Register now to remove this ad

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: The Case for signing Shohei Otani

Quote Originally Posted by vjcsmoke View Post
    And for some reason Japanese like West Coast better. The weather, maybe or is it just easier to fly home over the holidays?
    ...and easier assimilation into the culture due to a high Asian population and a culture that is very accepting of diversity.

He also apparently wants to blaze his own trail and not have to follow in someone else's footsteps. LAA fits the bill.

Legend
    Found Otani's WAR. As soon he was signed Las Vegas moved the odds of 50-1 , to 30-1, for the Angels to win it all.

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by SCM33 View Post
    Could they afford to realistically add that much payroll? The Angels arent exactly the Oakland A's, but I have always viewed them as pretty conservative, especially after the Pujols signing.
    Otani is basically nothing payroll-wise after paying the posting fee. Moreno wants to win, so stranger things have happened.

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    Spoken like someone who didn’t try to drive from Culver City to Dodgers Stadium. 405 and 10 are worse than 5.
    405 and 10 are awful ... the 5 is the only way to get to Anaheim, and genuinely terrible, unless Ohtani really chose the Angels for their large number of strip malls.

Oh well I'm over him now. At least he didn't choose the Yankees.

Who knows maybe he will help the Angels give the Astros a run for their money in the AL West.

All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by vjcsmoke View Post
    Oh well I'm over him now. At least he didn't choose the Yankees.
    You can say that again. Can you imagine them landing Ohtani and Stanton in the span of 24 hours? I think I just threw up a little...

"Just one more thing..." Northern Star's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flap View Post
    You can say that again. Can you imagine them landing Ohtani and Stanton in the span of 24 hours? I think I just threw up a little...
    and then a trade for Kershaw by 4pm this afternoon.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

Spoken like someone who didn’t try to drive from Culver City to Dodgers Stadium. 405 and 10 are worse than 5.
    Well, why would one live in Culver City to begin with? But if it came to that, and also came to wanting to go to Dodger Stadium, I'd take the train and the express shuttle from Union Station. Driving to Dodger Stadium and trying to get out of the absurdly designed parking lots pretty much destroys any pleasure one could get from watching the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flap View Post
    Yeah, I guess you could say we got half-lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by jad View Post
    Well, why would one live in Culver City to begin with? But if it came to that, and also came to wanting to go to Dodger Stadium, I'd take the train and the express shuttle from Union Station. Driving to Dodger Stadium and trying to get out of the absurdly designed parking lots pretty much destroys any pleasure one could get from watching the game.
    Lived in El Segundo, worked in CC.
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

Quote Originally Posted by sk7326 View Post
    405 and 10 are awful ... the 5 is the only way to get to Anaheim, and genuinely terrible, unless Ohtani really chose the Angels for their large number of strip malls.
    Hmmmm, well it’s closer to the Ikea in Carson.

@pedromoura

To recap yesterday, Shohei Ohtani has a small tear in his elbow, as is common for major-league pitchers. The Angels knew about it, as did the other teams who pursued him. On that, and the Angels’ inclination to use a six-man rotation to keep him healthy

'Free floating bodies' included

@pedromoura

To recap yesterday, Shohei Ohtani has a small tear in his elbow, as is common for major-league pitchers. The Angels knew about it, as did the other teams who pursued him. On that, and the Angels’ inclination to use a six-man rotation to keep him healthy
    LOL, when I am there to say "told you so" after he blows out his arm and cant hit MLB pitching, I wonder if I will be called racist? HAHAHAHA

Quote Originally Posted by SCM33 View Post
    LOL, when I am there to say "told you so" after he blows out his arm and cant hit MLB pitching, I wonder if I will be called racist? HAHAHAHA
    People are saying it isn't a big deal. We'll see.