Register now to remove this ad

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Site issues

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    I just heard that the Globe forums are being shut down at the end of May, so there might be a little influx here.
    Those forums are the ugliest things ever. I find them impossible to read.

I'm all for unbanning former posters and giving them another shot.
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

The Globe should go out of business
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    The Globe should go out of business
    I think you mean "boston.com should go out of business."

Boston.com sports is just awful.

The site is next to impossible to navigate and most of the good writers are over at the Globe.com site where they want me to pay for content.

Nope.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

"Just one more thing..." Northern Star's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Youk Of The Nation View Post
    Internet Explorer? That still exists?

Try Google Chrome, it's the best.
    It's called Microsoft Edge now. Don't want to go there. I'm still pissed at the 10 "upgrade" which has left me with no viable media player for DVDs (VLN is useless, worked fine on 8). Also, the constant "application is not available" when it tries to connect to OneDrive every time I log on. FUCK. OFF.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

"Just one more thing..." Northern Star's Avatar
    Internet Explorer? That still exists?

Try Google Chrome, it's the best.
    except if I bring my computer back from sleep or whatever, often I can't get Chrome to open and have to restart. It drove me mad enough to go back to Firefox, which quickly proved to be as bad as when I originally fled from it to Chrome. Sigh.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    I just heard that the Globe forums are being shut down at the end of May, so there might be a little influx here.
    That stinks that BDC forums are shutting down. That said, there are some really good posters there that I think would be a great addition here.

Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    Those forums are the ugliest things ever. I find them impossible to read.

I'm all for unbanning former posters and giving them another shot.
    Please, NO on the unbanning of former posters. Seriously.

Who was the one weird guy who had like 20 accounts and was a hilarious idiotic troll?

There are several people who did that.
    We miss you Mike.

Super, Duper Moderator Youk Of The Nation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Star View Post
    except if I bring my computer back from sleep or whatever, often I can't get Chrome to open and have to restart. It drove me mad enough to go back to Firefox, which quickly proved to be as bad as when I originally fled from it to Chrome. Sigh.
    I've never had that problem, and I have never encountered anyone else who has had that problem. I don't doubt your story, but I think that might be more of a "your computer" issue than a Chrome issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKEESRULE View Post
    Yea got hand it to the Sox, they just could not go queitly into the night. Well, they are just post-poning the inevitable.
    - From the 2004 ALCS Game 4 Gamethread. A reminder that no game is over until the final out is recorded, and things will always get better. Misspellings unchanged as a reminder that Yankees fans are just terrible.

Super, Duper Moderator Youk Of The Nation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    Please, NO on the unbanning of former posters. Seriously.
    I made a special decision in the case of one person, who has yet to actually return and post. I'm not going to give carte blanche to every former Talksox troll to come back and cause trouble. There's at least one person I can think of for whom I would burn this site and the entire Internet to the ground before I let him back. And yes, before the snide comments, I know you can't actually burn the Internet down.
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKEESRULE View Post
    Yea got hand it to the Sox, they just could not go queitly into the night. Well, they are just post-poning the inevitable.
    - From the 2004 ALCS Game 4 Gamethread. A reminder that no game is over until the final out is recorded, and things will always get better. Misspellings unchanged as a reminder that Yankees fans are just terrible.

If you can't burn down the internet, why do I have a firewall?

Also, YOTN is right for not allowing anyone back. I'd be a shitty mod. I respect his decision.

I made a special decision in the case of one person, who has yet to actually return and post. I'm not going to give carte blanche to every former Talksox troll to come back and cause trouble. There's at least one person I can think of for whom I would burn this site and the entire Internet to the ground before I let him back. And yes, before the snide comments, I know you can't actually burn the Internet down.
    And this is why I have repeatedly said that you are an awesome mod. I'm not just blowing smoke either, as we all know that I don't do that.