PDA

View Full Version : Harry Potter 7

Coco's Disciples
07-21-2007, 01:15 AM
It came out at midnight this morning. My parents actually went out and got the book (I did not), but I read the first four chapters. I'm not as into it as a lot of other people, but it's a solid series.

Youk Of The Nation
07-21-2007, 01:38 AM
If you tell me what happens, I swear to your god I will hunt you down, scoop out your eyes with a butter knife and pound the sockets full of crushed glass with a fucking rock.

msubulldogs21
07-21-2007, 01:42 AM
I read the first four books several years ago and enjoyed them, but there was such a dead period in between books 4 and 5 (it seemed like around 2 years) that I totally forgot everything that had happened. I didn't want to go back and re-read everything, so I've just stuck to watching the movies since then.

26 to 6
07-21-2007, 03:11 AM
I wish I could remember which one off the top of my head, but a Minor League team had a Harry Potter night promotion. They encouraged kids to dress up as wizards and witches and worlocks, had a parade or something, and told everyone to stick around after the game so that they could get a copy of the book at midnight when an armored truck arrived to the ballpark with copies of the book.

I dont know what you guys think about it, but I fidn that very, very disturbing. I'm sure it was a nice money-maker though, I'd just find it hard to look at myself in the miror if I was the director of promotions who organized this nonsense. :lol:

...for the record, i've never been much of a Harry Potter fan. I read like 3 or 4 chapters of Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone and haven't picked up a Harry Potter book since.

Youk Of The Nation
07-21-2007, 04:01 AM
Youre missing out. Rowling acknowledges that her readers are maturing, and writes the books accordingly. They are increasingly longer, more well written, have better plots and are shades darker. I love them, but I cant read the first two because they were written for 12 year olds and that's why Ive been waiting so long for the seventh book.

NateGrey
07-21-2007, 07:51 PM
uOIYsGVyg8M

Soxfan#1
07-21-2007, 07:59 PM
I took the chance of coming into this thread being spoiled
I'm on page 402 right now. This book really sucked for a little while. The first scene sounded amazing. Can't wait to see it on the big screen.
I'm gonna finish it now.

Thumper
07-21-2007, 10:54 PM
uOIYsGVyg8M

:lol:
Yeah watch out, them Worlocks will get you if you don't serve Christ.

MDF3530
07-22-2007, 05:46 PM
I read it, but I ain't givin' nothin' away.

Mirabellifan
07-22-2007, 06:37 PM
i just bought it and i read the last page first and it totally ruined the book for me!

CrespoBlows
07-22-2007, 06:43 PM
i just bought it and i read the last page first and it totally ruined the book for me!

Yeah, but you saved yourself from reading 800 pages.

Unless you read the book......

Mirabellifan
07-22-2007, 08:11 PM
Yeah, but you saved yourself from reading 800 pages.

Unless you read the book......

im reading it anyway, i love the books so i don't care if i basically know what happends. i'm only on page 106

CrespoBlows
07-22-2007, 08:30 PM
im reading it anyway, i love the books so i don't care if i basically know what happends. i'm only on page 106

I wanted to read the book, or at least parts of it, because I had read the first four. I made the mistake of opening a thread that said, "Harry Potter."

Needless to say, I learned of everything in the book within five seconds.

Anuj09
07-22-2007, 09:46 PM
Finished. Weird that it took me longer than the last one even though its like shorter i believe

but it was kinda boring in the middle. If you want to skip alotta crap just read the wikipedia article on it

See Red
07-23-2007, 07:03 AM
Finished. Weird that it took me longer than the last one even though its like shorter i believe

but it was kinda boring in the middle. If you want to skip alotta crap just read the wikipedia article on it

Already read the wikipedia article. My roommate is obsessed with Harry Potter and often gets into pissy moods for no apparent reason so the first thing I did was read the ending so I can threaten to ruin it for her if she doesn't play nice. :D

That's the first time I've read or saw anything Harry Potter.

By the way, I'm under the impression that the book sells for $20... my question is... WHY?! They could charge $50 for that and I'm sure just as many people would buy it.

Coco's Disciples
07-23-2007, 10:22 AM
The price on the jacket of the book is $35, but everywhere sells it at a discount. There's so many places that sell it that nobody would buy it for full price. Amazon sells it for 49% off.

Soxfan#1
07-23-2007, 05:47 PM
I liked this a lot. Finished it yesterday.

Wanna save the money? Just get the pdf file.

MDF3530
07-23-2007, 06:39 PM
I liked this a lot. Finished it yesterday.

Wanna save the money? Just get the pdf file.Or PM anyone like me or Soxfan who has finished it. :harhar:

schillingouttheks
07-23-2007, 06:42 PM
I swear to God I will rip someone's heart out of their chest - yes, literally stick my hand into their chest and rip it out - if anyone spoils this book. I will track you down and find you. If you don't live a car ride away, I will send something terrible to you in a package. I haven't even bought the book yet.

MDF3530
07-23-2007, 06:57 PM
I didn't buy the book. I borrowed it from the local public library. I reserved a copy about six weeks ago.

Mirabellifan
07-23-2007, 08:19 PM
I swear to God I will rip someone's heart out of their chest - yes, literally stick my hand into their chest and rip it out - if anyone spoils this book. I will track you down and find you. If you don't live a car ride away, I will send something terrible to you in a package. I haven't even bought the book yet.

I would help you schil! i bought it for 17.99 at Target

Coco's Disciples
07-24-2007, 05:16 PM
Finished.

MDF3530
07-24-2007, 06:43 PM
I swear to God I will rip someone's heart out of their chest - yes, literally stick my hand into their chest and rip it out - if anyone spoils this book. I will track you down and find you. If you don't live a car ride away, I will send something terrible to you in a package. I haven't even bought the book yet.Just so you know Schill, I posted a link to this on some other message boards I frequent.

Some responses I've seen:
LOL
ROTFLMAO
That's ******* hysterical

schillingouttheks
07-24-2007, 06:46 PM
What can I say? I'm a funny guy. I'm not ashamed to show off my Harry Potter fandom.

MANNYHOF24
07-24-2007, 07:02 PM
I just finished it last night. It was a another solid book and a good read. Harry Potter books are always a quick read anyways.

schillingouttheks
07-24-2007, 07:04 PM
Just so you know Schill, I posted a link to this on some other message boards I frequent.

Some responses I've seen:
LOL
ROTFLMAO
That's ******* hysterical

I'm scared to follow the linkbacks to the page where you quoted my post. Hahaha the friggin' title is "Harry Potter Spoilers" ... :lol:

Youk Of The Nation
07-27-2007, 01:23 AM
Let me know when everyone has finished...I bought it a few days ago, read a few chapters at work on my break, and had it finished at 4oclock the next morning. When everyone is done I wanna discuss it.

BSN07
07-27-2007, 02:43 AM
Great book, I would also like to discuss when everyone is ready. Wow and I thought I was the only mid 20's Harry Potter nerd! LOL

castigs850
07-27-2007, 10:20 PM
finished awhile ago, and more is coming in the encyclopedia for those disappointed with the epilogue like i was. good book though. i wish the series wasnt over as it was one of the few books i actually enjoyed reading

schillingouttheks
07-27-2007, 10:28 PM
I just created a thread for those of you that want to discuss the book. IF YOU HAVEN'T READ IT, DON'T GO INTO IT. I clearly titled the thread with a spoiler warning, so if you're stupid enough to go in, then you deserved to have it spoiled.

Quinny
08-24-2007, 04:24 PM
I am 590 pages in but i had to stop because i had to start my damn summer reading.
The story is very interesting so far. I found it a little slow moving but entertaining none the less. I am excited to finish it so i can dicuss it with you guys.