Register now to remove this ad

Page 422 of 471 FirstFirst ... 322372412420421422423424432 ... LastLast
Results 6,316 to 6,330 of 7061

Thread: Official NBA thread

There are no Tim Duncans in this years draft class.

So I don't see how the number 1 pick can be of as much value.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

The last pure guards taken #1 overall:

Kyrie Irving
    John Wall
    Derrick Rose
    Allen Iverson

Fultz has a ton of value. Trading him for a guy like Paul George would be a mistake imo.
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

All-Star
    Would be very upset if they traded the pick for George or Butler.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Fisk View Post
    Would be very upset if they traded the pick for George or Butler.
    I really would be surprised if that happens. I think that they will go after Heyward or someone else out there like him and then trade from what they have right now to pick up a good solid young guy (if they can lock him up) maybe Butler. i think that they are likely to keep that top pick but the fact remains that there are too many guards on this team. in terms of being more competitive next year, yes I think they can be. Once again - top 4 in the league. But when it comes to winning the title, sadly as long as Lebron is around, good luck with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy View Post
    There are no Tim Duncans in this years draft class.

So I don't see how the number 1 pick can be of as much value.
    Me neither, that's why I said "sort of". But the C's have the Net's 2018 1st pick as well so.... there's still hope of drafting a Power Forward or Center next draft.

That performance tonight by the Celtics was one of the worst performances ive ever seen in playoff history for all sports. absolutely pathetic.

Deity
    That performance by Lebron tonight was one of the best I have ever seen in playoff history.

I never thought the Celtics would win another game in this series against Cleveland without Isiah Thomas. Anyone else?!

Quote Originally Posted by gojohn99 View Post
    I never thought the Celtics would win another game in this series against Cleveland without Isiah Thomas. Anyone else?!
    Not a Celtics fan, but that effort last night was awesome to see. Avery Bradley played his ass off on both ends.

Quote Originally Posted by Jasonbay44 View Post
    Not a Celtics fan, but that effort last night was awesome to see. Avery Bradley played his ass off on both ends.
    I like seeing both Bradley and Smart playing D at the same time.

Make no mistake about it. LeBron will not score only 11 points again this season.

I expect him to go off in game 4.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by gojohn99 View Post
    I never thought that they would win another game with him- lol.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy View Post
    I like seeing both Bradley and Smart playing D at the same time.

Make no mistake about it. LeBron will not score only 11 points again this season.

I expect him to go off in game 4.

Bradley and smart! me too. i appreciate everything that IT has done but I never get too excited about one player having the ball in their hands as much as he does.

I think IT is a very good player but he has a huge weakness that he really can't help, his defense is really bad and it's in large part due to his height.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasonbay44 View Post
    I think IT is a very good player but he has a huge weakness that he really can't help, his defense is really bad and it's in large part due to his height.
    I agree. I don't think that you build a team around him no matter how good he appears to be.

I hope that game 3 win turns this series around in the Celtics favor in that weird sort of way that sports sometimes plays out.
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I can't disagree with you