Talksox.com is meant to be a fun place to talk about the Red Sox, Baseball, and life in general. The following rules aim to uphold this goal by creating a set of guidelines. Please read and respect the rules. If you have any questions or comments, do not hesitate to contact an administrator or moderator. The following are the 10 commandments of Talksox.
1) All posts and threads should be made in appropriate categories. Posts in the wrong categories will be moved by moderators.
2) Talksox.com is a PG-13 website. Anything that works in a PG-13 website works here. Certain words are allowed, and the context may dictate which are deemed appropriate or not. Excessive use of profanity will result in a post being edited by a moderator. The exception to this commandment is the anything goes forum (read about that here)
3) The anything goes forum is the R rated portion of the website. Anything that works in an R rated movie may be posted here. You must join the "anything goes" public group (how to do that) in order to see this forum.
4) Arguments are fine and debate is encouraged, but insults will not be tolerated. Moderators will split off and lock threads that evolve into insults, and posts may be deleted. "Fights and Crap" as a sub-forum no longer exists. Keep it peaceful and cordial and if you must, make your arguments intelligently. "Flaming" will result in warnings and, if necessary, bans of a length to be determined by the moderators.
5) Signatures may not include images or links to commercial products.
6) Spamming, whether by private message, email, or in threads, will result in an immediate ban of a length to be determined by the moderators
7) Most first offenses of any of the above infractions will result in a privately issued warning by a moderator. Repeated offenses will result in a ban of a length to be determined by the moderators
8) Multiple accounts are not allowed, unless prior consent has been given by the administrator
9) Please consider if your post contributes to the community before posting. Redundant threads will be locked and/or merged with existing ones. Please use the search tool to see if a thread has already been created.
10) Have fun, its only a message board