Register now to remove this ad

Page 407 of 527 FirstFirst ... 307357397405406407408409417457507 ... LastLast
Results 6,091 to 6,105 of 7897

Thread: Official NFL thread

Amazing fact:

The Brady-Belichick teams have played in 7 Super Bowls.

The combined margin of victory in those games has been 26 points.

Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy View Post
    Pats fans think the Giants were lucky but they deserved to win both of those games.

Pats lost the battle at the line of scrimmage.
    Truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

That is why you are the real MVP.
    My son had been really excited for the game ever since his kindergarten class had a Super Bowl party on Friday. I found an old football in the basement and he and his sister took turns running around the house with it and chasing each other. It was nice outside so we practiced some kickoffs in the afternoon. When the game started, he actually sat down and watched it rather than getting bored and playing legos like every other time sports are on. We had to send him to bed right after halftime. I ended up waking him up when the Pats were at 1st and goal in OT. He was pretty out of it, but was happy when they won.

He woke up still wearing his #12 jersey and was excited that the NFL Network was showing a replay. He got to see all of OT and even tried explaining it to his sister. He also put up a good fight to try and wear the same jersey to school again today.

Yay, sports.
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

Quote Originally Posted by devildavid View Post
    I thought Super Bowl XXXVI was incredible, and it was, but this one was just unbelievable. I was sure the Pats were going to lose but I kept on watching dejectedly. The odds of scoring two touchdowns and two point conversions in that time frame were incredibly long. They made Super Bowl history with this one. I am so lucky to be a Boston sports fan. When I became a fan in the early 70's I never imagined in my wildest dreams the great riches of championships that awaited. All I had back then was the Celtics, and even they eventually fell on hard times. This Super Bowl win ranks way up there as one of the most amazing victories I have ever seen, if not the most amazing.
    Well said Brother.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    My son had been really excited for the game ever since his kindergarten class had a Super Bowl party on Friday. I found an old football in the basement and he and his sister took turns running around the house with it and chasing each other. It was nice outside so we practiced some kickoffs in the afternoon. When the game started, he actually sat down and watched it rather than getting bored and playing legos like every other time sports are on. We had to send him to bed right after halftime. I ended up waking him up when the Pats were at 1st and goal in OT. He was pretty out of it, but was happy when they won.

He woke up still wearing his #12 jersey and was excited that the NFL Network was showing a replay. He got to see all of OT and even tried explaining it to his sister. He also put up a good fight to try and wear the same jersey to school again today.

Yay, sports.
    Good stuff. I saw the photos on FB. Lol. He was so cute! I also saw the agony on your face.

It sure ended well, though.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

That's a magnificent beard MVP.
    We miss you Mike.

"Just one more thing..." Northern Star's Avatar
    Brady - five rings? Fuck him. Fuck them all.

That's OK, Atlanta, just stand there and watch them march down the field in OT, it's not the Superbowl or anything.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

Quote Originally Posted by User Name? View Post
    That's a magnificent beard MVP.
    But is it better than Keuchel?
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

Also: when's baseball start?
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

I wont argue Brady isn't the GOAT, him and Bill are amazing, but the Falcons choked this game away so hard. How do you have the ball up, up 8, on Pats 23 and pass the ball twice in a row, take a sack and a holding penalty and take yourself out of FG range? You have Devonta fucking Freeman, one of the best running backs in the league. RUN CLOCK, KICK THE FG.

Everyone is an expert on why the opponent should have won when the Patriots dominate.

Talk about being intellectually dishonest.

Of course no one mentions how the Pats shot themselves in the foot twice in the second quarter. Nope. Atlanta was the better team!!!!! The media lies!!!!!

FAKE NEWS!!1!!111

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasonbay44 View Post
    I wont argue Brady isn't the GOAT, him and Bill are amazing, but the Falcons choked this game away so hard. How do you have the ball up, up 8, on Pats 23 and pass the ball twice in a row, take a sack and a holding penalty and take yourself out of FG range? You have Devonta fucking Freeman, one of the best running backs in the league. RUN CLOCK, KICK THE FG.
    Freeman did look good when he was running the ball didn't he. Sadly the one play that he could have controlled- just do your job- nothing glitzy or glamarous - just do your goddam job - he couldn't do. All he had to do was stand in Hightowers way on an outside lb blitz and they probably win the game. He couldn't do it. Pats had the ball for 40 out of the 63 + minutes. Ultimately the right team won the game. Imagine that everybody thinks Belicek is a genius simply because he keeps it simple and expects people to do their jobs. What a world we live in. There are people who still expect us to do our jobs - seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Jasonbay44 View Post
    "Excuse me, are you choking?"

Everyone at home knows this but not the people being paid to call the plays?
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

The Falcons had 104 net yards rushing.

The Patriots had 104 net yards rushing.

The Falcons had 284 net yards passing.

The Pats had 466 net yards passing.

Game ovah.

The better team prevailed because it was simply the better team.

Or maybe Atlanta was not "clutch enough". If you believe in that shit.

What will all you haters say next year if the Pats repeat?

You have an entire year to come up with some new excuses.

Get to work.

The Falcons had 104 net yards rushing.

The Patriots had 104 net yards rushing.

The Falcons had 284 net yards passing.

The Pats had 466 net yards passing.

Game ovah.

The better team prevailed because it was simply the better team.

Or maybe Atlanta was not "clutch enough". If you believe in that shit.

What will all you haters say next year if the Pats repeat?

You have an entire year to come up with some new excuses.

Get to work.
    But, but the OT rules need to be changed
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."