Jon_Papelboner
08-26-2006, 07:39 PM
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y35/Kap12284/cutarod.jpg

RedSoxRooter
08-26-2006, 07:50 PM
what did he do now?

YanksHater213
08-26-2006, 07:57 PM
he went 0-5 with 3 ks and 3 lob in a 12-7 loss.

Jon_Papelboner
08-26-2006, 09:23 PM
Oh, but it gets worse.

Yesterday- 0-5, 4 K's.

At one point 9/11 at bats resulted in K's. That's an amazing display of anti-talent.

example1
08-26-2006, 10:21 PM
Yet this guy is the reigning AL MVP? Every red sox fan knew that he was a choker LAST YEAR yet all the yankees idiots argued that his defensive value made him CLEARLY the most valuable player. what a joke.

(that being said, he's a good player, just not as good as he has been painted to be)

MC Hammer
08-27-2006, 12:08 AM
Yet this guy is the reigning AL MVP? Every red sox fan knew that he was a choker LAST YEAR yet all the yankees idiots argued that his defensive value made him CLEARLY the most valuable player. what a joke.

(that being said, he's a good player, just not as good as he has been painted to be)
Actually he's even better than he's made out to be ... he just clearly does not know how to handle pressure.

Jon_Papelboner
08-27-2006, 12:15 AM
I used to defend A rod, and yes he was justifed in getting the MVP last year, their numbers were similar, but A rod played defense, and played it well.

But this year has been a totally different story. This recent collapse has put me over the top. I will no longer defend this guy against attacks. I just can't stand him anymore.

AlexanderTheGreat13
08-27-2006, 01:25 AM
Sometimes I think we all need to take a step back. Is the guy having a terrible year (for himself)? Sure. This one bad year doesnt mean his entire career was a fluke. Hes on pace to break Henry Aaron's record and a slew of other offensive records. Does A-Rod annoy the hell out of me? Sure, but you have to keep things in perspective.

Sox fan in Tex
08-27-2006, 02:17 AM
WHAT? NO! KEEP A-ROD! PLEASE! :lol:

http://www.singaporesoxfan.com/photos/arod-bobble.jpg

He Hate Me
08-27-2006, 05:30 PM
1-4 with 3 k's so far. It's amazing, his bat never leaves his shoulder on pitches down the pipe.

Jon_Papelboner
08-27-2006, 07:46 PM
but it aways does on sliders in the dirt. He's pathetic.

ARod2212
09-01-2006, 10:39 AM

(that being said, he's a good player, just not as good as he has been painted to be) He was the MVP. He led in almost every major statistical category. This year, notsomuch. However 2006 doesn't change 2005's stats or circumstances one bit.

rician blast
09-01-2006, 12:10 PM
but it aways does on sliders in the dirt. He's pathetic.

don't worry...Yanks fan here at work says he can tell that the guy is about to carry the team on his back and says he'll be the WS MVP this year...he says he can feel it.

can't doubt premonitions like that...even if it is the same dude who has claimed for years that Giambi never used 'roids and that there never were any such thing as dinosaurs.

ARod2212
09-01-2006, 01:11 PM
Is it really all that impossible for Rodriguez to carry this team? I mean the guy is one of the best players of this generation. Don't suffer from 'head up your ass' syndrome.

Jon_Papelboner
09-01-2006, 01:31 PM
After we clinch, or if for that matter, he'll carry us until the postseason.

26 to 6
09-01-2006, 11:50 PM
Is it really all that impossible for Rodriguez to carry this team? I mean the guy is one of the best players of this generation. Don't suffer from 'head up your ass' syndrome.
Good call. I agree.

Well looks as if he's pretty much breaking out of the slump. Bloop singles and RBI grounders in the Tiger series to multi-Home Run games in the Twins series. Lets just hope he keeps it up.

As for all this anti- A-Rod stuff, I dont get it. Sure, you can be annoyed with the fact that he hasn't been coming through and being the offensive weapon he is supposed to be. But clearly the guy has some issues. People claim that he's probably just a guy who can't handle the pressures of New York; a valid arguement. I, however, disagree. I thin k he can handle New York fine. What I think the problem is is that he can't handle the pressure he's put on himself. As we saw last year he can handle New York and be successful. We saw it over the season last year, and in little pieces both in 2004 and 2006. But the man has obviously just bombarded himself and put all of this weight on his own shoulders. He want's to make up for all the attention, positive or negative, that was given to him and the trade process between him going to Boston and New York. He want's to deliver. It was such a big issue that he was on a losing team and wanted to play for a winner that he tries to sprint in a marathon and can't hold up. I believe that as soon as the Yankees win a championship with him on the team that all of his struggles will disappear as he will have the peace of mind knowing that he played for a champion; regardless the role he plays in winning the championship, whether he carries the team on his back or sits back as somebody else carries the team. He will have shifted the weight from his shoulders to his ring finger.

Mr Crunchy
09-05-2006, 09:08 AM

whats arods biggest hit in your opinion??

empirestrikesback26
09-05-2006, 12:06 PM
Game 2 against the Twins.

Mr Crunchy
09-05-2006, 12:21 PM
extra inning game??
the one where sierra tied it?
that was an outstanding series i think but its foggy

you'll have to excuse the memory lapse
i forgot most of 04 except for about a week in late october

do you think hes gonna bring it this year??
his power has seemed to be turned on recently

yankees228
09-05-2006, 12:50 PM
extra inning game??
the one where sierra tied it?
that was an outstanding series i think but its foggy

you'll have to excuse the memory lapse
i forgot most of 04 except for about a week in late october

do you think hes gonna bring it this year??
his power has seemed to be turned on recently

Sierra tied it in game four. ARod tied game 2 in the 12th inning with an RBI double.

Mr Crunchy
09-05-2006, 03:25 PM
all i remember about arods post season that year was his monster game 3 in the alcs and his houdini act that followed

eventually he will come around in the clutch
if youre a believer in odds and %s then this is the year
didnt he ground into a 6-4-3 dp to end the season in 05?