Register now to remove this ad

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Otani to be posted

All-Star
    Pete Abraham
    @PeteAbe
    The Red Sox also are out on Ohtani. Dave Dombrowski said they were informed this afternoon.
    6:22 PM · Dec 3, 2017

Oh well...didn't think we had a great shot anyway. I like how fast he seems to be moving (a first this winter), though.

He wants a small market? What a weakling

West coast sucks for baseball.

He is definitely an interesting guy--marches to the beat of his own drum. Money doesn't seem to be the top priority--perhaps he is a religious guy and, unlike most Americans, isn't obsessed with material things.

I can understand the appeal of the West Coast--significant difference in flight times. I'll be rooting for him. He is a unique athlete and seems to have a brain as well. In professional baseball, that is pretty rare.

Pretty funny with the Yankees trying to acquire more and more money for international bonus in order to sign Otani. It looks like Cashman misjudged the situation.
    Last edited by Fan_since_Boggs; 12-03-2017 at 09:31 PM.

If he is reluctant to play in a big market , you are probably better off without him.

All-Star
    I mean, his finalists include both LA teams and the Cubs, so "small market" in this case just seems to mean "not New York or Boston."

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flap View Post
    That brings a smile to my face.
    Me too. I think I like this kid!

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    He wants a small market? What a weakling
    LA and Chicago are two small markets!
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    LA and Chicago are two small markets!
    Everything is small next to the Big Apple!

Quote Originally Posted by Fan_since_Boggs View Post
    He is definitely an interesting guy--marches to the beat of his own drum. Money doesn't seem to be the top priority--perhaps he is a religious guy and, unlike most Americans, isn't obsessed with material things.

I can understand the appeal of the West Coast--significant difference in flight times. I'll be rooting for him. He is a unique athlete and seems to have a brain as well. In professional baseball, that is pretty rare.

Pretty funny with the Yankees trying to acquire more and more money for international bonus in order to sign Otani. It looks like Cashman misjudged the situation.
    yep

The only good thing, from the yankees perspective, is that they can go all in with the prospects released from the Braves

The Mariners just acquired over $1 mil in INTL funds from the Twins yesterday fueling speculation that Ohtani might be headed there

Deity
    I had him pegged for Seattle a while ago.

But I really want to see him go to San Diego. That city deserves something, especially since they have so little left on the pro sports front...

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Carpin View Post
    yep

The only good thing, from the yankees perspective, is that they can go all in with the prospects released from the Braves
    Better get going on that. Several have already signed elsewhere, including the biggest name of the bunch.

TEchnically every team can go all in on these guys, because MLB has allowed teams to use funds from their 2018 Internatioanl Signing money to sign them...

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    Better get going on that. Several have already signed elsewhere, including the biggest name of the bunch.

TEchnically every team can go all in on these guys, because MLB has allowed teams to use funds from their 2018 Internatioanl Signing money to sign them...
    And what is Dombrowski doing? Why hasn't he signed any of them? Does he know that we need to build our farm?

Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    And what is Dombrowski doing? Why hasn't he signed any of them? Does he know that we need to build our farm?
    He doesn't care. He never has.

This should not be a surprise. The FO knew this was part of his deal. This is what DD does.