I was pretty pissed off. I started to think, "give me something to shut these Yankee jerks up". I decided I'd post the worst "Moment" in Yankee history. So I did.

That moment is August 2, 1979. As a matter of fact, that's exactly what I posted:

"August 2, 1979"

Nothing else.. just the date. If anyone wanted to find out what I was talking about, they'd need to find out on their own.

I thought it was perfect. All these 11 and 13 year old Yankee fans who think the Wakefield HR is one of the top 4 Yankee Moments of all time - well, screw them. The date just sat there, nobody "got it" for almost 2 hours. At that time the date was removed and a mod said that post wouldn't be tolerated.

I got an email saying I had been warned a second time.

Strike 2, right? Nope. I'm banned for life. At least my username anyway.

Oh well. Live and learn. I just figured to those of you who may have noticed the little "banned" marker under my username that I didn't do anything too terrible (you always wonder when you see the Banned text). I thought I was just fighting the good fight with a lot of sarcasm and anger...

For those of you wondering, August 2, 1979 is the day Matt Riley of Baltimore was born. It's also the day Thurman Munson died - depending how you interpret it...

yagmaster
07-13-2004, 08:40 PM
It'll take more than Yankee bashing to get banned from this site.

Old Hoss
07-16-2004, 12:04 AM
That was pretty good reading. The things that are said and done any of the sites is tame compared to what goes on in real life. I remember when I worked at a club in Boston years ago; a guy came into the club wearing a Yankee hat; I said it might be good idea to remove the hat or someone's ass could be kicked when the alcohol took affect. He said if anyone's ass was getting kicked it would be a Sox fan. I said, "Welcome to the club and good luck, you're gonna' need it." Three hours later he was lieing on the sidewalk with a messed up face and his Yankee hat shoved down the sewer. Apparantly some Sox fans took offense to that obnoxious fool saying something about the Sox choking all the time. As a good Sox fan, I turned the other way as I saw no GOOD reason to get involved.

trot4mvp
07-16-2004, 07:01 AM
I think I could say that I would have reacted the same way...

I love how Red Sox-Yankees fights can break out at Fenway, even when the two teams aren't playing each other. I was at Fenway in August last summer...Pedro v. Pettitte. Must've seen like 10 fights. But that's not the only time you'll see it. I was at the Dodgers game in June (Pedro v. Nomo?) and another Red Sox-Yankees fight broke out in the grandstands. I don't know about you guys, but I've never seen this happen at any other Major League park, and it really blows my mind.

elsrbueno
07-16-2004, 07:52 AM
It's crazy how much bad feeling there is between Red Sox and Yankee fans. I don't understand it sometimes, but I have them too.

When I see a Yankee (bumber sticker, hat, shirt, anything) I feel the anger inside of me. I'm not a violent person (never been in a fight, never plan on it) but I hate the Yankees, and their fans more than the team.

To me, the Yankees represent everything that's wrong with the world today, they aptly named....The Evil Empire.

In fact, my father (who never came back to baseball after the 94 strike) put it best. "I don't care who wins, as long as it's NOT the Yankees."

Ortiz34
07-16-2004, 07:57 AM
What site were you at before?

dirtdogman5
07-16-2004, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by Ortiz34@Jul 16 2004, 07:57 AM
What site were you at before?
He was at Netsports.

Old Hoss
07-16-2004, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by elsrbueno@Jul 16 2004, 07:52 AM
In fact, my father (who never came back to baseball after the 94 strike) put it best. "I don't care who wins, as long as it's NOT the Yankees."
I like your Dad's way of thinking. :D

Sizzlin22
07-26-2004, 08:37 PM
I was driving down the road and I saw a Yankees sticker on the car in the front of me and jsut rear ended the guy not enough to cause anydamage jsut a little shove so yeah I think we all feal the anger from time to time.

CrespoBlows
08-02-2004, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by RedSoxRooter@Jul 13 2004, 07:26 PM
For those of you wondering, August 2, 1979 is the day Matt Riley of Baltimore was born. It's also the day Thurman Munson died - depending how you interpret it...
You didn't post it as a best moment, so why would they ban you? Yankee fans....

yeszir
08-02-2004, 10:24 PM
RSR, I too have resorted to Thurmon Munson once or twice to shut yankee fans up. It's horrible, but its one of the only things that works.

empirestrikesback26
08-08-2004, 04:31 PM
wow and i thought someone throwin a beer cup at me was bad when i was sittin in the fenway bleachers wearin a yankee hat...typical bosox fan, waste money on beer just to throw it at a yankee fan. Was kinda funny though lol