Register now to remove this ad

Page 436 of 471 FirstFirst ... 336386426434435436437438446 ... LastLast
Results 6,526 to 6,540 of 7061

Thread: Official NBA thread

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy View Post
    15-2 Baby.

15 wins in a row.

Of course the National media poo-poos the 15 game streak. Who have the Celts beaten, anyway?

The only teams that are seen as stiff comp that they have not beaten are Houston and Cleveland. You could ad a healthy San Antonio, I suppose.

If they stay healthy and learn to play their offense as well as the rest of their game, they are going to be really tough to play in the spring.
    When you have the best player on the court, you always have a chance to win. K. Irving
    Watching Tatum and Brown have a chance to develop makes the trades look all that much better. They needed more than just 15 minutes per game.

Deity
    They really did not look very good as a group against Dallas last night but once again - when you have the bast player on the court you always have a chance. Can't get over how bad Smart can look at times and at how big he turns up at others!

Deity
    Celtics looked pretty pedestrian last night. Outplayed by Detroit. Drummond was a monster. Horford could not deal with him at all. I would like to see Morris play with a little more aggression to. At least with Smart when he has a bad game the effort is always there. he had a good game last night.

Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    Tatum has been playing great so far. At this point, he seems like a better fit for the C's than Tatum or Ball would have been.

Brown has continued to improve upon the flashes we saw last year.

This team could be really really good.
    Uh, yup!
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

They almost blew it last night but the way it ended was great!
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

Deity
    What a finish - a simple little half-court trap on the sideline. Should absolutely never work right? Tell that to big ben when he throws the last pass of the game into the absolute middle of the field. It is about the mental!!!

Deity
    Well Celtic fans, what would you be willing to give up for Anthony Davis? What would Red have done?

Quote Originally Posted by cp176 View Post
    Well Celtic fans, what would you be willing to give up for Anthony Davis? What would Red have done?
    Nothing at this point. I like our big guys as they are.

Maybe next off-season.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

Wow.

Jo Jo White has died.

I used to go to many Celts games when I was a young teen. I would get to the Garden about 2-2.5 hours before game time and watch players shoot around. I remember standing under the basket feeding Jo Jo and Hambone Williams balls.

Jo Jo was a very good player. 7 time all star in 10 years. He had the most text book perfect jump shot.

RIP Jo Jo.
    Last edited by Spudboy; 01-16-2018 at 07:27 PM.

Wow.

Jo Jo White has died.

I used to go to many Celts games when I was a young teen. I would get to the Garden about 2-2.5 hours before game time and watch players shoot around. I remember standing under the basket feeding Jo Jo and Hambone Williams balls.

Jo Jo was a very good player. 7 time all star in 10 years. He had the most text book perfect jump shot.

RIP Jo Jo.
    i remember him. He played with Cowan’s, Hindi and Silas. He was an excellent guard, who didn’t get the recognition that he deserved because there were a number of flashy guards during that period. The knicks had Walt “Clyde” Frazier and Earl “the Pearl” Monroe.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

i remember him. He played with Cowan’s, Hindi and Silas. He was an excellent guard, who didn’t get the recognition that he deserved because there were a number of flashy guards during that period. The knicks had Walt “Clyde” Frazier and Earl “the Pearl” Monroe.
    Yup. The Knicks were stacked back then. I used to go to games against the Knicks as often as I could afford.

It was just about the only time Cowans faced centers his own size! Aside from Willis Reed, that is.

The NY guards were death!

The Celts would play their asses off and still lose most of the time.

That was a real rivalry.

I have so many memories from hanging out at the Garden. Yes, it was a dump! But it was so much fun.

One time before a game I sat behind the Celts game watching a preliminary game. Red Auerbach was sitting with Don Cheney's wife about 10 rows behind me. He yelled "Hey kid get the hell out of there. You don't belong there". Lol.

Yup. The Knicks were stacked back then. I used to go to games against the Knicks as often as I could afford.

It was just about the only time Cowans faced centers his own size! Aside from Willis Reed, that is.

The NY guards were death!

The Celts would play their asses off and still lose most of the time.

That was a real rivalry.

I have so many memories from hanging out at the Garden. Yes, it was a dump! But it was so much fun.

One time before a game I sat behind the Celts game watching a preliminary game. Red Auerbach was sitting with Don Cheney's wife about 10 rows behind me. He yelled "Hey kid get the hell out of there. You don't belong there". Lol.
    Red was not known for his friendly demeanor, but he was some coach. A guy that I used to work with saw Red at the NIT at the old Madison Square Garden (a really long time ago— Current Garden dates from 1967). He said “Hey Red, can I ask you a question?” Red responded “Fuck off”. LOL! He was crushed, because he idolized Red.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

I'm a Bucks fan, so Jo Jo had a role in dashing my dreams, but the guy was a true pro.

Solid player.

Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    I'm a Bucks fan, so Jo Jo had a role in dashing my dreams, but the guy was a true pro.

Solid player.
    I was a Bucks fan too. The Big O, Alcindor, Dandrige, Jones, etc.

Big Lew was impossible to stop!!!!! Cowans was game as fuck and would bang with him all night. Just could not stop that hook.

Big O was the most impressive athlete I had ever seen to that point. He would back you down to the baseline, turn and fire.

Those were the days Moon!

Yeah he was always being a prick when not on camera. I saw it plenty of times. Always yelling things at people and blowing that stinky fucking cigar smoke everywhere.

I used to sit up in a seat behind Johnny Most and shoot the shit with him. He got to know me by name and would share his English Oval cigarettes with me.

I used to run to get him coffee during games.

That man was sort of unfortunate looking and most people might guess he was gruff but to me he was always a sweetheart. He would turn and see me sit down and say "Hey kid!".

I had all types of interesting encounters and conversations with opposing players prior to games. Loyd Neal, Geoff Petrie, and Dave Wohl come to mind. I also spoke with Bob Love and Bob Weiss from the bulls. Love was a cool dude.