PDA

View Full Version : Canseco says he has steroids related "stuff" on Arod in new book

He Hate Me
07-29-2007, 01:54 PM
hmmm, i thought he was a quack attention getter, and he may still be, but he did bring steroids out there and a lot of the outrageouos stuff in Juiced does seem much more palatble nowadays.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2953302

When Jose Canseco wrote "Juiced" in 2005, he brought the issue of steroids in Major League Baseball to the forefront. Now, Canseco has another book due this fall and he promises some juicy info on Alex Rodriguez.

Canseco told WEEI-Radio in Boston on Friday that he has "other stuff" on the Yankees slugger, who he called a "hypocrite" who "was not all he appeared to be."

When asked if A-Rod had used steroids, Canseco told WEEI, "Wait and see."

"Jose has information about A-Rod and the Yankees that will be in the book. But, I am not sure if Jose is willing to disclose it at this point," Canseco's lawyer, Robert O. Saunooke, told The New York Times.

In Baltimore for the Yankees' game against the Orioles on Saturday night, Rodriguez told reporters that he hadn't heard Canseco's comments about him. "And I have no comment," he told the newspaper.

Canseco has shared names of more players who used steroids with investigators looking into the issue for Major League Baseball. George Mitchell, the former Senate majority leader, was appointed by commissioner Bud Selig in 2006 to head the league's investigation into steroids in the sport.

Saunooke told The Times that Canseco planned to meet again with Mitchell and and his investigators in the next month.

Canseco attracted the attention of Congress with his autobiography, "Juiced," in which the former slugger named several players, including himself, Rafael Palmeiro and Mark McGwire, who he said had used steroids.

schillingouttheks
07-29-2007, 02:04 PM
Interesting to say the least.

However, I wouldn't be surprised if A-Rod and the Yankees appear on one page of his book and have nothing to do with steroids.

See Red
07-29-2007, 02:09 PM
Good for A-Rod if he did. I'd be taking steroids too if it got me to a position where I could demand $30+ million a year. As Daniel Tosh says... these guys hate their life after sports anyway. :D

Cityofchampions33
07-29-2007, 03:36 PM
Good for A-Rod if he did. I'd be taking steroids too if it got me to a position where I could demand $30+ million a year. As Daniel Tosh says... these guys hate their life after sports anyway. :D

whatever amkes you jump higehr, run faster. i want my athletes like my video games, let's go! ahah, daniel tosh is the man.

See Red
07-29-2007, 04:05 PM
:lol: :lol:

I have an HDTV! I want my athletes like my video games!

jacksonianmarch
07-29-2007, 10:35 PM
he said he has "stuff" on ARod. He said nothing about roids. I wouldnt be surprised if he has a detailed list of his infidelities, though.

Gom
07-30-2007, 11:06 AM
I would like Arod to be clean of steroids [not really because he is a Yankee, but because he, Jeter, Varitek, etc., represent what's good about clean baseball players] because I really want Bonds hold on the record to be very short-lived.

BSN07
07-30-2007, 11:37 AM
If he had roid info on AROD it would have been in the 1st book. This is his publisher trying to squeeze a 2nd book out of him. This will be gossip type stuff about him, being a dick, or running around with women, stuff like that.

rician blast
07-30-2007, 09:37 PM
I would like Arod to be clean of steroids [not really because he is a Yankee, but because he, Jeter, Varitek, etc., represent what's good about clean baseball players]

Personally I trust none of MLB's players, from the stars to the fringe players...and that includes the three guys you mention above.

Bonds was 10 times the player McGwire and Sosa ever were, and when they started bashing HR's at record pace, I think that really pushed him to outdue them, at whatever cost.

I think it would be naive to not at least consider the thought that ARod could be exhibiting the same behavior.

Gom
07-31-2007, 01:07 AM
If he had roid info on AROD it would have been in the 1st book. This is his publisher trying to squeeze a 2nd book out of him. This will be gossip type stuff about him, being a dick, or running around with women, stuff like that.

I agree, it would have been in his first book. You will find out that Alex has a girl in every city. Damon basically came out and said that was it by saying you don't want to ruin someone's family, etc. I think infidelity would be more damaging to his marriage than steroids.

BoSox21
07-31-2007, 07:46 AM
he said he has "stuff" on ARod. He said nothing about roids. I wouldnt be surprised if he has a detailed list of his infidelities, though.

exactly, I heard the entire interview Canseco did on WEEI and he never once implied A-Rod was on steroids. all he said was that he had stuff on him in his new book and that he "wasn't what he appeared to be". Canseco was prodded about whether he was referring to steroids but he didn't confirm of deny that, basically wanting to bait people into buying his book

For this thread to be titled "Canseco says he has steroids related "stuff" on Arod in new book" is misleading

Soxfan#1
07-31-2007, 02:20 PM
Probably has multiple wife's in some foreign country.

26 to 6
08-01-2007, 01:50 PM
I can't wait for him to just finally release this book. I've been waiting for it for a while, since he announced releasing a second and third book months ago. I want to see what kind of interesting things there are on other players.