Register now to remove this ad

Page 345 of 376 FirstFirst ... 245295335343344345346347355 ... LastLast
Results 5,161 to 5,175 of 5634

Thread: What Really Grinds My Gears

Super, Duper Moderator Youk Of The Nation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Star View Post
    We can rebuild him. We have the technology

He should lose his medical license.

It's obviously not going to work, and on top of that, the disease this guy has affects the central nervous system, of which the brain is part. Which means even if it did work, (which it absolutely will not, I can't stress that enough), it wouldn't help anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKEESRULE View Post
    Yea got hand it to the Sox, they just could not go queitly into the night. Well, they are just post-poning the inevitable.
    - From the 2004 ALCS Game 4 Gamethread. A reminder that no game is over until the final out is recorded, and things will always get better. Misspellings unchanged as a reminder that Yankees fans are just terrible.

Spouse work holiday parties!
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

"Just one more thing..." Northern Star's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    Spouse work holiday parties!
    Too right. My wife was always uncomfortable with mine and we usually just didn't attend.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

Office Christmas parties are traps for the unwary.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Watching Insidious 1, 2, 3 and can't sleep after.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Star View Post
    Too right. My wife was always uncomfortable with mine and we usually just didn't attend.
    I can relate. Life is full of awkward social situations whether you're single or married or whatever you are, unless you're some mindless extroverted tool.

This forum, on the other hand, is great because I can talk to all you people without actually having to spend time with you.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    I can relate. Life is full of awkward social situations whether you're single or married or whatever you are, unless you're some mindless extroverted tool.

This forum, on the other hand, is great because I can talk to all you people without actually having to spend time with you.
    that is a good thing!

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post

I can definitely relate. I am perfectly happy here under my rock.

"Just one more thing..." Northern Star's Avatar
    People who get bent out of shape if stores say Happy Holidays rather than Merry Christmas.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

Property taxes going up nearly $400 more in 2018. Fuck that shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Station 13 View Post
    Property taxes going up nearly $400 more in 2018. Fuck that shit.
    My town (well about 5% of it anyway) voted to increase their property taxes so that we could have a fancy new Firehouse/Police Station/DPW sandbox even though what we already had was fine! The Police Station was brand new in the 90's and it's not like our population has exploded since then. I guess the big draw was "well, it allows for the diggers and snow plows to be inside a building at night so that they can be warm and cozy." Instead of trying to just fit it into the town budget and have the Police maybe not buy $75k vehicles to be used for traffic cops they figured that residents should just pay more as it is.

At least our town councilors don't want medical marijuana to be sold here, so that's a plus! That local tax revenue sure wouldn't help.

My town (well about 5% of it anyway) voted to increase their property taxes so that we could have a fancy new Firehouse/Police Station/DPW sandbox even though what we already had was fine! The Police Station was brand new in the 90's and it's not like our population has exploded since then. I guess the big draw was "well, it allows for the diggers and snow plows to be inside a building at night so that they can be warm and cozy." Instead of trying to just fit it into the town budget and have the Police maybe not buy $75k vehicles to be used for traffic cops they figured that residents should just pay more as it is.

At least our town councilors don't want medical marijuana to be sold here, so that's a plus! That local tax revenue sure wouldn't help.
    Now that everyone is seeing the increase in their property taxes, everyone is flipping out on the town FB site. LOL. Idiots.

Now that everyone is seeing the increase in their property taxes, everyone is flipping out on the town FB site. LOL. Idiots.
    It sounds great until you realize that you have to pay for it.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

No power at home. All the food in the fridge will need to be tossed.

Sunburns