Register now to remove this ad

Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Yankees 2017-2018 Hot Stove

I think we still need a veteran infielder. Torres will probably start the year in AAA (because of service time) and I would prefer not to have two of Wade/Toe/Andujar in the lineup at the same time. Maybe try to snag Jed Lowrie? As for the starters I'm fine with the current rotation with Adams as the 6th. Would Cole make us better? Yeah, but I don't think by that much. He could be the next Pineda, dominant stuff that does not translate into real production.

I’d like one for sure, but I don’t think one is necessary. We’ve got Torreyes, Andujar, Wade and Torres ready. If they flop, we can always bring up Estrada. If they all flop, we can trade for one. The beauty of this lineup is that we can carry two rookies figuring it out and still be an elite offense.

Interest cooled on Cole. The Pirates wouldn’t move off Gleyber Torres, which ain’t happening. Yanks are in on Darvish, but they’d need to move payroll to make that happen. My anticipation is they’d get him only if his market dropped, which I anticipate that it wont

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    Interest cooled on Cole. The Pirates wouldn’t move off Gleyber Torres, which ain’t happening. Yanks are in on Darvish, but they’d need to move payroll to make that happen. My anticipation is they’d get him only if his market dropped, which I anticipate that it wont
    The asking price was ridiculous, I still hope Cashman is working on something big.

No Darvish please, unless Cashman moves Ellsbury

Quote Originally Posted by Carpin View Post
    The asking price was ridiculous, I still hope Cashman is working on something big.

No Darvish please, unless Cashman moves Ellsbury
    How about Torres, Frazier, Ellsbury & cash

for

McCutcheon & Cole

Major Leaguer
    Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    Darvish is overpriced and limits the Yankees ability to make any mid-season moves if necessary. They should continue to pursue a trade for Corbin leaving them some financial flexibility for the season. Darvish went 10-12 last year with an ERA approaching 4.00 and it is rumored he wants $20-25 million. HRs allowed increased and pitching in Yankee Stadium that number is sure to go up. At $10 million CC resigning is a steal!
    My friends and contacts list is empty - No Shit - I'm a Yankee fan on a Red Sox forum!!

Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    How about Torres, Frazier, Ellsbury & cash

for

McCutcheon & Cole
    Sounds interesting, but we don't need McCutchen and we really need Torres, there are a couple holes in the IF (2B & 3B)

Sounds interesting, but we don't need McCutchen and we really need Torres, there are a couple holes in the IF (2B & 3B)
    Then, you can trade Garner and free up more cash.

Then, you can trade Garner and free up more cash.
    That could be a solution but I just don't see Cashman trading Gardner. He's a good clubhouse presence and while he's not a star he's very consistent and durable.

That could be a solution but I just don't see Cashman trading Gardner. He's a good clubhouse presence and while he's not a star he's very consistent and durable.
    Plus he looks like Doctor Evil.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

If it meant adding McCutchen and Cole, I think sacrifices could be chosen.

Maybe it's just me, but I feel like McCutchen and Cole are overrated.

Cutch did have a bounce back season last year but it's still not close to the production he put up in 2014/15.. and I feel like his current reputation as a top player has been riding off of his past greatness. As for Cole, the guy just scares me. And not in a good "oh dayyumm he nastyy" kinda way. There are just a lot of red flags around the guy and he's coming off of a mediocre year. I would maybe say "buy low" but if Gleyber Torres is low, then go $%^* yourself Pittsburgh.

If it meant adding McCutchen and Cole, I think sacrifices could be chosen.
    The point is that we don't need McCutchen, I'd love to have him but is just not a good fit

The point is that we don't need McCutchen, I'd love to have him but is just not a good fit
    If you could also trade Gardner to open more spending space, then the "fit" is there.

If you could also trade Gardner to open more spending space, then the "fit" is there.
    Still not trading Torres or Florial, those two are my untouchables. I can live without Shefield, Adams even Andujar, but not the first two.