Register now to remove this ad

Page 295 of 376 FirstFirst ... 195245285293294295296297305345 ... LastLast
Results 4,411 to 4,425 of 5634

Thread: What Really Grinds My Gears

Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    There also is misinformation about how long the tick needs to be attached to transmit. First pediatrician said the tick needs to be on at least 36 hours. The tick on my son was there less than 12. Crazy that my county has declared it an epidemic, yet many docs are still not entirely aware of the problem. The last pediatrician we saw said he's seeing 1-2 new cases come in everyday.
    Good to know. I think I knew that 12 was the magic number. Whenever I check myself for ticks, I do another, more thorough check in the shower, which sometimes occurs close to that 12 hour mark.
    I can't disagree with you

Deity
    There also is misinformation about how long the tick needs to be attached to transmit. First pediatrician said the tick needs to be on at least 36 hours. The tick on my son was there less than 12. Crazy that my county has declared it an epidemic, yet many docs are still not entirely aware of the problem. The last pediatrician we saw said he's seeing 1-2 new cases come in everyday.
    I'm curious as to why the treatment is different. I n 2007, it was 30 days worth of the anti-biotic. A month ago, it was 2 pills. That's it. Most docs up here (Maine) treat as soon as they find out you have been bitten.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Palodios View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised. He's in second in the polls now, meanwhile Jeb keeps running a poor campaign, and the rest of the field seems awful. I'm gaining a lot of respect from Rand Paul, but who knows how things will shake out.

I actually like a number of the candidates. Rand Paul is certainly interesting. I like Rubio.

Not sure why the treatment is all over the place. Different strains? Idk...
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

Deity
    could be because he is so young maybe - In New England, they just assume that if the tick is a deer tick then there is a fairly good chance that it carries lyme thus the treatment whether they know it is infected or not. Good luck! Most of the time, they determine the tick type and that is it.

Well he has lyme because of the bullseye rash. Don't know of any docs that just assume lyme.

Jacko, any ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

Super, Duper Moderator Youk Of The Nation's Avatar
    [jacko]Well, mvp, Lyme Disease can be a tricky thing. Depending on the treatment, he'll be out at least six weeks and probably won't be at full strength for another four weeks after that. This is going to be a major blow to your season. My son also has Lyme Disease, but he'll pull through it in six or seven days and be back on the field with no residual effects.[/jacko]
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKEESRULE View Post
    Yea got hand it to the Sox, they just could not go queitly into the night. Well, they are just post-poning the inevitable.
    - From the 2004 ALCS Game 4 Gamethread. A reminder that no game is over until the final out is recorded, and things will always get better. Misspellings unchanged as a reminder that Yankees fans are just terrible.

Talksox hall of famer RedSoxfanforlife305's Avatar
    POTY contest has ended.
    Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT : Mind your own fucking business if a conversation doesn't concern you and maybe we can start acting like adults.

Quote Originally Posted by Youk Of The Nation View Post
    [jacko]Well, mvp, Lyme Disease can be a tricky thing. Depending on the treatment, he'll be out at least six weeks and probably won't be at full strength for another four weeks after that. This is going to be a major blow to your season. My son also has Lyme Disease, but he'll pull through it in six or seven days and be back on the field with no residual effects.[/jacko]
    LOL Not to make light of MVP's son, but this is really funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    LOL Not to make light of MVP's son, but this is really funny.
    Too bad one of us can not dig up the chart. You'd love it.

Talksox hall of famer RedSoxfanforlife305's Avatar
    I found the threads, but the chart is completely blank. Must have been removed when Yeszir updated the site a few years back.

It went like this Kimmi

[Jacko]Prospect|Yankees|The player in question is made of 150% pure awesomeness. Fear us.
    Prospect|Sox|He could be good, but this is why he won't be.
    Signing|Yankees|This is the missing piece. We'll win 160 games, and the umps will screw us out of 2.
    Signing|Sox|Risky move, overpaid here, they'll regret this.
    Injury|Yankees|They don't get hurt. Hypothetically, if they did, the recovery will be speedy with no impact to ability.
    Injury|Sox|Everyone is a ticking time bomb. Once hurt, they'll never heal right.[/Jacko]
    Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT : Mind your own fucking business if a conversation doesn't concern you and maybe we can start acting like adults.

Quote Originally Posted by RedSoxfanforlife305 View Post
    I found the threads, but the chart is completely blank. Must have been removed when Yeszir updated the site a few years back.

It went like this Kimmi

[Jacko]Prospect|Yankees|The player in question is made of 150% pure awesomeness. Fear us.
    Prospect|Sox|He could be good, but this is why he won't be.
    Signing|Yankees|This is the missing piece. We'll win 160 games, and the umps will screw us out of 2.
    Signing|Sox|Risky move, overpaid here, they'll regret this.
    Injury|Yankees|They don't get hurt. Hypothetically, if they did, the recovery will be speedy with no impact to ability.
    Injury|Sox|Everyone is a ticking time bomb. Once hurt, they'll never heal right.[/Jacko]
    LOL This type of thing is all too familiar. It's like the double standard is an inborn trait among Yankees fans. I'm sure I would love the chart.

I added some formatting, but this version of vBulletin doesn't seem to show tables correctly -- especially on mobile.

Prospect Yankees The player in question is made of 150% pure awesomeness. Fear us.
    Prospect Sox He could be good, but this is why he won't be.
    Signing Yankees
    Signing Sox Risky move, overpaid here, they'll regret this.
    Injury Yankees They don't get hurt. Hypothetically, if they did, the recovery will be speedy with no impact to ability.
    Injury Sox Everyone is a ticking time bomb. Once hurt, they'll never heal right.
    Last edited by Palodios; 07-14-2015 at 05:13 PM.

Man I miss ORS.
    We miss you Mike.

"Just one more thing..." Northern Star's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Youk Of The Nation View Post
    well done.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.