Register now to remove this ad

Thread: Yankee ticket sales keep falling

Yankee ticket sales keep falling

This is a link to an online article about how the Yankee FO has screwed (and screwed up) their fans and ticket sales. It's one of those multi-part things you have to click through - some thing I usually avoid - but I dealt with it on this one, probably because it deals with the Yankees FO and puts them in a negative light.

http://www.cheatsheet.com/sports/her...268eb6a&ref=OB
    It's a mere moment in a man's life between the All-Star game and the Old Timer's game.
    -Vin Scully

and here i thought that the yankees "fans" were just dressed as empty seats. terrible fanbase.
    other names i have posted under: none

"Just one more thing..." Northern Star's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Slasher9 View Post
    and here i thought that the yankees "fans" were just dressed as empty seats. terrible fanbase.
    I don't blame them at those prices.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

I am an apologist when it comes to player management for sure, mostly because for the better part of my formative years NY was a championship caliber team. But give me a chance to rip Levine or Trost and you have me. The old Yankee stadium had nostalgia, but it also smelled and your feet stuck to the floor. What it also had was affordable seating and at the end, a good product on the field. The new stadium had all the bells and whistles, but Trost and Co forgot that the thing that keeps people coming back is the 3-4 hours that they are watching the game. You build this cathedral, but in the center is the same game. And yes, they built it then poured $400 mil in contracts into the team and saw a title. But after that, the fall came and the team started to look old and slow. Instead of doing what should have been done and seen ticket prices lowered, the brass saw it fit to alienate the fans and trump up their "superior product" in terms of the structure but sat by as the actual product was suffering on the field. The Yankees brass will have a hard time re-convincing the die hard local fan base to come back with maneuvers designed to price gouge them and replace them with people who had bigger wallets. The brass didn't seem to realize that the people who could afford those seats aren't actually living and dying with the team. The guys you just priced out are the guys who were dedicated and now you have an apathetic crowd or no crowd at all. Trost needs to change his tune or else the Yankees games will be watched by all the die hands at home instead of at the stadium

"Just one more thing..." Northern Star's Avatar
    You won't get me to set foot in the place just on principle.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.