PDA

View Full Version : Yanks sign Erubiel Durazo

Beckett95
05-21-2006, 08:43 PM
Yankees signed designated hitter Erubiel Durazo to a minor league contract.
The Yankees should have snatched Durazo up back in the spring, even though he wasn't ready to contribute then. He's another choice for the club at DH, but he'll head to Triple-A for now. Carlos Pena might get an opportunity before Durazo does. May. 21 - 9:35 pm et

in 2 days they sign Terrence Long, Richard Hidalgo and Erubiel Durazo. All of these guys were good at one point in their career.

empirestrikesback26
05-21-2006, 08:47 PM
Man, how about all these theo moves by Cashman? Low rish, high reward.

Beckett95
05-21-2006, 08:49 PM
i think atleast 1 of these 4 guys will end up playing a big role for the yankees down the stretch.

Pena, Durazo, Long or Hidalgo

TheRivernator
05-21-2006, 08:52 PM
i am happy about this one. I wanted to sign him in the offseason. He has power and he takes pitches. He just has to get healthy. At the very least, he will give us good at bats and work pitches. Also, with sheff having a good BP today and likely to return when the yankees return to NY after the Boston series, we'll have our patient lineup back. Our lineup crushes bad pitching and grinds good pitchers. We lost the grinding good pitchers with the loss of our power hitters. With Posada, sheff, and potentially Durazo joining this team, we'll get that grind back...

Manny Goes Boom
05-21-2006, 08:56 PM
i think atleast 1 of these 4 guys will end up playing a big role for the yankees down the stretch.

Pena, Durazo, Long or Hidalgo

I think it will be this guy. Durazo was very widely liked here when he came up through the D'Backs system. Especially (like Riv said) for taking pitches and having a great eye. I don't remember why we didn't keep the guy, probably because he got hurt too much (trying to remember, if I'm wrong don't eat me) and he didn't pan out like he should have. He has pop, and anyone can play a better first base than HGH. :lol:

empirestrikesback26
05-21-2006, 08:57 PM
i am happy about this one. I wanted to sign him in the offseason. He has power and he takes pitches. He just has to get healthy. At the very least, he will give us good at bats and work pitches. Also, with sheff having a good BP today and likely to return when the yankees return to NY after the Boston series, we'll have our patient lineup back. Our lineup crushes bad pitching and grinds good pitchers. We lost the grinding good pitchers with the loss of our power hitters. With Posada, sheff, and potentially Durazo joining this team, we'll get that grind back...
Crushes bad pitching is right. Going to be a long day for Clement.

a700hitter
05-21-2006, 09:10 PM
And Durazo plays where?

TheRivernator
05-21-2006, 09:12 PM
And Durazo plays where?

he's a 1b, but he will have to be relegated to DH duty because of his TJ surgery.

jsinger121
05-21-2006, 09:13 PM
he was a poor 1B. he is a DH and only a DH.

empirestrikesback26
05-21-2006, 09:13 PM
And Durazo plays where?
DH. Just adds depth to an injury stricken lineup.

Soxfan#1
05-21-2006, 09:46 PM
He was a good hitter in Oakland.

Coco's Disciples
05-22-2006, 03:30 PM
Durazo is underrated, he can still produce. Hidalgo is pretty much done, despite some power, Pena has a weak stick, in fact, I met him once when I worked at the Northeastern summer camp last summer, and Long isn't going to help much.

Beckett95
05-22-2006, 03:32 PM
Durazo is underrated, he can still produce. Hidalgo is pretty much done, despite some power, Pena has a weak stick, in fact, I met him once when I worked at the Northeastern summer camp last summer, and Long isn't going to help much.
just curious, what do you do at northeastern? Ive been going to their winter baseball clinic the last couple of years.

Coco's Disciples
05-22-2006, 03:33 PM
I am a counselor at their summer camp, the one Neil McPhee runs. I've also been to the winter clinic once, winter of 04-05.

Beckett95
05-22-2006, 03:34 PM
I am a counselor at their summer camp, the one Neil McPhee runs. I've also been to the winter clinic once, winter of 04-05.

ya i went to the winter one this year and last year, run by McPhee

Mr Crunchy
05-22-2006, 03:37 PM
raul mondesi wasnt available??

Sam Malone
05-22-2006, 08:28 PM
Living in Arizona and following Durazo when he was a Diamondback, he was a very good power hitter but the rumors were that he was a juicer. He is definitely a streaky hitter and I don't know if he'll really help the Yankees. He will like the short porch in right at Yankee Stadium.

Coco's Disciples
07-07-2007, 06:54 PM
This thread is over a year old, but the Yankees just signed Durazo...again. Another minor league contract.

32-year-old Erubiel Durazo has reportedly inked a minor league contract with the Yankees.
GM Brian Cashman didn't confirm the signing when asked. Durazo was hitting .354/.446/.582 with nine homers in 158 at-bats in the Mexican League, though that OPS ranked him behind guys like Carlos Rivera, Jose Ortiz and Geronimo Gil, as well as former Yankees Karim Garcia and Ruben Rivera. While we like the move for the Yankees, it seems clear that Durazo just isn't what he once was. Jul. 7 - 6:10 pm et
Source: Notimex

Per Rotoworld

Soxfan#1
07-07-2007, 09:15 PM
This guy was probably on the juice, but if he wasn't then he's gonna be a sleeper over there.

Haha, Karim Garcia :lol:

Coco's Disciples
07-07-2007, 09:54 PM
"Who is Karim Garcia? I have no respect for that guy. He needs to be forcing himself to come up to where I am, to my level."-PETEY