Register now to remove this ad

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2017 Yankees Trade Rumors

Nothing finalized yet. A's have lowered their return expectations (no way they were getting Torres/Frazier) but still want Florial/Mateo/ + at least one of Sheffield/Adams/Acevedo. And probably something else as well. Don't know if Cashman would go for that.

I'm guessing Mateo + Acevedo + 1 mid level + 1 low level

I don't think he will deal Florial after trading Rutherford

All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by Carpin View Post
    I'm guessing Mateo + Acevedo + 1 mid level + 1 low level

I don't think he will deal Florial after trading Rutherford
    I think we don't get Gray. I think he goes untraded.

Yankees get Gray.

Mateo, Kaprielian, and Fowler. Surprised the A's took two guys coming off surgery

the A's taking a pitcher who yet to throw a pitch this year is very bold and stupid.

Edit: Kaprielian only thrown 29 inning in 3 year. Beane got hosed.
    Last edited by Station 13; 07-31-2017 at 02:15 PM.

Beane is an idiot. The Josh Donaldson trade was proof positive of that.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Fermented Beane curd is left to dry after that trade of Donaldson for Brett Lawrie. He should been fired for that alone.

Cashman also got $1.5M international bonus money from Oakland. Otani in the offseason maybe?

As for the deal, Beane bought low on two injured players who would otherwise be rated much higher than they are. And Mateo has all the tools you look for in a player, but the question is if he can translate them to the field.

All in all I think it was a risky trade for both sides given Gray's injury history.

first stop: Miami clinic
    other names i have posted under: none

Billy got his Beane counted for him. He should ask for Adams, who will likely to have a chance to make an impact for the A's. Two injured players and a busted fallen prospect for Gray is a steal. Gray has 2 more year of control too.

All-Star
    I wish Mateo, folder, andKap good luck. I hope they all come up to the show and do well. Esp Fowler who worked his butt off tp become a legit prospect. I'm happy with the move. Still have a good farm system with more and more guys stepping up each day. Clears 2 spots on the 40 man roster too. With the Ramirez to Os for its money. Like Jacko stated, Otani in the off season??

This deal is a good one for us. Kap could be a lights out pitcher, but he's missed two years. Fowler won't be the same after the surgery at least athletically. Mateo has been a problem child of late. This deal is awesome

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    This deal is a good one for us. Kap could be a lights out pitcher, but he's missed two years. Fowler won't be the same after the surgery at least athletically. Mateo has been a problem child of late. This deal is awesome
    Fowler's injury was devastating. I don't think you bounce back from a ruptured patella tendon as good as new.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

You don't. His speed will likely be significantly diminished