Register now to remove this ad

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: ALDS Roster and Discussion

David Price better be ready to toss three innings in relief for both G3 and G4

All-Star
    Why not 12 pitchers? It would seem much better for match-ups late in the game, extra innings, and also for early starter problems.

And shouldn't we be more pitcher-ready going up against a offensive machine like the Astros??

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by fxkatt View Post
    Why not 12 pitchers? It would seem much better for match-ups late in the game, extra innings, and also for early starter problems.

And shouldn't we be more pitcher-ready going up against a offensive machine like the Astros??
    Maybe in the 7 game series? If they make it?

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Station 13 View Post
    I don't like Barnes there. Maddox on the other hand has pitch better.

Will there be a LOOGY at all?
    Maddox has like what, 20IP for his career? I don't mind if he doesn't go.

I bet they do bring a LOOGY (Scott?) , but the toughest outs in the Houston lineup aren't the lefties. McCann and Reddick are their tough lefties, and not the guys the Sox are likely to be strategizing against...
    Last edited by notin; 10-04-2017 at 07:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

@PeteAbe

If this proves true, it would be a surprise. But hearing LHP Robby Scott will not be on the Red Sox roster. Lefties had a .527 OPS again him

Maybe due to a lack of impact LH Astros?

Boston has until 11 a.m. EDT to set the roster.

Major Leaguer
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    Boston has until 11 a.m. EDT to set the roster.
    That's a little surprising. If true, smart move on the sox to wait until the Astros roster already came out.

The Red Sox will be carrying all five of their starters -- Chris Sale, Drew Pomeranz, Doug Fister, Eduardo Rodriguez and Rick Porcello -- while carrying six relievers. Perhaps one of the few surprises of the group is the addition of Austin Maddox, who will relied on heavily against right-handed hitters. The other relief pitchers include Craig Kimbrel, Addison Reed, Joe Kelly, David Price and Carson Smith.

As Red Sox manager John Farrell suggested, the Red Sox also prioritized carrying multiple infielders in case anything happens to the knees of Dustin Pedroia and/or Eduardo Nunez. Both Brock Holt and Deven Marrero will be on the roster, with Marrero likely serving as a defensive replacement for third baseman Rafael Devers if the opportunity arises.

Rajai Davis joins Mookie Betts, Jackie Bradley Jr. and Andrew Benintendi as the Red Sox outfielders on the roster. Without Young on the roster, and Davis 0-for-17 against Dallas Keuchel, it would seem a certainty that Bradley Jr. remains in the lineup against the lefty in Game 2 despite the pitcher's excellence against lefties.

Young left off. Porcello AND Fister? I don't like that call. Maddox instead of a LOOGY is I guess what they are going with since no big LH Astros bats.

Do you really want Porcello or Fister coming out of the pen? It only has value in eating innings in a complete disaster of a game.

The Red Sox will be carrying all five of their starters -- Chris Sale, Drew Pomeranz, Doug Fister, Eduardo Rodriguez and Rick Porcello -- while carrying six relievers. Perhaps one of the few surprises of the group is the addition of Austin Maddox, who will relied on heavily against right-handed hitters. The other relief pitchers include Craig Kimbrel, Addison Reed, Joe Kelly, David Price and Carson Smith.

As Red Sox manager John Farrell suggested, the Red Sox also prioritized carrying multiple infielders in case anything happens to the knees of Dustin Pedroia and/or Eduardo Nunez. Both Brock Holt and Deven Marrero will be on the roster, with Marrero likely serving as a defensive replacement for third baseman Rafael Devers if the opportunity arises.

Rajai Davis joins Mookie Betts, Jackie Bradley Jr. and Andrew Benintendi as the Red Sox outfielders on the roster. Without Young on the roster, and Davis 0-for-17 against Dallas Keuchel, it would seem a certainty that Bradley Jr. remains in the lineup against the lefty in Game 2 despite the pitcher's excellence against lefties.

Young left off. Porcello AND Fister? I don't like that call. Maddox instead of a LOOGY is I guess what they are going with since no big LH Astros bats.
    Well, with 5 starters plus Price we will have piggyback options aplenty.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    Well, with 5 starters plus Price we will have piggyback options aplenty.
    Do you really want anyone aside from Price piggybacking a start though?

Quote Originally Posted by Maxbialystock View Post
    What is it?

Farrell has said 11 pitchers--I think the five starters plus Kimbrel, Reed, Price, Kelly, Smith, and Barnes--

and 14 position players: Moreland, Pedey, Bogie, Devers, Beni, JBJ, Betts, Vazquez, and HanRam plus Nunez, Leon, Davis, Holt, and Marrero.
    I think you only missed on Barnes vs Maddox. Good job.

Porcello and Fister aren't guaranteed to suck, but I do get your point.

it's the Postseason! certain players turn into pumpkins when the calendar turns to October. they had to carry fister and porcello to cover him.
    other names i have posted under: none