Register now to remove this ad

PaulaSox9

Who would you Consider The Greatest Player Of All-Time For The Red Sox

Rate this Entry
Please view the following 20 Players. Please feel free to add any sox player whom you feel should have been added.

1.Carl Yastremski
2.Roger Clemens
3.Carlton Fisk
4.Johnny Pesky
5.Jim Rice
6.David "Big Papi" Ortiz
7.Jason Varitek
8.Ted Williams
9.Wade Boggs
10.Nomar Garciaparra
11. Bobby Doerr
12.Babe Ruth
13. Jimmie Foxx
14.Manny Ramirez
15.Tris Speaker
16.Dwight Evans
17.Pedro Martinez
18.Kevin Millar
19.Bill Lee
20.John Lester

Comments

Tough call. I have been a loyal sox fan since 1972.My first sox game.Vs the California Angles. I was just a little girl at the time,so i dont remember too much.I do remember Cecil Cooper hitting a home run. Mike Nagy was the pitcher.

I go with Ted Williams,whom was way before my time.But he had the stats,hit over 400 BA and was the heart & soul Of The teams of the late 30's,40,s,50's and early 1960s. thats 4 decades. Wow..Plus 4 years in the military.
    You spelled "Jon Lester" wrong. I'm sure you care about this a year after you posted this.
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulaSox9
    Tough call. I have been a loyal sox fan since 1972.My first sox game.Vs the California Angles. I was just a little girl at the time,so i dont remember too much.I do remember Cecil Cooper hitting a home run. Mike Nagy was the pitcher.

I go with Ted Williams,whom was way before my time.But he had the stats,hit over 400 BA and was the heart & soul Of The teams of the late 30's,40,s,50's and early 1960s. thats 4 decades. Wow..Plus 4 years in the military.
    Mike Nagy looked like he was going to be a very good one for us. I go with Ted even though the Babe is on the list. Second for = Yaz.(1967) Never hv seen anything close to this.
    I'd say if you narrow that list down a lot, it probably comes down to Ted Williams or Pedro. Best hitter, best pitcher the Sox have ever had. You probably have to do it that way: Best position player and best pitcher.
    and why is Kevin Millar on the list? lol