PDA

View Full Version : Yankees top 50

jacksonianmarch
02-06-2007, 04:06 PM
I have a sox top 50, might as well show the yankees top 50. BTW, the top 50 was compiled in October. This was before the signing of Miranda, and the deals for Sheff and RJ.

1. Hughes
2. Tabata
3. Betances
4. Montero
5. Clippard
6. Kennedy
7. Duncan
8. Garcia
9. Marquez
10. Gardner
11. Chamberlain
12. Cox
13. Melancon
14. Nunez
15. Vechionacci
16. Reyes
17. Jackson
18. McCallister
19. Beam
20. White
21. Battle
22. DeSalvo
23. Horne
24. Nova
25. Castillo
26. Karstens
27. Henn
28. Tejeda
29. Kontos
30. Norton
31. Patterson
32. Curtis
33. Hilligoss
34. Rodriguez
35. Kennard
36. Wright
37. Sardinha
38. Corona
39. Cervelli
40. Japa
41. Pena
42. Christian
43. Holmann
44. Ehlers
45. Calzado
46. Smith
47. Mesa
48. McCutchen
49. Fortenberry
50. Jones

Miranda is considered to be anywhere from a mid teens to a mid 20s prospect because he may have a limited power potential.

Sanchez is a top 5 guy, potentially at #3.

Whelan was a top 10 guy in Detroit, and with Garcia and Melancon going down with injury, he likely would be #10.

Claggett was #13 in Detroit, so he would likely be top 15 in this system.

Ohlendorf was #13 in Arizona and would fit into the top 15 in this system.

Jackson was anywhere from 13-23 in the zona system depending on who you believe. He'd like be near #20 in this system

Gonzalez was ranked #20 by scout.com, but I have seen other sites rank him as the yankees #10. I would assume he would be in the teens, maybe late teens in this system.

Not bad pickups to an already potent farm system. I'll update the sox ones when they update the site.

ORS
02-06-2007, 05:03 PM
Not bad pickups to a previously impotent farm system.
I proved the necessary edit to make the statement accurate.

Linda
02-06-2007, 07:02 PM
Removed. Sorry. See my sig for the picture of faggot ARod.

redsoxrules
02-06-2007, 07:09 PM
for fuck sakes im at work here dont post shit like that

Linda
02-06-2007, 07:10 PM
Sorry, where can I post it?

yeszir
02-06-2007, 07:16 PM
Nowhere, you're banned once and for all. Byeeee.

redsoxrules
02-06-2007, 07:28 PM
Good , its good thing nobody saw that here or i would have been fired on the spot

jacksonianmarch
02-06-2007, 07:41 PM
you know, I was hoping to have a few yankee fans take a look at the list with some optimism, some sox fans rip at it and turn it into a nice argument/conversation. But now that Linda is banned, PARTY!!!!! THANKS YESZIR!

RedSoxRooter
02-06-2007, 08:37 PM
Thank GOD. I knew it would happen before spring training. I just knew it!

jacksonianmarch
02-06-2007, 11:27 PM
I proved the necessary edit to make the statement accurate.

that was the case a few yrs back. Prior to the deals this winter, they had a damn good pitching farm with 2 high end position player talents (Tabata and Montero). Now they have too much pitching. I was debating this issue on another forum and there is a chance that guys with solid MLB potential will be stacked or be forced to the pen just because of the logjam. The yankees will have 5MLB ready prospects in AAA, a MLB ready 4-5 in Rasner in long relief, and at least 3 MLB ready pitchers forced to toil in AA for 07 just because of the logjam. And it isnt like it ends there. The A+ class is fantastic as is the class in A ball. Put that with 2 consecutive DSL championships with a few other high end pitching talents (most notably a kid named Francisco Gil who you will hear of before his time is done) and you have a system just flat out loaded with righty pitching talent.

That being said, their bullpen talent is nearly as impressive. They have 2 high end position prospects if you dont count Melky. They have Duncan and his great power (20HR per 600AB in his minor league career for a HS draftee) at 1b in AAA. They have another OF prospect (Gardner) who could make some noise as a pest on the bases over the next yr or so, but after that, the position prospect well looks to be running dry until you get to the very strong DSL class. But it is just that, the dominican summer league. Half these kids will fizzle out before they get to AA ball, so relying on them for the long term is a bad proposition.

I guess if you have to grade their farm.

RHP- A+ - Hughes, Clippard, Sanchez, Ohlendorf, Karstens, White, Horne, Jackson, Betances, Kennedy, Chamberlain, Nova, Gil, McCallister, Marquez et al is one hell of a starting staff considering that I didnt even mention a top 10 prospect in Garcia who will be rehabbing from TJ all yr. Cox, Melancon, Whelan, Claggett is a pretty good relief corps even if Melancon is rehabbing all yr.

LHP- D+ - Reyes is the best of the bunch, the only one with solid projection. Wright is being held onto with the 40 man spot, but he doesnt profile much higher than middle of the rotation and that is being generous.

Position prospects- C+ - Duncan, Montero, Tabata and Gardner highlight this class. Underachievers A. Jackson, Nunez, Vechionacci really kept their rating from being higher. The solid DSL class will have to provide some hope or the position prospect class looks real top heavy without much depth.