PDA

View Full Version : A League of Their Own

Thumper
04-15-2007, 07:15 PM
I was just wondering, has the movie been brought up before on here? If not, what do you guys think of it? I thought it was good. Despite the drama involved, it was pretty cool to see women's baseball and how it adapted in the 1940s while most men were at war.

TheKilo
04-15-2007, 07:36 PM
lol

jacksonianmarch
04-15-2007, 09:20 PM
thumper, I would like to take this moment to tell you that you are on a diehard baseball site and bringing up that movie immediately costs you your balls.

RedSoxRooter
04-15-2007, 09:34 PM
rosie OWN3D in that movie!!!@!

Thumper
04-15-2007, 10:20 PM
thumper, I would like to take this moment to tell you that you are on a diehard baseball site and bringing up that movie immediately costs you your balls.

I'm not afraid to admit it. I liked that movie. I thought it was good. I liked it when Tom Hanks said "There's no crying in baseball!" I thought it was funny.

I also thought "Field of Dreams" was good too, and "The Natural" you're gonna dog on me for those too?

Remember the Titans
04-15-2007, 10:22 PM
Remember the Titans wuz a good one 2.

Thumper
04-15-2007, 10:33 PM
Remember the Titans wuz a good one 2.

This isn't about football movies...

schillingouttheks
04-15-2007, 11:27 PM
Thumper has entirely missed the basis of RtT's existance on this board.

Taliesin
04-15-2007, 11:37 PM
It's also not about baseball movies. You started a thread entitled "A League of Their Own"...so apparantly you wished to invite discourse on that particular film. An anachronistic topic mind you, but one that never gets old. Or does. I never..and I mean this sincerely....never agree w/ MJ about anything... except for today. And, I'm a chick...who played little league baseball back in the day.

Future reference...start scintillating thread topics like: "Tupperware" ....economical idea or do you just lose the tops when you move after spending 142 bucks because it seemed like a good idea at the time? Discuss.

Thumper
04-15-2007, 11:41 PM
It's also not about baseball movies. You started a thread entitled "A League of Their Own"...so apparantly you wished to invite discourse on that particular film. An anachronistic topic mind you, but one that never gets old. Or does. I never..and I mean this sincerely....never agree w/ MJ about anything... except for today. And, I'm a chick...who played little league baseball back in the day.

Future reference...start scintillating thread topics like: "Tupperware" ....economical idea or do you just lose the tops when you move after spending 142 bucks because it seemed like a good idea at the time? Discuss.

Ooookay you win. My mistake.

TheKilo
04-16-2007, 09:38 AM
Remember the Titans >>>>>>>>>>>>> Thumper

jacksonianmarch
04-16-2007, 09:59 AM
I'm not afraid to admit it. I liked that movie. I thought it was good. I liked it when Tom Hanks said "There's no crying in baseball!" I thought it was funny.

I also thought "Field of Dreams" was good too, and "The Natural" you're gonna dog on me for those too?

if you are a baseball fan, you must love field of dreams. I liked the natural as well. But a title of a thread called a league of their own is bad.