Register now to remove this ad

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Site issues

I feel like if we let banned posters return, I'd be hunted down and shot by Fred.
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I can't disagree with you

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    I feel like if we let banned posters return, I'd be hunted down and shot by Fred.
    Nah, he's harmless irl.
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

Nah, he's harmless irl.
    IRL he is a friendly guy. Something would happen to him when he got behind a keyboard when he got worked up.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Super, Duper Moderator Youk Of The Nation's Avatar
    Pretty much any hypothetical situation would end with you being hunted for sport. The return of banned posters, robot apocalypse, zombie apocalypse, nuclear apocalypse, power outage, inclement weather...you're smaller, younger, and fitter, but we're all borderline sociopaths and have all the weapons. You're basically a gazelle.
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKEESRULE View Post
    Yea got hand it to the Sox, they just could not go queitly into the night. Well, they are just post-poning the inevitable.
    - From the 2004 ALCS Game 4 Gamethread. A reminder that no game is over until the final out is recorded, and things will always get better. Misspellings unchanged as a reminder that Yankees fans are just terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Youk Of The Nation View Post
    Pretty much any hypothetical situation would end with you being hunted for sport. The return of banned posters, robot apocalypse, zombie apocalypse, nuclear apocalypse, power outage, inclement weather...you're smaller, younger, and fitter, but we're all borderline sociopaths and have all the weapons. You're basically a gazelle.
    I think you mean "psychopaths" since sociopaths delight themselves in mental torture and are usually cowards by nature.
    We miss you Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by User Name? View Post
    I think you mean "psychopaths" since sociopaths delight themselves in mental torture and are usually cowards by nature.
    Usually, not always. Plus, hunting people for sport is definitely far more sociopathic than psychopathic. The difference between the two is hard to quantify, even by trained psychologists and/or criminologists.
    Last edited by Youk Of The Nation; 04-24-2016 at 12:58 PM.
    Yea got hand it to the Sox, they just could not go queitly into the night. Well, they are just post-poning the inevitable.
    - From the 2004 ALCS Game 4 Gamethread. A reminder that no game is over until the final out is recorded, and things will always get better. Misspellings unchanged as a reminder that Yankees fans are just terrible.

Tomayto Tomahto

Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

"Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Usually, not always. Plus, hunting people for sport is definitely far more sociopathic than psychopathic. The difference between the two is hard to quantify, even by trained psychologists and/or criminologists.
    The one difference they can all agree on is that psychopaths are far more likely to engage in singular acts of violence, like my single-minded desire to engage you in fisticuffs until one or both of us can't go anymore.
    We miss you Mike.

Teddy Roosevelt was a sociopath?

Teddy Roosevelt was a sociopath?
    I don't recall ever reading about Roosevelt hunting people, though it certainly wouldn't surprise me. The man was a badass and a great president, but he was a lunatic. Not Andrew Jackson level lunatic, but still.

I don't recall ever reading about Roosevelt hunting people, though it certainly wouldn't surprise me. The man was a badass and a great president, but he was a lunatic. Not Andrew Jackson level lunatic, but still.
    LOL! read over the "people" part. He did a lot of sport hunting. He was on the fine line of genius and insanity.

Even if he did nothing else, he created the National Park Service, and that alone is enough to make him a great man. The foresight in helping to preserve nature and the environment for the coming generations to enjoy was incredible. Plus, there was that time he was shot and shook it off like a bee sting. Total badass.

I got it. So if Russia tries to take over Europe and reestablish the USSR, I'll keep my eyes open for you guys at my door.

I got it. So if Russia tries to take over Europe and reestablish the USSR, I'll keep my eyes open for you guys at my door.
    Keep your eyes open anyways, gazelle.
    We miss you Mike.

Keep your eyes open anyways, gazelle.
    What was that? I was too busy dozing.