PDA

View Full Version : Pavano likely out for season

jacksonianmarch
05-02-2007, 08:31 PM
http://blogs.courant.com/yankees/2007/05/tornados_on_its.html

He felt pain in his forearm in a bullpen today and will se James Andrews in ALA. His "mild forearm tightness" is now presumed to be a UCL tear and he may need TJ surgery. This would likely end his yankee career.

Beckett95
05-02-2007, 08:37 PM
could not just be the end of his yankee career

but the end of his whole career

19 games in 3 years with the Yankees, kinda feel bad for the guy who really had a lot of talent and showed it in '04 with the Marlins

jacksonianmarch
05-02-2007, 08:41 PM
and he looked pretty good in his last start. But I hate him.

a700hitter
05-02-2007, 08:44 PM
He felt pain in his forearm in a bullpen today and will se James Andrews in ALA. His "mild forearm tightness" is now presumed to be a UCL tear and he may need TJ surgery. This would likely end his yankee career.This is so surprising!:rolleyes:

Coco's Disciples
05-02-2007, 10:00 PM
Hahahahahahahahaha. Hahaahahahahaha. Haha. Ha.

schillingouttheks
05-02-2007, 10:35 PM
Hahahahahahahahaha. Hahaahahahahaha. Haha. Ha.

And some more...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. This has gotten so old but it still amuses me :lol: :lol:

Youk Of The Nation
05-02-2007, 11:22 PM
ha

yeszir
05-02-2007, 11:36 PM
This just makes it more likely that the Yankees will get Clemens.

Thumper
05-03-2007, 12:06 AM

Good they can have him.

Sox Fan on Cape
05-03-2007, 12:19 AM

IMO, he will suck for them. He'll be back in the American League, in the Eastern Division, and on a shitty team. If he goes to the Yanks, he would prove once and for all that he is a money grabbing whore.

Gom
05-03-2007, 01:12 AM
IMO, he will suck for them. He'll be back in the American League, in the Eastern Division, and on a shitty team. If he goes to the Yanks, he would prove once and for all that he is a money grabbing whore.

Wow...so you came to this conclusion just now? Really? Did you actually come up with this all on your own without any outside help? I am really impressed. Keep up the good work.

Coco's Disciples
05-03-2007, 06:20 AM
Wow...so you came to this conclusion just now? Really? Did you actually come up with this all on your own without any outside help? I am really impressed. Keep up the good work.

Why are you so cranky?

Oh right...

BoSox21
05-03-2007, 06:46 AM

I think they would go after Clemens just as hard even if Pavano is a workhorse for them cause even when healthy, the Yankee rotation is far some special

jacksonianmarch
05-03-2007, 07:09 AM
I think they would go after Clemens just as hard even if Pavano is a workhorse for them cause even when healthy, the Yankee rotation is far some special

If Hughes was in the rotation still, it would have been formidable. We just havent caught a break this yr in terms of injuries. Once Hughes returns and if Clemens comes on, the rotation will be dirty.

Clemens
Wang
Mussina
Pettitte
Hughes

Filthy.

BSN07
05-03-2007, 07:37 AM
Wang has been getting slapped around...

Moose has yet to even pitch so you have no idea what he is going to do...

Pettite has done nothing special in his starts so far...

Hughes had one bad start, one good one then got hurt, so dont count on him...

Clemens could be decent but he will probably be only a 6 inning guy and cost you 25M...

If Filthy means you have no idea what your going to get on any given night, and these guys continue to pitch as they have so far this season, then yes I agree with you...

jacksonianmarch
05-03-2007, 07:42 AM
Pettitte hasnt been anything special? Cmon now. Wang hasnt been "slapped around" at all. Moose has been hurt, but he returns today. Hughes is the real deal. Seriously BSN, give some credit where credit is due. When healthy, and with a healthy Clemens and Hughes, this rotation is very very good. Without those 2, it is very top-heavy with Wang, Moose, and Pettitte being the stalwarts and you cross your fingers for 4 and 5.

BSN07
05-03-2007, 08:02 AM
Take of the NYY shades bro, Pettite hasnt done anything to show hes worth 16M a season, Wang 2 of the last 3 season has been injured, Moose is another year older and has yet to pitch this regular season, so you honestly have no clue what your getting out of him, Hughes sucked once and looked great once then landed himself on the shelf for 4-6 weeks, and Clemenes is a 6 inning pitcher in the NL, no telling what hes like in the AL, but would most likely be your best pitcher. If the Sox had all these injuries and were pitching as shittys as the Yanks youd be all over it, your going on hopes and prayers at this moment in time...

BoSox21
05-03-2007, 08:09 AM
Wang is probably the surest thing in the rotation. Hughes in still very very green, Clemens is 44 coming back to the AL after several years in the NL and the rest are old and getting pretty injury prone

jacksonianmarch
05-03-2007, 09:34 AM
3.00 ERA in 30IP thus far isnt good?

MANNYHOF24
05-03-2007, 09:55 AM
If Hughes was in the rotation still, it would have been formidable. We just havent caught a break this yr in terms of injuries. Once Hughes returns and if Clemens comes on, the rotation will be dirty.

Clemens
Wang
Mussina
Pettitte
Hughes

Filthy.

Iwould take

Schilling
Beckett
DiceK
Wake
Lester

over that rotation.

BSN07
05-03-2007, 10:03 AM
Ya bring up the 3.00 ERA, don't mention the 30 hits allowed in 30 innings, and his 14BB to go with 18 K's, those walks and hits will catch up eventually and that ERA will ballon.

rician blast
05-03-2007, 10:20 AM
Wang has been getting slapped around...

Hey, keep it clean Bosox, this a baseball discussion.

BSN07
05-03-2007, 10:22 AM
Hey, keep it clean Bosox, this a baseball discussion.

HAHAHA I serioulsy did not even see that until you pointed it out:thumbsup:

jacksonianmarch
05-03-2007, 10:31 AM
Ya bring up the 3.00 ERA, don't mention the 30 hits allowed in 30 innings, and his 14BB to go with 18 K's, those walks and hits will catch up eventually and that ERA will ballon.

either that or the walks and hits will fall. His last start was very uncharacteristic. Of his previous 6 appearances, he only allowed more than 1 baserunner per inning twice. Last game, he walked 5 and allowed 6 hits in 4.2IP. I'd assume that is more of an outlier than anything else.

BSN07
05-03-2007, 11:05 AM
Ya you can say that about any pitcher... He is really good if you take away this, and dont count that and if its anything negative its uncharacteristic... Pettitte is not the Pettittie that won championships in NY. He is going to post a 4.5+ERA and probably be a 6 inning pitcher. That wouldnt be bad but right now everyone one the staff is a 5 inning pitcher and the BP is paying for it. Youll be looking for new BP arms at the deadline and probably pay threw the nose for them...

schillingouttheks
05-03-2007, 11:07 AM
Ya you can say that about any pitcher... He is really good if you take away this, and dont count that and if its anything negative its uncharacteristic... Pettitte is not the Pettittie that won championships in NY. He is going to post a 4.5+ERA and probably be a 6 inning pitcher. That wouldnt be bad but right now everyone one the staff is a 5 inning pitcher and the BP is paying for it. Youll be looking for new BP arms at the deadline and probably pay threw the nose for them...

I'm glad I'm not the only one that doesn't believe in throwing out random stats. The stats are the stats...If you throw away Jason Johnson's career losses he doesn't have the worst winning percentage in all of baseball over the past 30 years or so. :rolleyes: I'm reputation-ing you!

jacksonianmarch
05-03-2007, 11:09 AM
well, this early, one bad start fucks up your stats. Lets just put it this way, aside from one game, he has been money thus far this season.

BSN07
05-03-2007, 11:17 AM
Ya so has JT if you toss out half his starts...LOL

I'll have to give it to you Jacko, you can find anything positive about the Yankees and anything negative about the Sox like no other...

jacksonianmarch
05-03-2007, 11:18 AM
as they say, there are lies, damn lies, and statistics. If you have an agenda, you can find a stat to back you up regardless.

BSN07
05-03-2007, 11:20 AM
as they say, there are lies, damn lies, and statistics. If you have an agenda, you can find a stat to back you up regardless.

I'm glad you have admitted you MO...:thumbsup:

jacksonianmarch
05-03-2007, 11:22 AM
sometimes I know there is a proper retort to what I write. I just make you do the leg work to figure it out. Tedious, I know.

BSN07
05-03-2007, 11:25 AM
I guess the longer we are looking up stats to disprove your Yankee propaganda, the less time we have to rip the Yankees...

Gom
05-03-2007, 11:54 AM
Iwould take

Schilling
Beckett
DiceK
Wake
Lester

over that rotation.

If all are healthy, including Lester, I wouldn't. Not for this season. Down the road, definitely. Not for this year though.

adam123
05-03-2007, 12:43 PM
well see ya later PUD PAVANO .

Optimist
05-03-2007, 01:00 PM
Fuck Carl Pavano.

That felt good.

redsoxrules
05-03-2007, 01:10 PM
Pettitte hasnt been anything special? Cmon now. Wang hasnt been "slapped around" at all. Moose has been hurt, but he returns today. Hughes is the real deal. Seriously BSN, give some credit where credit is due. When healthy, and with a healthy Clemens and Hughes, this rotation is very very good. Without those 2, it is very top-heavy with Wang, Moose, and Pettitte being the stalwarts and you cross your fingers for 4 and 5.

wang is overated , you'll be lucky if his ERA is below 4.5 this year . moose is getting older and not as good as he use to be . pettitte is the only good starter you have had so far this year . Hughes is still a ? and clemens is a ticking time bomb

riverside sluggers
05-03-2007, 04:17 PM
I'll believe when I see it that the Yankees rotation can better than the Sox's this year

jacksonianmarch
05-03-2007, 05:03 PM
http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/redsox/extras/extra_bases/2007/05/fenway_facts.html

bye Pussano

26 Reasons to Hate Us
05-04-2007, 07:56 AM

Didn't catch up to him yesterday B)

Seriously though, Andy has 4 QS out of 6 starts this year, pitching in the AL East. He's worth every penny.

BSN07
05-04-2007, 08:00 AM
Didn't catch up to him yesterday B)

Seriously though, Andy has 4 QS out of 6 starts this year, pitching in the AL East. He's worth every penny.

Ok I'll concede Pettitte has been decent. But you all have to admit the rest or your rotation is all ?'s.

Wang looks injury prone, but theres still time to tell...

Pavano...gone....

Moose pitched decent but hes an injury risk...

Igawa, theres no telling what you will get from him from start to start....

Rasner...:dunno:

Hughes, 1 bad, 1 fantastic, gets hurt....

Theres no one right now besides ,maybe Pettitte that you can look at and say we should get a solid 6+ from him and have a chance to win...

If you get a decent 5 innings out of everyone it wont matter because the BP will be burnt by the AS break if not sooner...

26 Reasons to Hate Us
05-04-2007, 08:30 AM
Ok I'll concede Pettitte has been decent. But you all have to admit the rest or your rotation is all ?'s.

Wang looks injury prone, but theres still time to tell...

Granted he had the shoulder problem a couple years ago, but does that and a tweaked hammy really make him injury prone?

Pavano...gone....

Was he ever really here?

Moose pitched decent but hes an injury risk...

So the guy who's won double digit games the last 15 seasons is prone to injury?

Igawa, theres no telling what you will get from him from start to start....

Well sure, but he's also the #5 starter when Hughes is healthy. The 5 hole is a shaky start for any team.

Hughes, 1 bad, 1 fantastic, gets hurt....

I think it's safe to say that Hughes will only improve with more starts.

Theres no one right now besides ,maybe Pettitte that you can look at and say we should get a solid 6+ from him and have a chance to win...

If you get a decent 5 innings out of everyone it wont matter because the BP will be burnt by the AS break if not sooner...

Right now you are right, but Wang and Mussina will get back to their old form in the next couple of weeks, and then we will have at least 3 guys who can give us 6+ IP per start:

Innings Per Start last year
Mussina 6.1
Wang 6.2
Pettitte 6.0

BSN07
05-04-2007, 08:35 AM
Ya I can see that, but do you think the stress on the BP so early in the season will have a fall out later in the year? I figure you guys will be looking for a couple MR guys at the TDL.

26 Reasons to Hate Us
05-04-2007, 08:37 AM
Ya I can see that, but do you think the stress on the BP so early in the season will have a fall out later in the year? I figure you guys will be looking for a couple MR guys at the TDL.

I'm sure we will look to pick one up, and maybe a fifth starter depending on how things go with Clemens.