Register now to remove this ad

Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Stanton - U- B-Sox-GM

Stanton - U- B-Sox-GM

Now that Stanton has passed through waivers, he is eligible to be traded. And IMO, he would look absolutely great in a Sox uniform.

But acquiring him would necessitate dealing with the remaining $295M over next 10 years.

So the question becomes what would the Sox be willing to give up and what would the Marlins be willing to accept.

How about Price, Hanley, Rusney Castillo, and maybe a couple of throw-ins from PawSox?

Quote Originally Posted by dustcover View Post
    Now that Stanton has passed through waivers, he is eligible to be traded. And IMO, he would look absolutely great in a Sox uniform.

But acquiring him would necessitate dealing with the remaining $295M over next 10 years.

So the question becomes what would the Sox be willing to give up and what would the Marlins be willing to accept.

How about Price, Hanley, Rusney Castillo, and maybe a couple of throw-ins from PawSox?
    If the Marlins are looking to trim payroll why in hell would they want to assume those contracts?
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

We'd have to give even more in talent by making any team take on Price, HRam and Castillo.

Miami doesn't want any of those three.

If they do trade GS, it will be for at least 4-5 top quality young players or prospects.

Just say no to Stanton's contract. And having to give up prospects on top of it? No thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    Just say no to Stanton's contract. And having to give up prospects on top of it? No thanks.
    I agree. Paying big money is one thing, but to give up the budget AND top young talent is a double whammy.

One major reason I loved the Chris Sale deal was that his contract is relatively low for 3 years.

All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy View Post
    If the Marlins are looking to trim payroll why in hell would they want to assume those contracts?
    Yeah, I assumed that bit was a joke.

This is the worst trade proposal in the history of fake trade proposals.

Quote Originally Posted by BstHcpr View Post
    This is the worst trade proposal in the history of fake trade proposals.
    Crunch the numbers, and then get back to me on what you believe makes this the worst trade proposal in history.

Price, Rodriguez, bogey and 2 prospects for Stanton.

Crunch the numbers, and then get back to me on what you believe makes this the worst trade proposal in history.
    I shouldn't have to.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Cook View Post
    Price, Rodriguez, bogey and 2 prospects for Stanton.
    Another easy no for the Sox and the Marlins

Ha ha! We have a GREAT player whom we think is overpaid. I've got an idea. Let's trade him for another overpriced, injury prone player and a bunch of mediocre or even minor league players who are also being overpaid.

Legend
    While he would look great in a Sox uniform, there is virtually no chance we go for him. Too expensive in cost and what we would have to give in talent. Two years from now, with Hanley gone, we might think about it but he will go to someone else this year.

Quote Originally Posted by BstHcpr View Post
    Another easy no for the Sox and the Marlins
    Price's contract just about cancels Stanton's.

If the two prospects were Travis and Beeks, I'd surely do it (this winter).

If the two prospects were Groome and Chavis, I might do it, but we'd have to sign a SP'er either way.

I'm thinking we lose Bogey in 2.3 years anyways. ERod is tough to part with. I'd hand Price away for nothing.

Note: Miami will NOT WANT PRICE!

------------------2018-------------2019------------2020-------------2021----------2022

Hanley--------22,750,000-----22,000,000

Price----------30,000,000-----31,000,000----32,000,000-----32,000,000----32,000,000

Castillo--------11,771,428----11,771,428-----14,271,428

Total----------64,521,428----64,771,428------46,271,428----32,000,000----32,000,000

Hanley, Price, Castillo 5-year total 239,564,284

Stanton 5-year total 147,500,000

Stanton 2023-2027 (5 x $29,500,000) 147,500,000

Over the next ten years deducting Hanley, Price, and Castillo’s salaries from the $295M owed Stanton leaves a difference of $55,435,716 which averages out to costing the Sox an additional $5.5M per season for the next 10 seasons for Stanton over what is owed Hanley, Price, and Castillo.

Or put another way get rid of Hanley, Price, and Castillo's contracts for $239.5M and pay Stanton $147.5M for five years saving $92M over the next 5-year span. And then pay Stanton the $29.5M for the remaining five years.

And hypothetically, if Harper and Trout get what is projected in FA, then in 2023 if Stanton was to be in a free agent position, he would easily command $30M/yr.
    Last edited by dustcover; 08-15-2017 at 10:21 PM.