PDA

View Full Version : Dellin Betances

TheKilo
06-20-2007, 08:27 PM
got rocked tonight.

jacksonianmarch
06-20-2007, 09:05 PM
not really. Maybe you should check your facts before you post.

4IP 5H 3ER 2BB 5K

2 of the hits were broken bat singles and Betances unravelled after an umpire apparently missed a check swing call that would have ended his horrific second. 5K's in 4IP is very solid. He is certainly not a finished product and this outing certainly wasnt all that fantastic, but to say he got rocked when he gave up 1 more hit than IP is not being accurate. This is actually very similar to Kennedy's first start in AA.

TheKilo
06-20-2007, 09:25 PM
not really. Maybe you should check your facts before you post.

4IP 5H 3ER 2BB 5K

2 of the hits were broken bat singles and Betances unravelled after an umpire apparently missed a check swing call that would have ended his horrific second. 5K's in 4IP is very solid. He is certainly not a finished product and this outing certainly wasnt all that fantastic, but to say he got rocked when he gave up 1 more hit than IP is not being accurate. This is actually very similar to Kennedy's first start in AA.

6.75 ERA sucks homie.

I knew this would get this reaction out of you anyways.

jacksonianmarch
06-20-2007, 09:31 PM
6.75 ERA sucks homie.

I knew this would get this reaction out of you anyways.

am I that predictable?

And I know ERA is important, but it isnt everything, especially in a minor leaguer.

TheKilo
06-20-2007, 09:32 PM
am I that predictable?

And I know ERA is important, but it isnt everything, especially in a minor leaguer.

Yeah.

ORS
06-21-2007, 06:05 AM
Well, at the very least its clear indication that Betances has regressed. I wonder if this is a problem of overestimating his talents at draft time or an organizational teaching deficiency.

jacksonianmarch
06-24-2007, 09:18 PM
Well, at the very least its clear indication that Betances has regressed. I wonder if this is a problem of overestimating his talents at draft time or an organizational teaching deficiency.

very funny ORS.

BTW, got the win today.

5IP 3H 1ER 3BB 4K

Apparently threw some serious ched, but needs to harness his control a little.

jacksonianmarch
07-05-2007, 08:30 AM
kid has some serious stuff but is really struggling with command. 4.2IP 0ER 6K 6BB. Sounds like the stuff is there, but the mechanics have regressed. He's too young to write off, but his ETA can be pushed back a yr if he continues to struggle with his control.

example1
07-05-2007, 10:23 AM
kid has some serious stuff but is really struggling with command. 4.2IP 0ER 6K 6BB. Sounds like the stuff is there, but the mechanics have regressed. He's too young to write off, but his ETA can be pushed back a yr if he continues to struggle with his control.

He and Daniel Bard can play cards together on road trips. :lol: (you know, when they run into each other on the road)

jacksonianmarch
07-16-2007, 09:40 AM
Dellin Betances was outdueled by Glenn Gibson, but that was the least of his worries on Sunday. Betances left after three innings complaining of elbow tightness. The Yankees prospect will have an examination on his elbow today. Gibson allowed one run in five innings to raise his ERA to 1.00.

seems like something has been wrong with him for awhile. I suspect we may have lost another kid to TJ. Better to happen now than when he is ready.

jacksonianmarch
08-31-2009, 12:05 PM
I predicted this goddamn thing 2 yrs ago. His elbow has been a ticking time bomb since 2007 and now the yankee trainers and doctors finally did something about it. He has missed the majority of 2008 and 2009 while also missing a large chunk of 2007 with elbow woes. And he FINALLY went under the knife this week for Tommy John Surgery. He will miss all of 2010.

Gom
09-06-2009, 01:50 AM
Has Cashman ever drafted someone who didn't undergo TJ?

a700hitter
09-06-2009, 12:01 PM
This is actually very similar to Kennedy's first start in AA.A comparison to Kennedy. High praise indeed.:rolleyes:

CrespoBlows
09-06-2009, 01:12 PM
A comparison to Kennedy. High praise indeed.:rolleyes:

jacksonianmarch
09-07-2009, 03:03 PM
Has Cashman ever drafted someone who didn't undergo TJ?

I think this has more to do with our strength and conditioning coaches than Cashman. But feel free to blame him for absolutely everything that pisses you off in life

CrespoBlows
09-07-2009, 03:27 PM
He has to pick his spots. He wouldn't give him credit for grabbing Swisher, and getting the Teixeira deal done in a few hours.

jacksonianmarch
09-07-2009, 03:35 PM
Of course he wouldnt. He hates Cashman, which is fine. But if you hate someone and want to appear objective, you need to give credit at some point. I hate the red sox, but I give them credit for being the better team in 04, 07, and 08. Otherwise you just sound like an idiot.